A Clerical Heir (Participants = Premium Prizes)

Welcome to my second Tournament of Champions. We all just finished up my A Knight's Charge with rave results and reviews. Now we move into a more subtle encounter with a battle of shadows and wits...

Requirements
1: A legendary creature of the Cleric or Noble type.
2: Another creature of the other Cleric or Noble type. (Basically, I want a cleric that works for a noble.)
3: The land that the Noble governs.
4: A legendary non-creature, non-artifact spell, that is the clerics go to. (Instant, Sorcery, Enchantment)

***Yes, old cards are allowed***

I am looking for cohesiveness, and flavor that ties your entries together. Also, balance, grammar and syntax are key.

I have an algorithm designed to compare one card versus another, or set. All judging will be based off of this. Once I get all entries, judging will consist of randomly drawn contestants, and I will post the results from each round after.

Phase 1 entries will close on 15Mar2020.

Prizes: Prizes come in tiers based on the number of unique people that enter.

Tier One: Less than five people
1st: Follow + Favorites on all of your entries plus and two other cards of your choice
2nd: Favorites on all of your entries
3rd: Guaranteed favorite on entry

Tier Two: Five to Nine People
1st: Coin Flip for One Month of Premium + Follow + Favorites on all of your entries and two other cards of your choice
2nd: Favorites on all of your entries
3rd: Guaranteed favorite on entry

Tier Three: Ten to Fourteen People
1st: One Month of Premium + Follow + Favorites on all of your entries and two other cards of your choice
2nd: Favorites on all of your entries plus two other cards of your choice
3rd: Guaranteed favorite all of your entries
4th and 5th: Guaranteed favorite on entry

Tier Four: Fifteen to Nineteen People
1st: One Month of Premium + Follow + Favorites on all of your entries and two other cards of your choice
2nd: Follow + Favorites on all of your entries plus two other cards of your choice
3rd: Guaranteed favorite all of your entries
4th and 5th: Guaranteed favorite on entry

TIER FIVE: 20+ PEOPLE
2nd and 3rd: Follow + Favorites on all of your entries plus two other cards of your choice
4th and 5th: Guaranteed favorite all of your entries
Honorable Mentions: Guaranteed favorite on entry

Comments

• edited February 2020
    @spookoops

The Noble.

The Cleric.

The Legendary Spell.

The Land.
  • edited February 2020
    Noble
    His Wife
    Land
    Noncreature Nonartifact spell.
    All these cards are loosely based on The Wheel of Time book series.
  • A

The Noble -

The Cleric (/Noble) -

The Land that the Noble governs -

The cleric's legendary noncreature, nonartifact spell -

• A cleric:

Her noble:

"His" lands:

Her signature magic:
  • edited February 2020

image image
    image image
  • @FantasticKill7 Not to burst your bubble, but one of your Nobles should be a Cleric.

The reqs are a Noble or Cleric, another Noble or Cleric, but the option you didn't pick for the first one, a signature spell, and a land. I would suggest making his wife a Cleric.

Also, nice cards. I love me a little token creation.
  • edited February 2020
    @Revan
    You're right, will remake.
  • @Revan
    thanks for catching that.
  • @FantasticKill7 You're welcome bud.
  • So, mine are entirelly and literally from a book.
    Presenting the Nobility of the River area:
    (People and places from the Wind in the willows.)
  • @KorandAngels I love The Wind in the Willows. These are nice cards.
  • I applaud your audacity
  • How many phases will there be, and are the prizes per phase, or just total?
  • @DrakeGladis
    If it's the same as last time, the prizes go to the people who come out on top of all the phases.
  • edited February 2020
    @Everyone, a few things I have noticed through out. Both Noble and Cleric don't have to be legendary, only one. No harm if they both are just letting y'all know. The signature spell must be legendary not the land; again, if the land is legend, no harm.

@DrakeGladis, There will be a number of phases based on entrants, more entrants = more phases. The prizes go out to the ones who make it into the final phase.

@KorandAngels, not gonna lie, possibly the best work I've seen you done.

If you all think someone would enjoy my tournaments, please don't hesitate to tag them.
  • Yo, @sorinjace, you may like this contest.
  • Maybe working with a predefined character helps me keep the abilities linked together?
  • Also, somebody commented on Mr Toad saying I stole their idea. This is not true.
  • edited February 2020
    The noble:

The cleric:
    image\

The land:

The spell:
  • @spookoops
    When I read 'legendary' I read it in terms of 'historic' :|

If my saga doesn't count I will make something else.
  • @Dizzydude
    You may want to check this out ;)
  • @FantasticKill7 Just make the Saga Legendary...
  • @Revan
    good point

sometimes I don't think about things as thoroughly as I should XD
  • edited original comment ;)
  • Snorrrr - snort snort- huh, whu? Who pnged me? Oh, hey @Revan. :) I'll check this out more tomorrow. When's it over?
  • @sorinjace, I just started this. You've still got a few weeks.
  • edited February 2020
    Here is my entry. Hopefully it does even better than Amelie, Knight of the Rose, did.

Please meet Aelin von Eylstadt, Crown Princess of Eylstadt and next in line for the throne. Though courtly obligations are many, Aelin is a warrior at heart, and prefers to wear her armor, face hidden, and stand by her people on the battlefield as their commander. Though few know her identity, many soldiers suspect who the masked woman in command is. Her dual life and the responsibilities of both have always been problematic, but as her court responsibilities grow she is finding it harder and harder to manage, especially in light of her father's declining health.

She is aided by her cleric, Ilsa. Ilsa was born with a rare genetic defect that allows her to morph her body and shape into anyone she's had close contact with. As Princess Eylstadt's chief maid and on-hand healer, Ilsa has long since been able to replicate her Princess's body perfectly. As such, when Aelin is needed in the army, Ilsa regularly takes her place in court, assuming her body and mannerisms, learned through years of service to the Princess. As a side note, Wandelwicht means changeling in German.

Not all times are peaceful however, and despite the love the people have for the royal family, there are dissidents. Whether as her attendant, or as the Princess in disguise, Ilsa practices blood magic specific to her kind which allows her, and her Princess, to become immune to harm when near one another. She believes if she gives enough of herself, she may even be able to give the Princess the strength she needs to fend off any harm, but she's never gone so far as to try for concern over what the cost to herself might be.

Eylstadt itself is a large metropolitan citadel. The central keep houses the royal family, the state cathedral, and Eylstadt square, were seemingly daily thousands gather to cheer and sing their love for the royal family. Outside the interior, a sprawling city grows ever onward, protected by mighty walls and the nearby river. Only the royal family knows how the city truly came to be, but rumor and myth states that they led a band of nomads to settle by the nearby Eylstadt river that the family, and city, takes its name from, and as the leaders of the tribe, built the city with their own hands and through divine will over millennia.

• edited March 2020

This discussion has been closed.