A Clerical Heir (Participants = Premium Prizes)

Comments

• Phase 1 closes in 12 hrs...if you wanna make updates or changes, now's the time
  • Phase 1 has closed for judging, please stand by for results...
  • *drumroll ensues*

• Please bear with me y'all. I'm trying to fully grasp this new imaging system.

• It's all fine
  • Phase 1 results are in...

defeats
    This was nearly the closest of all the battles for Fiefdom, we had your cards evenly matched on paper, but the algorithm gave the edge to @Derain2 .

defeats
    @KorandAngels was the dominant 'Smith today. @Fantastickill7 we found some formatting and cohesion issues. Plus, the algorithm liked Mr. Toad better.

defeats
    Another close battle, again evenly matched on paper, the algorithm gave the win to @Scott_Anderson. Plus, the creativity of a Whale Sovereignty...

defeats
    @Shadaar really embodied the ideas we were going for; The Cleric is the puppet master. The algorithm also gave the win.

defeats
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos grabs the victory. The algorithm actually had you tied, but @Blacktyger00 you have some severe formatting issues and tried too much on your cards. We like your enthusiasm, keep up the work and hone your skills.

defeats
    The victor is @Bremtreaty, we like the creativity set behind this. And, it seems the algorithm did too. @WilfordGrimley cute idea using the Aladdin setting, we all enjoyed your cards.

defeats
    This came down to a separate vote, seriously. The algorithm had you evenly matched, and we liked both sovereignty equally. We had to bring in a 3rd party, our LGS owner, to make the final decision. He liked the cohesion and creativity that @HeroesUnderFire brought to the table.

Here we have it. The victors of Phase 1. Not gonna lie, if this were to end here and now, we would have a clear champion. But, that's not how tournaments work... I wonder who it could have been...
    @Derain2 @KorandAngels @Scott_Anderson @RayearthIX @Shadaar @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos @Bremtreaty @HeroesUnderFire you all advance to the Second round. Please stand by for your Phase 2 challenge, I will have it posted here shortly.

• Good job @KorandAngels!
    You beat me fair and square.  :)
  • Nice job @Everyone. Will patiently await the next challenge for King and Country.
  • not to be pushy @spookoops but where does my entry place?
  • I didn't expect to win this one.
  • @SpellPiper2213, I apologize, I seem to have forgot to post your match-up results with @RayearthIX...

defeats
    @RayearthIX took the victory. On paper you both were an even match, but, visually, @RayearthIX cards are a pleasure. The algorithm gave the edge to @RayearthIX as well.

@SpellPiper2213 there is no specific rank. It was all based off the blind draw match-ups. You could have probably bested some of the others if you were differently matched.
  • edited March 2020
    Alright here is the phase 2 challenge...

As you all come off your weary battles, you all here a crack in the clouds and a beam of light shine down in the far distance.

Your challenge now is two fold, create a card representing a scout mission to investigate the disturbance, and secondly, a card to deal with whatever you may find, whether it be the disturbance or whomever you run across along the way.

You will all be randomly pitted against another challenger for the High Throne. 

@Derain2 @KorandAngels @Scott_Anderson @RayearthIX @Shadaar @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos @Bremtreaty @HeroesUnderFire you have until Monday (4 days) to complete this challenge.
  • I'd like to quit the contest, since it was a while since I made the cards, and I don't know what to do next because I'm working with something new.
  • edited March 2020
    I'm totally cool with the results (Congrats @Shadaar !), but i'm unclear about why we made the three other cards if it was only the Nobles being judged against one another? 
  • @Rayne-Lord, all cards were used, it is just easier for me to post a singular card than all your entries.
  • @spookoops it's alright for forgetting to post one of the rankings. I was just wondering where it was. Congrats to all @winners
  • @spookoops
    Thanks so much for putting this on, I'm excited about this next section. I do want to ask though, what was the meaning of that planeswalker (Reya, Force Slayer) that you posted? Are they what caused the disturbance that our nobles/clerics are investigating?
  • @Bremtreaty, exactly that. Step one: investigate the disturbance, step 2: deal with any potential threat.
  • @spookoops - yay for advancing, and I'm glad you like the cards (and your algorithm too). I'm a bit confused about the next step... Are the cards supposed to be any type at all (creature, sorcery, etc.)? Is the disturbance specifically Reya, so the card for facing the threat is meant to counter him? 

Please give a bit more information on what you are looking for from this, as I'm unsure. Also, is the Cleric or Noble we just made the one who is supposed to be investigating the threat, or can it be anyone from the kingdom? 
  • Your cards can be of any type, not planeswalker. your second card should be able to deal with the unknown, not just Reya.
  • image image Tanna advises that new friends are better than new enemies, but they always end up as "friends" or dead anyway...
  • edited March 2020
    Whenever a new threat, or just something unknown, occurs in the lands around Eylstadt, the first into the fray are the Pathfinders. They are a lightly armored and mounted vanguard that is able to move with haste to any location. Their experience in the surrounding regions also means that they know the land, and are able to tell when something has changed with it.

Eylstadt 

Most people view the royal family of Eylstadt as their saviors, leaders, or in some cases figureheads. However, few believe that they are capable military leaders. Aelin has led troops many times, but does so under a mask, with her Wandelwicht covering for her. In times of dire need, the royal family does have a secret weapon though, one that was discovered by the first Eylstadt millennia ago. It is armor more powerful than any that could be made by human hands, but if any in the family know who made it, those people have long since perished. Only those with the blood of the Eylstadt family can don the armor, or so the legend goes.

Angelic
  • In terms of crafting, let me know if you think either card is OP so I can edit the mana cost as needed. The Raiment is purposely Angelic Destiny as an equipment, with added Radiance. I'm focusing on Radiance and Soulbond for these cards, but I didn't think soulbond made sense for either of these two, as that I will primarily put on Wandelwicht cards, whereas Radiance is more for the royal family and city itself. 
  • @Scott_Anderson, @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos, @Derain2, @Bremtreaty, @HeroesUnderFire There is only one more day for your pahse 2 entries. Please get them in soon.
  • Thank you for the heads up. I don't have anything prepared so I'm going to bow out. Good luck, friends.
  • Among the elemental clerics in the Fallen Star's Court, Arborem is the gentlest of them all. He believes in the chaos of Nebulous as all shapers do, but he desires this because he knows that it is from the chaos that life will be reborn. As the most moderate member of the Fallen Star's Court, Arborem is the diplomat of Nebulous. He is always exploring the outermost borders of the plane and is the first to establish contact with outsiders. 

Arborem Grower From Ashes

If there is ever a shadow of a doubt that an outside force might interfere with the expansion Nebulous and the will of the Star Child, however, Arborem's gentle approach does not suffice. In these cases, the Noble of Nebulous exerts her influence over Nebulous. She turns all outside forces to her will, or else turns them mad. 

Star Childs Influence
This discussion has been closed.