I Guess This Is Kinda a Ripoff, But Who Cares?

2»

Comments

• How about this

Barricade (you and planeswalkers you control without barricade cannot be attacked)

It is meant to go on a player, or on a planeswalker, which means they are the only one that are able to be attacked. If a player has barricade, no planeswalkers they control without barricade can be attacked. If a planeswalker has barricade, creatures cannot attack the player, or other planeswalkers without barricade.
  • edited April 2020
    How about this:

Muddle X (When this creature deals damage to a player, shuffle X token Confusion cards  with cycling 3 into that players deck.)

Alternatively, if you don't think this is bad enough

Muddle  X (When this creature deals damage to a player, shuffle X token Confusion cards into that players deck.)

In this case, they would just essentially not draw a card that turn.
  • *sigh* I’m not looking for mechanics that are challenging or bad.... if that’s what people are thinking, they’re wrong...
  • @Ranshi

By bad enough, I mean bad enough for the opponent. The first Muddle might seem too underpowered to be useful, as there is both no garuntee they will draw them in a game, and it only takes mana to draw a new card. The second one is more powerful, that is all that I meant.
  • @KingWatherton, here's the reason I figured that you meant bad as a mechanic:

You aren't able to shuffle other player's decks. Secondly, this would be a pain to set up, and to clean up, thirdly, you can't put something into someone's library. It's just not how it works. 

I'm not saying I don't like the idea, I'm just saying that it doesn't work in Magic. It would more likely work in Hearthstone, where everything is digital, and you can get away with that sort of thing. I believe that Bad Luck Albatross already does something similar.
  • @KingWatherton, @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos, I also kinda want only one request per person at a time, so that I can keep it all track of more easily.
  • Current Requests:

@Dizzydude
    Shifting {cost} (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay this creature's shifting cost. If you do, this creature loses all abilities and becomes a copy of target creature an opponent controls until your next upkeep.)

@spookoops
    Piercing (This creature can deal excess combat damage to another target creature defending player controls.)

@Fallen_Lord_Vulganos
    Mastery N - Whenever [source] deals N or more damage, [effect].

@KingWatherton
    Barricade (Creatures your opponents control can't attack you or planeswalkers you control without barricade.) 
    I will probably make some edits but make it function as you seem to be envisioning it.
  • @WarriorCatInAhat,

I finally ended up making the card I designed with that mechanic of yours!

• XP N(When this spell is destroyed by a creature, put N +1/+1 counters on that creature
    and any creature in it's party.)
    BTW I made this mechanic for this challenge:
    https://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/5146/recruiting-adventurers#latest

• Yeah... I kinda stopped doing this. It did it's job and pulled me out of my slump. Sorry...
  • Here's a Few -

Final Flame - Whenever an opponent's creature dies, Final Flame deals __ damage to them.

Stream - Whenever this creature kills another creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it and it can attack again this turn.

Gravewake __ - (Put mana here): Return this creature from your graveyard to the battlefield. Create __ Zombie creature tokens.
  • Oh... just saw the above messages.
This discussion has been closed.