Tournament of Champions! (The game has begun)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    @Faiths_Guide @TenebrisNemo

The initial plan was 36 hours but I won't be able to begin judging or writing anything until late on Sunday so I will delay your deadline for the writing to 20:00 (8 pm that evening.) This will give you 7 additional hours so 43 hours in total to write any combat related actions (or fill up with what your champions done before it.)

So from here on, you have 43 hours to write any action related stories for what and how your champion fight.
    You are allowed to hurt each other badly but not so such a level that significant actions on their part would be rendered impossible or greatly limited.
    During these 43 hours you are allowed to post new signature cards, (just remember to specify which 2 will be used for the evaluation later.)

The arena has any regions that could be considered relevant for the battle.
    If you have any questions than you need only ask.

Good luck and let the final begin where the true champion will be decided!
  • Stelladora - part 4

The long flight towards Zeislanta was not easy. Radhe had during one occasion on the later days fallen off Etrish when a swarm of crows had flown past them and taken Etrish interest. Radhe had been saved in falling air by Reddas and Etrish. They decided to rest at a nearby outpost that night. There where a nearby mountain pass that kind of called for her. Radhe had fell to the desire to explore why she had this feeling and went out to the pass in the night.

A cold wind passed by Radhe when she entered between the first two cliffs into the pass.
    The pass had a few flower and bushes on it with a few trees here and there. Up towards the side close to a cave the trees and other plants where looking old and almost dead. She walked up towards the cave but when she saw it clearly. The trees where grey of abyss. The air became cold and a large thing appeared in the cave. Radhe stood still as the beast stepped outside of the cave. It was an akon beast.
    What was strange was that Radhe did not feel real fear nor did her body freeze. She was completely able to move regardless but the akon did not seem to be aggressive towards her. It just stood there in the cave opening and looked at her. Radhe approached the akon. Maybe it is good and good and don't want to harm people. Is that why it hides in a cave? No. It is not the akon. It is her.

A dragon's roar is heard behind her and the akon makes haste towards the roar past Radhe. Elaine and another dragon riders appear past the mountain that Radhe had walked by earlier The unknown of the dragons is flying low and prepared to breath fire upon the approaching beast. The stream of fire cowers the akon completely but it seems to be unscathed. The akon runs up on a boulder and jumps onto the dragon. It grabs the neck of it and through one single strike it cuts straight through it as if it had been any small bird. The dragon and the rider falls down onto the stone ground. The rider dies by the impact and the dragon leaves a very bloody corpse after it.

Another larger dragon's roar is heard from behind the mountain. Etrish with Reddas appear from behind it. Etrish flies straight onto the akon while the Elaine rider flies towards Radhe and grabs her. The dragon's claw accidently scratches Radhe's left shoulder as it picks her up leaving a bleeding wound. Etrish flies down and attacks the akon. The akon is hit by Etrish claw but it does not seeme to been hurt. The akon in turn tries to attack Etrish but misses. Reddas and Etrish flies and turns again towards the akon. This time the akon takes up a large stone and throws it towards Etrish. It hits her head in high speed. She loses focus and the akon take an opportunity and manages to jump towards Etrish. It grabs her left wing muscle and strikes her wing so blood is splattering. Reddas is quick and draws a hammer and strikes toward the akon. Etrish is so hurt that she spins in the air. The akon drops down but Etrish in turn crashes down onto the rocky ground with Reddas on top. The impact felt stronger than it should. Both of them survives the fall but now the Akon is approaching. Elaine is flying towards the mountain away from Reddas and Etrish. Reddas is standing on Etrish facing towards the approaching akon. Memories of Sir Wardnan are running through Radhe's head.

She screams to Reddas to run but her scream as she screams another roar is heard. The roar is so loud it shakes the whole mountain pass. Elaine quickly flew higher up at the mountain while shouting something while she kinds of laughs. The mountain pass is shaking again. Radhe turns around and sees a humongous dragon approacing. The giant dragon's wings shakes the ground beneath with each wing flap. The akon had stopped and throws a boulder towards the approaching dragon but even though it hits straight on. The dragon does not flinch, not even a little. The dragon covers the whole mountain pass in a sea of fire that just misses Reddas and Etrish. The dragon flies through the mountain pass leaving a path of red glowing stones with the akon in the middle of it all. It seems to be badly hurt by the fire but not dead. The dragon turns around and approaches the akon once again. The akon tries to jump onto the dragon but is in the same moment crushed by the dragon's claw as it lands. Elaine is continuing to shout "Not even the monsters of the abyss is a match for Ammar Avitus and Dracus Praevun!"

image image

Hours later when the sun was rising.
    Radhe said good bye to Reddas and Etrish who would remain in the outpost to treat Etrish from the wound from the akon. The huge dragon had left earlier for something that was happening in the far east and it has been just a happy coincidence that he had been here this evening. Reddas had spoken about that Rider and amongst other thing mentioned that it is believed that Ammar and Dracus would be able to defeat William and all the other champions of Lisakdonia.
    Because of the circumstances. Elaine have accepted to fly Radhe the last bit to Zeislanta.
    Radhe and Elaine took flight to Zeislanta which was only a little more than a day away now.

Zeislanta, The north capital of Stelladora is a city of almost 450 000 population and the location where Radhe would meet another god.

Art by: Deiv Calviz (David Villegas)
  • Do you guys want these side stories or should I skip them and focus only on the matches? So that we get an end to this tournament sooner.
  • No the stories are great
  • ( @Jonteman93 - As long as the stories are connected to the champions/world of the tournament itself and the writers enjoy writing them, I want to read more of them. So far I've enjoyed it! )
  • ( @TenebrisNemo: also, I don't think I ever got to say this during my long-ish hiatus from this site, so here it is: well played! I wish you best of luck for the finals! )
  • ( @KalamMekhas - Thanks, buddy!

By the way, @Faiths_Guide, do you want to write first? )
  • ( @Jonteman93 - How's it going at the moment? I've started writing for the final match, but I think I may not make it for the deadline. Also, shouldn't the bronze match be over already? )
  • @TenebrisNemo unless u and @Faiths_Guide have private messages u could probs start...I would think?!
  • Stelladora - Final

Radhe and Elaine arrived in the Northern Stelladoran capital of Zeislanta.
    It was a huge city behind a chain of mountains where multiple rivers flows.
    The city had a large tower structure in the center with smaller connected towers which seemed to be used by the dragon riders.
    Radhe got presented in the city as an apprentice of Levirga's nature related magic.
    Radhe during her time in Zeislanta would meet many people of different kind. She met a farmer boy named Rigeron once when she was out in the surrounding farm lands. He showed her something she had not earlier seen in this world. Eagles. Rigeron had explained that the Eagles of Lisakdonia and Stelladora are seen as holy and are forbidden to use in battle or other conflict related actions. The eagles seemed large enough to be mounted. Radhe asked for that opportunity and Rigeron mentioned that his uncle was an eagle trainer by the name of Akoden. They went and met this uncle who offered her an opportunity to fly with one. Flying on eagles did not feel as powerful and stable as flying on dragons but it was more natural for some reason Radhe felt.

She met a young woman named Berina who described herself as a summoner. She had similar powers to Radhe's but she could summon animals unlike Radhe who could manipulate plants and natura. Radhe found interest in Berina's magic and art and even tried to make summons on her own. It had not gone any well until she once had shown the gemstones she had gotten from the druid woman. Berina teached Radhe to use the gemstones as catalysts for the animals they would summon. It worked. Radhe was able to summon small animals such as rats and squirrels.

(One of the squirrels she gave the name Corwinnn. She later heard that Corwinnn had travelled to another plane to create an empire and declare war against some creatures named Bidoofs.)

Radhe was a fast learner and quickly managed to summon larger animals such as bears and wolves, even without the catalyst gemstones.
    Radhe had during one of her days with Berina met a scholar of the name Mielda. She explained that Stelladora is not one kingdom like Lisakdonia but rather a kind of union of multiple smaller kingdoms. Stelladora therefore has multiple capitals, one in the south, one in the east and one in the north. It is however the northern one that is considered the main capital since it is the largest one and the location of the god Decaotus.
    Radhe who already had been in contact with another god became interested to meet this god. Mielda explained that Decaotus does not speak with just anyone but Radhe was an apprentice of Levirga so maybe. Mielda led Radhe to the central tower and into a chamber within. There were many important people in connected rooms guarded by soldiers. Radhe and Mielda was allowed passage when Radhe showed the soldiers the gemstones had been given. One in particular seemed to allowed them in. They walked to a circular room with many strange symbols. Mielda told Radhe to stand in the middle of the room and ask for an audience with Decaotus. She did. "Decaotus, god of truth and loyalty. I, Radhe, apprentice of Levirga, the god of harvest and life seek an audience with you." Nothing happened. Radhe was just to go out to Mielda when her feet became wet. A pool of some liquid appeared beneath her and she sunk down into it.

"You tell lies to a god? Why have you come here Radhe, contestant of Friyena?"

"I had to tell that lie to come here. Why did you betray Friyena and the other gods?"

"I did never betray them. Friyena betrayed us. She could have let the abyss take its hold back in the world and thus spare it ultimately."

"Let the abyss take its hold back in the world? what are you talking about? Friyena only want to protect the world."

"Her actions only made it worse. All she had to do was to wait and let the abyssal dragon Margeficus create a wound in the world where it could sink back."

"A wound? Is not the wounds from the abyss bad?"

"The abyss once belonged to the world but it was removed by Praepotus. Now the abyss grows stronger every day. The margeficus was summoned to force the abyss back into the world. All that was needed was for Friyena to wait but she could not let the people die. She flew back into the world and saved them by killing the margeficus. She believes that she together with her champions can hold it back. It is only a matter of time before the abyss has grown too powerful. Then it will break the gate and destroy us all."

Radhe tried to talk to Decaotus but it was clear that her understanding of the world was limited. Decaotus knew everything that she did not know. Or did he? She told of the akon that had not attacked her but he neglected it as the akon had its focus on the dragons even before they had appeared. The skeleton that gave Radhe her life back he described as a false vision in the brink of death. Nothing more. Decaotus ended the conversation by telling Radhe to return to Crastine and the tournament. However if she becomes a champion of Friyena, her doom will be as certain as the rest of the world.
    Radhe went back to Rigeron and Akoden and asked for an eagle to travel "home".
    Akoden gave her the same eagle that she had rode earlier. She was given a bag of food from Rigeron for the trip. She then took flight back over the ocean and towards Crastine.

• @TenebrisNemo I collapsed yesterday when I should have written two chapters since you wanted the stories. I messed up a little there.

Don't worry about not being finished in time. As neither will I be able to. I will hopefully be finished with the bronze match before I go to bed tonight. I have the coffee percolator ready.
  • ( @Corwinnn! Your origin story!)
  • My small kind of apil joke.
  • edited April 2018
    ( @Jonteman93 - Alright. The long tournament is closing its end, but there is still work to be done. Hang in there!

I haven't heard anything about Faiths, so I guess I'll just write my part as fast as possible and post it with the 2nd signature card. )
  • RoFLMao @Jonteman93 & KalamMekhar
  • Nightmare - part 1 of 2

(Before the bronze match)

Raindrops were falling heavier outside. Radhe was sitting in her room in the villa. She had the seed she had retrieved during her match against Tiamat in her hand. She looked at it while she thought back on her conversation with Decaotus. How he had described the abyss to be beyond reason. Her thoughts also went back to the akon and that skeleton that had given her life back. Was it really just a dream or was it real? Regardless of which, something had happen to her that prevented that akon from attacking her. The flower she found during her match was not there by natural means. It was there for her. For her to use it somehow. But who had planted it there? She felt like her mind was everywhere and only on the seed all at the same time. The seed just lied there in her hand but she could feel the power from it. She thought back on Zaralim and the blood he had been drinking. The blood from an akon, it had felt different. It felt evil. The seed did not feel like that. It felt just dark with no reason to be either good nor evil. It just existed. After thinking for a while longer she put the seed in her mouth and swallowed it. After a moment she felt her room become slightly colder and the rain outside became very violent. Then the windows broke and the rain came in. A bed of a black liquid began to fill the room until Radhe was completely submerged in it and everything turned black.

She appeared in an endless dark void with nothing so far the eyes could see. She felt as if she was submerged in something, like a very thin liquid or heavy air. It did not hinder her movement but it was there. She was able to stand up and walk around on a ground of something or nothing. The whole place felt unnatural and natural, both at the same time. She looked around once more in the void and she managed to see something in the far distance. She walked towards it and after some time she noticed that it was a skeleton looking being that was curled up. It was shaking as if it was afraid, or angry. Radhe saw similarities with these being and that one she had met before Stelladora. She walked to him and put her hand on his shoulder. The skeleton looked up at her and she disappeared.

The smell of burning flesh and smoke filled Radhe's lungs before she could even open her eyes. She open them and looked around. She was back in Crastine. She was in the western plaza where she had seen Zaralim get punished. This time however the streets were covered with dead bodies, some burned black like coal, others where cut in half. The surrounding houses where either collapsed or was on fire. Some people where walking among the corpses searching. One in particular took Radhe's focus. A young boy that was running from body to body turning them up so he could see their faces. The boy was probably searching for his father, or mother, or both. A couple of young men entered the city trying to help. One of them looked very similar to Sir Wardnan, only 20 years younger or so. The boy continued to search the bodies for more than half an hour before he continued down streets with tears covering his eyes. More and more people had went out on the streets now looking for their loved ones.
    The boy ran from soldier to soldier asking something before he disappeared down the streets. Radhe followed him. She found him later standing before a captain at a fountain. A young man in a robe was holding up a box. The boy was shaking his head in denial. The captain to comfort the boy but he ran away. The boy ran and sat down in a corner for some hours before he started to walk to a tall winged woman. He stopped before Friyena and he bend his knee before her as she spoke.

Radhe disappeared again. Before she opened her eyes this time she heard a song. Thousands of people was singing something. She opened her eyes and saw an army in formation of probably ten thousand soldiers. They had covered their faces in dirt while they all sang together. Radhe noticed the boy from earlier sitting on a horse in the cavalry line. He was much older but still recognizable. He had a different armor compared to those beside him. An armor that reminded Radhe an armor she had seen in Sir Wardnan's home. She also recognized another one in the front of the first line. It was a woman in knight armor with horns that looked exactly like one from the paintings in the champion room in Crastine. There where also another one there resembling one from the paintings. A man with a purple scarf and circular hovering blades. The 2nd and the 5th champion. Radhe heard a sound of marching soldiers from downhill. She looked at the direction and saw another army of probably twenty thousand Stelladoran soldiers followed by a few dragons. When the Lisakdonian army had finished their song they formed up and shot against the Stelladoran and the dragons with both bow and ballista before they charged. Radhe witnessed the battle which turned into a bloodbath with the Lisakdonian losing as more dragons arrived and after them came Ammar and Dracus.
    Radhe focused on the boy who was being beaten by a Stelladoran warrior but just as the warrior swung his ax to end the boy. The boy disappeared through fin air.

Radhe disappeared and appeared in the dark void again. The surroundings felt more like water this time. She looked around and found the skeleton also shacking this time but in a stand up position and more violent manner. When she came closer she noticed that he was not shacking but rather drowning kind of. Also the bones began to crack revealing a purple glowing light beneath. He was in extreme pain as more and more bones cracked. Radhe tried to think of something she could do but there where nothing. She had no tools nor did she understand any of this magic. She just watched the skeleton being tortured in the water. After a while the water surface above broke and a winged being came flying down towards the skeleton. It was not Friyena but some angel. The angel took the skeleton being in her arms before she returned up towards the surface. Radhe looked up where the angel had disappeared then the surface turned black again. Radhe just stood there waiting for something as the small light from the surface died out. Then she heard a bell ringing. It became louder and louder and then another smaller bell also began to ring. Radhe felt how she disappeared once again.

• Nightmare - part 2 of 2

The bells where still ringing but now they were many more. There were also some horns of different types and sound. Captains and generals where shouting in the distance. A dragon roared as it approached. Radhe opened her eyes and saw that she was back in Crastine on the central plateau. It seemed to be in the middle of the night since it was rather cold and dark. A Stelladoran dragon just flew over and past Radhe and more dragon riders approached from the sea towards the city. There where multiple shouts in the distance coming from the west. She looked towards the western wall. Multiple houses and towers were on fire. Radhe tried to summon an eagle but nothing happened so she had to run there instead. She ran past many people as she headed to the western gate. She saw both Lisakdonian and Stellodaran soldiers and captains running together at the same direction. When she ran she heard a cracking sound from the distance. One of the tall towers on the wall had begun to collapse in towards the city. The closer she came to the wall the more soldiers she saw all moving in formation. Dragons where spitting fire just outside the walls before her. When she came to the wall she noticed walls of soldiers fighting something. She looked closer and saw what they were fighting against. Undead, glowing with a dark essence similar to the abyss infected animals in Trogon forest. Radhe turned towards the sky and there is was indeed. The sun. Covered in mantle of dark preventing almost all light to reach the world.

Radhe ran up the wall and looked over. A horde of tens of thousands of undead was at the city's gates. Many of them was burning for the dragons' fire but there were as well many dead dragons among the masses. She could also see a large number of akons that had climbed up on the walls and were fighting and killing. Many akons had been slained by what appeared to be champions that Radhe did not recognize. There seemed to be way more than even twenty only within her sight. Some of them where fighting down within the masses of the undead. Then suddenly one of the dead Stelladoran dragons began to rise up again, this time with a dark aura around it. It flew up and began to attack the other dragons. The abyssal dragon was however quickly cut down by a flying being. Terrodus had struck down the dragon. Radhe looked around and she could see the four other gods as well, Keldara, Levirga, Decaotus and... She looked at the fifth god that was hovering in the air behind the horde of undead. That is not Friyena. Terrodus attacked the god with a powerful strike but that god was stronger. He forced Terrodus back with his own attacks. The other gods came to assist Terrodus. Was that Praepotus.

Radhe noticed someone in the middle of the horde. With powerful strikes and swings with his sword Radhe recognized William easily as he annihilated the undead around him. Some cloaked undead approached him. William attacked the undead with a series of powerful swings but the undead was able to repel them. They fought for a while but even powerful William seemed unable to easily defeat this foe. They fought for a while until William got overpowered and pierced straight through with a scythe looking blade. William fell dead and it was as he fell Radhe finally realized who the undead was. She screamed a little within her as she saw that it indeed was Zaralim.

Radhe heard an impact from the side. Terrodus had been struck down by the god. Terrodus lied dead amongst the undead. Radhe almost began to give up hope and then a shining spear hit the god from above. Friyena came flying straight towards the gods with full speed and hit the god with a powerful strike that forced it downwards. More champions had appeared and Radhe even recognized some of them such as that small girl Jessica, Blazagni and...

A feeling overwhelmed Radhe. A feeling she had felt earlier but this time it felt very cold and bad. She looked out over the undead horde. There in the distance she saw him. The skeleton from before her arrival at Stelladora and from the void. He stood there in the distance covered in a robe, just watching. There where no mistakes now. That is Septhis.

Radhe woke up in her room. The rain had stopped and the sun was shining. "No that can't be how it ends. There must be some other way that I can change this. There must be."
  • edited April 2018
    (Old design of Zaralim and also his "true self". Wanted to keep the mechanics of the card without removing more spaces than necessary, thus the weird wording.)
  • I made this story segment quite "blocky" to avoid making it too long.
    Since it is already quite long.
  • edited April 2018
    Bronze Final

The wolves where growling at R5-T4 as they tried to avoid the spreading fire. Hundreds of crows lied down in the burned ground around R5-T4 from it's last chain of lightning. Radhe was mounted upon an eagle flying far above the construct on a safe distance from its attacks. Two large wurms came crawling beneath the ground under R5-T4. The construct easily avoided the first wurm's attempt to attack from beneath. R5-T4 changed form on its right arm to a blade and sliced straight through the wurm. The other wurm was more successful and managed to swallow Him as it appeared up from the ground. Radhe waited while she watched the hole that the wurm had returned down through. It did not take many moments until the ground farther away lost support and collapsed into a hole. Fire was forcefully escaping through the ground. Then R5-T4 crawled up through the flames. Unharmed.

A group of large beasts ran up to R5-T4 and struck it down but to no effect. The construct crushed the beasts with ease. Radhe watched with discomfort as the animals were slaughtered even though she knew they where not truly real. Radhe sent another wave with wolves and beast while she tried to hold R5-T4 down with vines from the ground. R5-T4 incinerated the vines and the approaching animals except those that managed to avoid the flames. Radhe sent more beasts at a pace from each other while she picked up her bag. She took out one particular gemstone from it and began channeling through it while the eagle tried to keep its distance from R5-T4. R5-T4 did not pay much more attention to the animals than necessarily since he was charging his power for what certainly would come. He could strike Radhe down from the eagle now but if the attacked failed she would be at an advantage. Crows where still harassing him so the chances of hitting Radhe on the eagle was not certain enough.

After Radhe had managed to both channel mana and keep R5-T4 at a safe distance the expected sound echoed through the landscape. When the construct heard the dragon's roar it turned towards the approaching dragon. It was the same dragon that Tiamat had fought against last time. The animals that where surrounding R5-T4 fled away when the dragon lowered its altitude. The fire that R5-T4 had caused was drowned in the sea of the fire from the dragons breath as it swept over the field. R5-T4 crouched down in a defensive position awaiting the approaching fire wave. It hit R5-T4 witch such force that it almost fell back. The fire did not manage to harm R5-T4 though as it was so short whiled. The dragon turned around and flew towards R5-T4 once again but this time it flew ever lower with its claws almost scratching the ground. R5-T4 changed form on its arm and awaited the dragon. When the dragon came close R5-T4 attacked it straight on. He did manage to make a wound on the dragons nose but was itself worse damaged by the impact. R5-T4 flew a long distance away while the dragon continued through the air.

The summon was no weaker than what a real dragon would have been. R5-T4 stood up and began to run after the dragon. It was far slower than the dragon who approached the mountains but it was enough. The dragon was too large to be able to make a quick turn, get down towards R5-T4 and then turn again to get a hit. Radhe flew after them at a far distance. When the dragon realized that it would not be able to fly away from R5-T4 effectively it turned around. R5-T4 however was still approaching the mountains. He stopped just at the foot at the side of the nearest mountain. The dragon had once turned again and was now approaching R5-T4. The waited for the dragon while it charged a spinning and glowing object under its metal skin. The dragon was quickly flying towards R5-T4 and when it was close enough. R5-T4 sent out a huge chain of lighting towards the dragon. The dragon was hit but only slightly hurt. The dragon lost stability in the air and did not managed to keep altitude. It flew straight downwards towards R5-T4 who ran away. The dragon crashed straight into the mountain wall. Radhe saw how the dragon's wings destroyed by the lightning. The upper part of the mountain broke and huge boulders began to fall down towards the dragon. The dragon tried to step up but the boulder hit it down one after the other breaking the bones of the dragon before it died. Radhe was shocked as she looked at the dragon. She saw a glimpse of light farther down and saw R5-T4 channeling another lightning bolt. Radhe did not manage to avoid it so they got hit.

Radhe was falling with the eagle who tried slow the fall as much as possible but they were falling nonetheless. The fell into the forest and landed on the flower bed. Radhe landed on the eagle so she was not too much hurt. The eagle was in worse condition. She grabbed for her bag for another summoning but then she noticed. She had dropped the bag when they got hit by the bolt of lightning. She looked around at the flower bed for that purple flower but there were none. There were only the usual flowers and some grey peacekeepers. All of them except one had been crushed by her landing though. She took up the last grey peacekeeper and held it in her hands. Then from the forest R5-T4 approached. It held Radhe's bag in its hands. It held up the bag as it stepped through the forest line.

"I'm VeRY SoRrY Radhe."

R5-T4 then crushed the bag and the gemstones which he held in his hands. The eagle stood up and flew towards R5-T4 trying to keep it away from her. The eagle got cut by a series of attacks from R5-T4. Radhe watched the eagle fighting to its death for her. Then her stomach got cold. As if she had swallowed a chunk of ice. The flower in Radhe's hands begun to wither and die. She watched the eagle's dead body fall to the ground before R5-T4. The flowers around Radhe also began to wither and die and then the trees as well. R5-T4 walked towards her but stopped. The air became cold. Something huge was breaking trees as it approached Radhe behind her.

"I'm also very sorry R5-T4"

By those words the akon dashed towards R5-T4.
  • Bronze Final - part 2

Radhe was sitting down on the flower bed. In one hand she held the dead flower that no longer spread its calming scent. Her other hand she had resting upon her metal leg. The surrounding grey and dead forest was now partly burning. She did give it very little thought however. She thought of Sir Wardnan that had saved her from a monstrous akon that had killed Howard and another soldier. That akon had felt evil and only sought to destroy. Was this akon that she had summoned even any different? The air was as cold, the forest was grey and dead. The only difference was herself.

R5-T4 cut down a couple of trees on the way as it ran to hinder the akon but it easily broke through any barrier R5-T4 could manage to create. The inferno that R5-T4 and created, the akon had just moved through apparently unharmed. The trees and the plants that they were running through died as the moved. R5-T4 was charging for another strike at the beast. The only thing he needed was an opportunity but the akon was fast, really fast so that was difficult. R5-T4 came to a river which he jumped over and stopped on the other side. When the akon jumped over R5-T4 cut off and threw a tree at it in attempt to bring it down into the water but the akon just slammed it aside. R5-T4 then instead charged its armed and struck the approaching akon. R5-T4 managed to get the akon out of balance and fall on the side of the river. R5-T4 struck the slope causing a small landslide into the river then the construct channeled a powerful chain of lightning at the water and the akon. The akon was hurt by the impacts as it seemed the water managed to bring the lightning closer onto the akon. However it was far from dead and regained its balance and jumped up from the river.

R5-T4 tried other methods as well to bring the akon down. It tried burying it beneath a landslide but it was useless. R5-T4 tried to incinerate the akon and bolt it but it had only small effect. R5-T4 tried to break down the surrounding trees onto the akon but it was also of no use. There seemed to be only one solution left.
    R5-T4 came out of the forest and into a quarry looking area. The akon was just behind. R5-T4 focused all energy to its arms and legs and when the akon came into the area R5-T4 attacked the akon with full force. The attack caused the akon to fly straight into a stone wall but it quickly regained balanced and counter attacked R5-T4. R5-T4 changed form of its right arm to a blade and sliced the akon. It sliced a deep wound it its arm but the akon hit him forcing him into a stone wall. R5-T4 created a shock wave that Skaforlin had installed into him. The akon loss its balance and R5-T4 attacked it straight on. It created a deep wound in its stomach and the black blood was splattered around the stones.

The akon got angry and roared while it became more ferocious. Its attacks got swifter and more difficult to avoid but the akon did become easier to hit with its more relentless behavior. rocks and boulders where crushed and destroyed as the two traded strikes. R5-T4 managed to get some good hits and had not yet gotten completely hit by the akon. only slightly. R5-T4 did after one strike got a little out of balance and the akon managed to grab R5-T4's left arm. It crushed R5-T4 into the ground and struck int before it ripped the arm from R5-T4 and threw it away. R5-T4 was now badly hurt but the akon was heavily bleeding. It did not seemed to be bothered with it but it had become slower. R5-T4 made another shock wave that forced the akon back. R5-T4 took its remaining arm and struck at the akon's legs to slower it down even more. R5-T4 did almost get caught but he managed to make a large wound in the akons right leg, slowing it down significantly, hopefully. The roared again with a freezing sound that would scare any living being. R5-T4 was not a living being however. The akon raised itself up and faced at R5-T4 who now was moving around the quarry at high speed. The akon was approaching. R5-T4 could easily avoid the attack but.

Something had grabbed onto R5-T4's leg. A vine was sticking out of the ground. R5-T4 did not manage to escape the akon and was struck straight into the stone wall. Boulders fell onto the two but the akon continued to hit the construct which it held in its arm even as the boulders fell onto the beast. The strikes where too powerful for R5-T4 to handle. Its metal armor was breaking under the impacts. It arms and legs where crushed beyond usable condition.Someone said something from outside of R5-T4's view. Then and only then did the akon back off. The akon began to melt? It melted into some black liquid that fell onto the rocky ground and then down into cracks in the stone surface. It was Radhe that approached. She sat down in front of the broken but still conscious construct.

"I forgive you for destroying my gemstones. Please forgive me for summoning that abyssal monster to fight against you."

R5-T4 looked at Radhe and then on the dead flower she held in her hand. She was maybe even more hurt by that beasts appearing than R5-T4 was.

"I ForGiVE YoU.
  • Winner
    @KalamMekhar

This was a strange match to judge since both contestants has such different strengths and weaknesses. I wished that someone would have posted something more so this evaluation would have been easier.

Card Design: Regarding the design of the champion card I like Radhe more since she feels very fun to build. R5-T4 is more strange to build but also very interesting. However I feel that there is a risk with R5-T4's design on a similar level to other colorless powerhouses such as the blightsteel colossus and the eldrazi. However unlike those R5-T4 does not get going until later in the game. The same is also true with Radhe. One requires time and the other requires mana and synergy investments.

The signature cards are however purely in R5-T4's favor where both there are two and they have an easy to understand connection to their champion flavor wise. These does not require much character influence explained since they are just simple. But they are interesting and shows quite much what R5-T4 is both capable of and what kind of character he is.

Character Influence: This is a mixed bag. R5-T4 had a stronger character in the early tournament until the quarter final and a while thereafter. Radhe did get much more of a character after the first matches. Radhe has been given much time from my writing but these are of course not included except for the idea of the first akon attack.
    So R5-T4 was better in the beginning with Radhe taking over later.
    So in a way Radhe did thus also have a better character development however since R5-T4 was more unique it was more interesting to read its story segments. I'm not saying that Rade was not interesting. R5-T4 was just very interesting with its conflict with the izzet guild. Also I had very fun writing Skaforlin's angry dialogue with them. "Too stupid to sh*t their pants." hehehe... yeah.

So kind of best of.
    Champion card: Radhe
    Signature cards: R5-T4
    Early character: R5-T4
    Later character: Radhe

@Gelectrode @KalamMekhar
    Thus the tournament for your champions is over but you might still write any extra story segments if you want and post any extra cards that you might have. I will post your prices after the final and the champion has been declared.
  • About the final match and the champions.
    @Faiths_Guide @TenebrisNemo

I will give you a few hours more to write since Tenebris had something. I will give you a max of ~3 hours or so.
  • ( @Jonteman93 - Oh yes, I have... Lots of work has gone into it, but I'm about to finish it. I just hope you and especially @Faiths_Guide like it. It would make more sense if I post my text before him. It has the beginning of the match etc.

@KalamMekhar & @Gelectrode - You guys did great in the tournament. Good work and congratulations to Radhe! )
  • Congrats Radhe
  • edited April 2018
    @Faiths_Guide Would you like to add a segment to the match after Tenebris?
    In that case I could postpone match to tomorrow instead to give you the necessary time.
  • Well, I no longer have premium on my account, so I have no room to make cards. I don't really want to make them on my second account, so you can do whatever/whenever.

Sorry, I've been busy over the last week.
  • edited April 2018
    Final Match

"Ofan zu'u hin vahzah mulaag."

Tiamat summoned her greatsword and took a firm grip from its handle with her both hands. Then she looked at Mishra and his assembly-workers, who prepared to attack. Tiamat was alone against at least thirteen opponents, and one of them was the last opposing contestant himself. Mishra, the metal savant.

Mishra had been silent all this time. He had listened, observed, and worked behind the scenes. Does he know everything about my powers already? Has he come up with a perfect plan?

These thoughts were in Tiamat's mind as she and Mishra silently stared each other eye to eye for a few seconds. No words were said by the two remaining contestants. The dragon girl took stance. Misha gestured to his assembly-workers. They attacked Tiamat while he was still standing back.

Tiamat jumped backwards as four assembly-workers tried to grab onto her. When they piled up, she used her momentum and swung her greatsword vertically onto three of them. Two of them got destroyed by the mighty sword, but the one with a different shade withstood the strike without a scratch.

Unbreakable metal?

Five assembly-workers charged at Tiamat with great speed. She blocked their punches with her greatsword, then she quickly took one of them from its leg and swung it at the others, making them back off. She penetrated that assembly-worker with her sword afterward. Tiamat looked at Mishra, who was assembling more assembly-workers to fight against her.

This is as useless as fighting against Radhe's summons.

The assembly-worker, which was hanging in Tiamat's sword, started to shake and vibrate. She swung her sword and threw the broken contruct to Mishra's direction. It exploded mid-air and its metal shrapnel penetrated some other assembly-workers except the ones with the darker metal shade. Mishra's armor was also unaffected from the blast. As four normal assembly-workers and two darker ones surrounded Tiamat, she raised her left hand into the air.

"Ofan zu'u-"

When she said those words, the assembly-workers jumped at her with their fists ready. Tiamat noticed it and punched the ground with her left hand.

"- gol qah!"

The ground cracked from Tiamat's punch and send a shock wave around her. It threw the assembly-workers few meters away from her. Tiamat was surrounded by a faint, golden aura as she ran past the lying constructs and charged at Mishra while her sword was pointing at him. His three darker assembly-workers and two normal ones charged at the dragon girl. Mishra was still immobile as he watched how Tiamat swung her sword at his assembly-workers.

The clash of metal echoed in the open field as Tiamat's greatsword crashed at the five constructs. At the same moment, four of them managed to punch Tiamat in her stomach, left side, left shoulder, and forehead. The assembly-workers flew quite far away from the dragon girl's strike. Her aura had gone and she was bleeding from beneath the crown. When she regained her balance and looked forward, Mishra was right before her. He tried to punch her with his metal armor's fist, but Tiamat managed to parry the blow with her sword. Then she kicked Mishra farther away from her, for she heard the other assembly-workers charging from behind her. Tiamat ran towards Mishra, whose balance faltered, then she raised her left hand towards the sky again.

"Ofan zu'u viing wah bo!"

Tiamat jumped onto Mishra's helmet, then she jumped from it with a kick and took flight with her golden dragon wings, which materialized from her back. As she ascended, she looked at Mishra and his small army of assembly-workers. The blood from her wound trickled down her left eye and cheek.

They're fast, powerful, and tough. Even with my defenses, they manage to inflict injuries. I need to defeat their master, Mishra, as fast as possible. His armor must have a weakness.

Mishra and his assembly-workers prepared themselves as Tiamat raised her greatsword onto her right shoulder. Then she took off her white cloak with her left hand and threw it at the metal opponents. At first it fluttered in the air above them, then it transformed into white mist. It quickly spread across the field. Mishra and his assembly-workers were completely surrounded by it. He couldn't see into the sky anymore. Tiamat had flown around them and then she swooped down. As she saw Mishra's shadow in the mist, she thrust her greatsword at his back.

Sparks of metal emitted from Mishra's armor and from Tiamat's sword as they contacted. She forced Mishra to fall down to the ground, but alas, his armor was still almost completely unbroken. Six nearest assembly-workers heard the clash and charged at Tiamat from the mist.

She struck two normal ones into the ground with her sword and two darker ones. The normal assembly-workers began to vibrate as they lied on the ground while the darker ones just kept coming back after each attack. Tiamat couldn't fend off them all for long. The dark constructs held her arms while two others punched her in her chest and stomach. Then the two lying constructs exploded. Metal shrapnel tore up Tiamat's blue clothes and wounded the left side of her face, even though she tried to quickly turn around from the explosion. She finally struggled free from the two assembly-workers and flew away from the mist with her sword.
  • As the energy from the wings began to run out, Tiamat descended into the shadows of the nearest forest outskirts and dismissed them. Then she looked at the field again. The mist began to fade away and Mishra was looking around the field. Seems like Tiamat's opponents didn't see where she went to. Her mithril armor had scratches but it still kept its shape. Small wounds were on her left side of the face, which was almost completely covered in blood. Tiamat fell onto her knees while leaning onto her sword with her hands, which she thrust into the ground. She closed her eyes. She was bleeding, sweating, and breathing heavily. Her heart was beating rapidly and everywhere hurt.

I can't keep up much longer... What the queen of dragons would do in this situation?

A vision appeared within Tiamat's mind as she kept her eyes closed. She could see an army marching through great hills. The golden sun shined upon the windy land through the white, cloudy sky. Tiamat was standing on top of a hill as the armies of men marched next to her. They had the standard equipment of her home world's soldiers while Tiamat had a white robe decorated with white feathers.

Large being cast a shadow onto the army of humans. It flew high above the sky and it began to descend when it saw Tiamat. She could see that the being was a pure-white dragon with white feathers and orange eyes. In this vision, the humans didn't prepare to attack as the great dragon flew past them to Tiamat's side. The dragon girl stroked the white dragon's scales on its shoulder when it sat down. It watched over the marching army with her.

Tiamat didn't have any idea what this vision meant. No human in her world had ever tolerated the dragons, but there they marched past her and the calm dragon. Some of them even saluted to the two dragon beings. Tiamat's soul burned the pain away from her body as her vision faded. She finally understood. She stood up, pulled her greatsword from the ground with her left hand, and silently walked out from the forest's shadows. Whenever she blinked her eyes, she saw a vision of someone close to her. Caron, Sophie, Radhe, Niven, Haide, Vateria, and finally, Nathan.

I have no other choice.

Mishra and his assembly-workers saw as Tiamat calmly walked to the field. She said the five words again and the golden dragon wings materialized behind her. The metal savant prepared to charge with his nine constructs so he could finally finish this match. Then Tiamat pointed at her opponents with her right hand, who were a stone throw's away from her.

"Thaarn hin dovah jud."

These four words echoed in the great field. At first Mishra ignored it, but then he saw how three darker assembly-workers suddenly started violently to beat the normal ones with their attacks. When he looked at the other direction, the two other dark assembly-workers jumped at him and held his arms. As Mishra was about to get free from their grips, the three remaining assembly-workers were done with the destruction of the normal constructs and helped the other two. They forced Mishra to fall onto his knees. Red aura surrounded the five dark constructs. Mishra watched as Tiamat ascended and pointed at him with her greatsword.

-------------2nd signature card--------------

"I know your very own creations won't obey my order for long."

Tiamat swooped down from high above and prepared to attack, "That's why I'll do this!"

She swung at Mishra with her sword and made him fly a great distance, far away from the five remaining assembly-workers. They let go from their master in that exact moment. Mishra hit the ground hard. Even though the constant strikes started to hurt, his armor was still unbroken. He stood up and saw as he was standing on a beach between the ocean and the field. Then he looked up and saw Tiamat swooping down at him from the sky again.

"Mishraa!!"

Tiamat shouted and threw her greatsword at the metal savant. He easily stepped back from the attack, but as the sword crashed in the beach, it created a cloud of dust all around Mishra. It was difficult for him to see again. Then suddenly, Tiamat grabbed his throat with her right hand and flew above the ocean while still holding onto him. Then she punched Mishra downward with her left arm's fist so he would sink into the ocean. Even though Tiamat let go from his throat at the same second, Mishra quickly grabbed Tiamat's left hand with his both arms. They both fell down and sank beneath the water surface. Last powers from Tiamat's wings ran out and they faded. The two contestants sank deeper into the shadows of the dark sea together.
  • ( @TenebrisNemo - Well written! )
This discussion has been closed.