Tournament of Champions! (The game has begun)

Comments

• Final Match - part 2

Tiamat tried to get out of Mishra's grip as they sunk further into the darkness by punching at his head but his armor was even in the water unbreakable. Mishra hit Tiamat back at the wound she had on her head. Both the water and Mishra's constants punching at her became too much for Tiamat and when Mishra let her go she sunk further down into the depth. Mishra who was at still completely aware of the condition managed to swim back to shore by an installed wing device that was actually meant for gliding for the air if Tiamat would have tried to drop him from a high altitude. He came back to shore after some minutes where the assembly workers helped him up. After he was at a distance from the water he looked around. There where no one there except him and his 5 assembly workers. No one was there to congratulate his victory. Tiamat must still be alive then. Mishra felt with his hand on his armor. It had not been damaged by the match but it had begun to vibrate after Tiamat's attack that had made him flying. . Even the parts made by Johanna had been vibrating but just slightly less. It did cease to vibrate after only a few seconds but it was indication enough that the armor was not unbreakable to everything. "Johanna the unbreakable? haha it seems she had not been face to face with a really powerful opponent then." Mishra took a look at his assembly workers. They had by some magic by Tiamat attacked him, their own creator. If Tiamat really was still alive it would be too dangerous and foolish to leave the assembly workers there for her to take control over again. And by the way. He needs to enforce his own armor.

----------------------------------------------------------

"A small little human girl enters my domain. Why have you come here girl? Why do you disturb by rest?"

Tiamat was floating in complete darkness. Something very huge was moving before her but the darkness made it difficult to see anything else but something that resembled scales.

"I am Tiamat, Queen of dragons and I did not enter by will. I was defeated and fell down here."

"Queen of dragons you say? Then tell me. How comes it that the queen of mighty dragons is defeated by water?"

"I was not defeated by water. I was defeated by a man by the name of Mishra. A man with armor of unbreakable metal"

"Everything is unbreakable if you are not strong enough."

"I am not strong enough then to win."

"A queen does not give up before her followers give up. Have your followers given up, queen of dragons?"

"I. I have no such followers. I have my friends that..."

"Are you Tiamat, queen of friends? You did not answer my question then. Have your followers given up, queen of friends?"

"No. No they have not."

"Then why have you given up? Do your followers not fight for their queen?"

"No I fight alone."

"Then find those that would fight for you."

"How would I do that? I am only..."

"Tiamat, born by dragons and powerful enough to destroy even dragons that would stand in your way. Blood of an old dragon flows through your veins and you do not back away from even mightier dragons that would make the bones in any ordinary man shake to dust. Why would you back off from a man in armor. Claim your heritage over dragons like I once did.

"Then you are?"

A fire began to burn around Tiamat revealing the one she spoke to. It was a huge black dragon taller than even the tower in Legorna.

"I was once called the king of kings among dragons in Lisakdonia, Stelladora and the lands beyond. Below my wings hundreds of my followers flew with me wherever I went. No one except the gods themselves ever dared to question my authority and might. That might did in the end become the end me. The gods trapped be before the very gate of the abyss and made be a puppet to its dark magic. I was made to hunt and kill even though I did not hunger. I burned and destroyed those that would not have harmed me. I was made into a monster against my very own will until Friyena betrayed the other gods and killed be. She freed me. I am Margeficus. Once a mighty and respected king but made into a mindless monster. Those that I killed remember me for the monster I became but those that followed me remember me as the king I was.

Tiamat, queen of dragons. If you really seek to be a queen. Then claim your heritage. Show those that shall follow you why they shall follow you and they will. Become the queen you are supposed to be."

"Where would I find anyone to follow me now? I don't even know how to return."

"If you are supposed to be a real queen then you'll know by heart. If your heart is strong enough they will follow you. If you can't find them, then order them to come for you. Don't show them that you should be their queen. Show them that you are are their queen. Tiamat, Queen of dragons.

Before Tiamat had time to respond the fire surroundings her grew and swallowed her in similar manner to how the transporting liquid had felt.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mishra had repaired those of his assembly workers that was not completely destroyed.
    The five assembly workers of the dark shade he had dissembled and built into his own armor so that he would be in complete control. His armor now resembled more a construct hulk than an armor and hi was less mobile. However the mobility will not put him in any larger disadvantage than the assembly workers turning against him would. also in this way his armor would be far beyond anything Tiamat would possibly be able to break through.
    The repaired assembly workers would do little effect if they turned against him but could be useful to keep his opponent busy if she had survived somehow. It had passed many hours without anyone of the champions nor anyone from the outside world stepping inside so the match could not be over.

After another hour a swarm of birds flew above Mishra followed by a large pack of drakes as if they had been scared by something. It did not take long for the assumption be confirmed. From the direction of the mountains, six dragons approached towards Mishra. Four of them was regular sized dragons and the other two was somewhat larger. On the largest of the dragons Timat stood with her sword pointing towards Mishra.

• (@Faiths_Guide and @TenebrisNemo:I agree, very well done, both of you.)
  • The suspense is killing me
  • Can we have a poll to get a community input?
  • Final Match - Final Part

The six dragons where circulation above Mishra. One at a time they broke the formation and flew down to deliver a stream of fire that spread between the rock structures that resembled large blocks. The assembly workers where quickly destroyed since they had no possibility either to hide nor to withstand the fire. The fire did little to nothing to Mishra but the larger dragons had not attacked yet, only the smaller ones. Beating Tiamat would have been easy but six flying dragons in addition to her was a completely other scenario. Well at least the added defensive propertied from the thicker armor should protect him regardless but he did not know how the dragons' fire would affect the armor in the long run. One dragon flew down once again and spread fire upon Mishra. He blocked the fire and easily withstood the impact but as he did that another dragon landed behind him. Before Mishra could turn around completely the dragon had slammed him into the stone ground with its claw. Mishra was able to grab the claw from his lied down position and held onto it so that the bone within almost broke. The dragon tried to withdrew its claw but it was not strong enough to lift up Mishra and his armor by the arm alone. Another dragon flew down and struck Mishra with such force that he flew straight into a stone structure and the wall cracked. The dragon with the hurt claw tried to fly up again but Mishra was quickly up on his feet. She shot a thunder looking beam of sorts on the dragon who snatched together its wings in pain. Once again another dragon tried to fly down and strike Mishra but he was prepared this time. He shot another similar beam at the approaching dragon's claw which left a nasty burning looking wound. The dragon flew up again. Mishra then took the opportunity and moved up the other dragons arm to its chest. The dragon who was in pain tried to bite Mishra but was hit back. Mishra then grabbed the dragon's neck and ripped it. The dragon tried to get up in panic but then died.

Tiamat became furious. "Ofan zu'u viing wah bo!" She took flight of her dragon and flew straight onto Mishra with her sword in both hands. Mishra turned to block her approaching attack but before he could raise his hands another dragon approaching behind him drowning him in another stream of fire. Tiamat got the opportunity and struck Mishra's shoulder with her sword witch almost threw backwards. Mishra then took his fist and struck Tiamat who blocked the attack backwards. The dragons had some difficulties getting to Mishra because of the stone structures. Tiamat notices their difficulties. "Ofan zu'u-gol qah!" She shouted as she punched the ground. A shockwave through the ground made the structures around them collapse into only rubble of stones. Mishra with his feet below stones was not open for the dragons. Two dragons on both sides went down and covered Mishra in fire. Mishra shot another beam at one of them almost making the dragon losing its stability. The armor did defend him rather well but it really did not make it easy to take down the dragons. He could however not risk taking it off when Tiamat was there in combination with the dragons' fire. The combination had not been estimated and thereby not been prepared for. Mishra moved towards Mishra in what speed his armor allowed him. Another dragon covered Mishra in fire but this time he did not care as he moved towards Tiamat.

Tiamat raised her sword behind her shoulder. With a cycling movement she first kicked a stone and another at Mishra's head before she jumped still in circular motion. She hit Mishra at the side with all the momentum she had. Mishra stumbled a little before he took his hands onto Tiamat's sword. Before he could do anything do the second largest dragon had descended and landed upon Mishra forcing him down, even breaking the stone foundation beneath the free broken stones. From lied down position Mishra shoot another beam at Tiamat who did not block it properly and fell backwards. Mishra took the chance and by grabbing the dragon's foot he electrified it enough for it to release him. Mishra moved forward towards Tiamat and grabbed her foot. She swung her around and threw her into a pillar structure beyond the rumble. The impact broke the pillar. Mishra quickly took up Tiamat's sword that she dropped and threw it straight at the large dragon's chest. The sword penetrated straight into the dragon's heart. Tiamat tried to de-materialize the sword but it was too late. The dragon died within seconds.

Tiamat stood up and materialized her sword again. She was bleeding from her head and her leg hurt but she would not let that stop her. While she stood up two of the smaller dragons attacked together again. Mishra knew of their so called strategy so he picked up a few stones and threw it towards one of the two dragons' eyes while he shot another beam at the other who twinged and fell into the other dead dragon. Before it could stand up again Mishra had moved forward to it and put his hand on its head sending large pulses of electric waves through its brain killing it. The other dragon that was the brother landed behind Mishra and tried to both attack it by biting and striking it with the claws. Before Tiamat had reached them Mishra punched this dragon on the head twice breaking the skull. Tiamat swung at Mishra but the attack was meaningless. Mishra grabbed Tiamat's hurt leg and squeezed it so he broke it. Tiamat screamed but tried to hit him again with her sword.

She was however interrupted when the largest of the dragons flew and knocked over Mishra so he lost his grip of Tiamat. The dragon grabbed Tiamat but Mishra reached up shooting a beam at the dragon's wings forcing it and Tiamat down. The large dragon landed and walked before Tiamat to protect her since she could not walk with her broken leg. The other smaller dragon landed just behind mishra. The two dragons together breathed fire at Mishra. Before he continued towards Tiamat and the large dragon Mishra turned around and shocked the smaller dragon, killing it. Mishra was still covered in an inferno from the large dragon that almost held him back. Mishra walked forward slowly through the constant flames from the desperate dragon. Mishra even began to feel the heat inside the armor. When the dragon finally stopped the inferno Mishra was just ten meters away from it. Mishra's armor was glowingly red from the fire but the dragon was more than exhausted. When Mishra walked forward he heard a splashing and then roasting sound from the above his head. Mishra took his arm on his head and looked at it. Burnt blood was visible on his arm. Mishra tried to raise his arms above his head. Tiamat headed down towards him in such speed that he was not fast enough. When she struck down onto him the sounds echoed through the broken and still whole structures. Sound of metal clashing, stones cracking and metal breaking.
  • The 16th champion

The sun is shining the day after the final match. The champion will be crowned toady.
    People was singing and dancing around the city. Maybe for the new champion or maybe for the news from the border.
    Nathan, Clementia, Veronica, Hans and Leandra just arrived at Crastine's harbor to see the new champion be crowned. Bristana had met them and walked with them to the central plateau where the champion would be presented before the choice would be made.
    Sophie played a prank with Nathan, almost giving Clementia a heart attack since she was not used to this stuff. Nathan and Sophie's mother met them just thereafter in the stairs.
    Radhe was flying around on her eagle above the city. The guards had been told to leave her alone this time.
    Sir Robin Wardnan had also joined the crowd at the plateau. When he met Clementia he offered to take his brother's position in Legorna. Veronica loved the idea. She said that Robin could really need the smell of flowers.
    At the palace stood the organ leaders. Queen Yiadelle, Commander Viktor and his two oldest children, Alexander and Alexandra, patriarch Kustavos and beneath them stood the politicians, generals and high priests.
    The only people not present as the new champion walked up towards the palace was Friyena and the other champions.
    The champion was presented to the people with applauds, drums and song. The champion then walked towards Friyena's chamber.

Friyena stood in the middle of the chamber with a filled grail in her hands.
    William stood up beside Friyena awaiting the 16th champion.
    Vateria had spent the morning with her cousin Haide and she was now sitting at her 7th chair waiting for the moment.
    Skaforlin was sitting in the 12th and telling not-so-appropriate jokes to R5-T4 who seemed to take them with joy regardless. R5-T4 did leave before the ceremony started.
    Johanna was sitting in her 9th chair planning her next project.
    Radhe had shown Jessica her summoning skills this day. Jessica had even given some recommendations which Radhe did not really like for her own "style". Jessica sat down in the 14th chair eager to see the new champion.
    Blazagni was also standing at her 3rd chair. Vateria made a shout that she was too hot for simple Crastinien furniture. Blazagni did chuckle a little though.
    Ashelia sat in the 4th chair
    The 6th chair was empty except for a vase with a flower in it since the words of champion Orkath's death had arrived a couple of days earlier.
    The 16th chair was decorated with red linen, waiting for its master.

The new champion entered the room and bowed down before Friyena.
    Friyena reached the grail to the champion. "Drink the wine of the champions and you shall be given a life longer and healthier than any mortal. What you decide to do with that life is up to you. You are today given one choice. Do you wish to return home a champion, a hero. To your people and bring glory and someone for them to look up to. The other choice is that you stay here and become a champion of mine and take a chair in the chamber of champion. A champion to keep peace and order and fight for what is good in the world. Know this that which choice you chose does not exclude your possibility to later choose the other.
    So I ask you. Tiamat, Queen of Dragons. What do you choose?"
  • edited April 2018
    Yay! @TenebrisNemo congrats!

(I was secretly rooting for you...shhh)
    I guess I was a little biased...

Congrats to the both of you anyhow

Nemo: Do u to plan on hosting the next?!
  • edited April 2018
    CHAMPION!
    @TenebrisNemo
    imageimageimage

It was quite clear for a long time who would take home the title of champion.
    Tiamat have had an excellent story from the very start (even though a little late) to the very end. The design of her cards, both character cards and signature has been of top class.

@Faiths_Guide
    Mishra had a very strong start in the tournament with both excellent design and awesome story. This did however decrease a little between the quarter final and the semi-final. This because of limited card capacity and accessible time.

I will soon post a list with all the prices and after that I will make a similar post to what I did after the 8-part finals where I go through some critical points about the tournament.
  • edited April 2018
    Prizes!

I will give you four the maximum number of favorites so you don't need to post anymore cards if you don't want to.

* You have been given a place in Hall of fame
    * You have been given a TROPHY

@TenebrisNemo 15 favorites of your choice
    @Faiths_Guide 13 favorites of your choice
    @KalamMekhar 11 favorites of your choice
    @Gelectrode 9 favorites of your choice

@TenebrisNemo since you won. You have the opportunity to both or either. post a champion version or evolution of Tiamat. (A card for her as the 16th champion)
    And/or
    Post a story for which choice she makes and what she makes out of it.

All four of you may of course write any concluding chapters to your characters.

---------------------------------------------------------
    @sanjaya666 @Lujikul @MagicChess @Swegboss12
    You still have your favorites with a maximum of 5 and minimum of 3. 1 additional for each card posted. You can ask for your favorites if you want or post any further evolution to your cards to receive more favorites.

-------------------------------------------------------
    @DoctorFro @Timmeh7o7 @NokiSkaur @East2West @HeroKP @sorinjace @Baron777
    You still have your favorites with a maximum of 4 and minimum of 1. 1 additional for each card posted. You can ask for your favorites if you want or post any further evolution to your cards to receive more favorites.

I will post the points about the evaluation of the whole tournament later because I really need to sleep now. The clock is 6:30 AM here.
    I hope you are all somewhat satisfied with this tournament and with me as your host and story writer.
  • @Jonteman93 favorite whatever cards you wish from my cards thanks!
  • edited April 2018
    @Jonteman93 favourite any of my cards that you like, or you could just close your eyes and click on some random ones of mine!
  • edited April 2018
    And so it concludes. Sorry I wasn't able to be more involved during the second half of this!

Congratulations to all participants (especially top 4). Thanks, @Jonteman93 for all of the effort you put into this. As for favorites, perhaps you could just browse some of my sets over here and see if any in particular stand out to you.

Could you fave this first:
    The set it "belongs to" is here.
  • Wohoo! Awesome! Thank you for this amazing and spectacular contest, @Jonteman93! I will make a champion version of Tiamat and write a story about her choice, maybe even more, if you want.

Congratulations to everyone who participated!

Give a fave for these four cards, please:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/watcher-of-cherry-blossoms
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/taste-the-apple
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/elidyr-archer-of-the-fallen
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/niven-squad-captain

Give the rest to any cards of mine which you personally like.

@DoctorFro - Thanks! You know, I may host the next one, but I need to talk with Jonteman93 about that.
  • Some points regarding the tournament as a whole
    This is meant for everyone. All 16 contestants and all readers.
    @TenebrisNemo @Faiths_Guide @KalamMekhar @Gelectrode @sanjaya666 @Lujikul @MagicChess @Swegboss12 @DoctorFro @Timmeh7o7 @NokiSkaur @East2West @HeroKP @sorinjace @Baron777 @TheCenterOfTheUniverse @Everyone

Since the tournament is now over I believe it is a rather good time to go through it and see what went wrong, what went right and what happens now. Much of this can be taken into consideration for future contests of similar type.

(1) - The time
    2 and a half months from the start of the thread.
    That is 2 months of the tournament from start to finish. This have created multiple problems both for me as host and for many of you who have been with the whole way.
    I have earlier mentioned that this length caused some kind of fatigue. With this I mean that people have gotten very tired of writing and writing for such long time and so long stories that the interest almost died out for a while. This happened to me as well which can be seen with the more delayed matches and the very much delayed "Stelladora" chapters.
    The length have also affected the relation between this tournament and real life. Most of the people that got to the top 4 have been having problems in real life and thus been unable to write or do anything really here. For me it has been the opposite. I have been focusing a little too much so that my personal life got affected.
    I don't believe this is point clear anyone's fault as much as it is just an unhappy series of events that happened because of lack of knowledge and strict and more informative deadlines in the end.

(2) - Change from 9 to 7 mana at last stage
    I believe this was a good choice since 9 mana is often related to titans, behemoths or very powerful spells that break cities. 9 mana is thereby very strange in a story wise perspective to use. It also reduces some of the design quality since this cost is often higher than the highest in ordinary set. 7 is much better in both perspective. Mana cost might however not be the best "base line" to use when testing champions against each other since it limits cost reduction opportunities and such. However it is easy to use and understand by most people.

(3) - Fighting stories and style assumptions
    I would assume that at least half of the contestants I have written actions for in matches has either been very wrong or slightly wrong. I don't believe this is a huge problem since it might be interesting for you to see how I assume your contestant fight and acts. However it would probably be more beneficial to at least give the open opportunity to ask for how the contestants fight. In this way the contestants will be represented more accurate.

(4) - Signature cards
    This is something I think made both the design opportunities better since more mechanics and abilities can be put onto the contestant when their card limits them. They also give some more insight how the character is and how they fight and what abilities they have. This does however require a higher time investment but they are still bonuses. Do any of you think you have an idea to improve these?

(5) - Zaralim and other stories
    The chapters that included Zaralim and Stelladora are in a complete perspective not important for the tournament itself but was a way for me to give an image of my world and to give some kind of small origin story for Zaralim. You could say that this was kind of a game within the game but mostly controlled by me. I had plans to write a chapter where I presented the Lisakdonian army under the command of Victor and where his two oldest children Alexander and Alexandra would be presented. The war would also be described a little more here. I also excluded a chapter about the queen and the patriarch. This was made to save time.
    What do you all think. Was these of interest for you to read or where they just like dry bread that could be cut off?
    Where it a good strategy to use your characters for this or should I have written these in neutral perspective?

(6) - High difference in character uses
    By this I refer to me writing stories with almost only Tiamat and Radhe as the medium which I follow or lead in my writing. I did almost never use neither R5-T4 nor Mishra for these except during matches and when I presented the "mentor" champions. I did this because I felt it was more natural for Tiamat and Radhe to be put in these paths. Tiamat for her blood to Zaralim and Radhe for her connection to the akon and the abyss.
    Did this make you feel less significant in the tournament or did it feel like I gave an unfair opening to storytelling by doing this?

(7) - The future
    I will not interfere how this tournament type is continued. If the name or even the world is used is up for anyone that wants to follow up. I will however offer my service as mentor or just a helper if it is continued and particularly if the world is used again.
    This world was created by be before the tournament but for one single purpose. An origin story, which is not directly affected nor affecting the tournament in any significant way.

(8) - Me, Your host and story writer
    In the beginning I wrote more with care with how I wrote. However I did not do much spellchecking. I started doing that later. What I feel is that as the tournament went the quality in how I wrote became more lacking. Most likely because of the Fatigue.
    Another thing I noted is that this contest have been creating many strong feelings, probably most of them being bad. This was more clear during the 8-parts and quarter parts finals where people where eliminated.

Here I want you to be honest. It will help me more in the long run.
    How do you think I have been as host and writer?
    Have my ways of writing been interesting? Was there one style that was more interesting than another?
    Have it felt like I have treated you and your contestants correctly and respectfully?
    Have I been handling eliminations in the correct way?
    Is there anything else I and new hosts should think about?

(9) - The origin story
    This world as I have mentioned multiple times is created because of the origin story.
    This has only been given in fragments from other people's perspective as of yet.
    I did think of including it if the interest is high enough.
    How many of you would want be to write the origin story here?
    How many of you would be interested in it?

(10) - Anything else you would want to say?
    I have nothing here. Did I forget an important point?
    This point is for you to express other thoughts and opinions you have.
    I believe all opinions are useful if they are based upon something.
    All critic, both good and bad that can be improved or preserved is gold worth.
  • @Jonteman93 If you would like to make another tournament like this, you should give some insight about the locations. A fantasy map would be great to be used as a base, like a certain kind of contest before, but with the addition of the gladiatorial championship thing.

Just a suggestion so people would not just suddenly add random stuffs and random places out of the blue that confuses the heck out of other people anyway.
  • edited April 2018
    @sanjaya666 I won't most likely not make another of these tournaments. At least not in the near future. Since this tournament have taken very much of my time.

I have been thinking about maps myself but the problem I feel with making a map is that they are very difficult and time consuming to make if they should provide important information. Also maps are very different from each other. Should I make a regional map that only shows the city and surrounding area or should I create a global map over the realms and important cities.

I am not skilled enough to make good maps within a reasonable time. Specially for secondary worlds such as the one visited in this tournament.

Edit: What would work is to google a random map and use that for the tournament however Lisakdonia is an old world of mine already with a map inside my head so a random map would not feel completely correct. I could probably see if I can find something that is somewhat similar if the world is used further.
  • edited April 2018
    @Jonteman93
    A realm map would be great.

But hey, just stay chilling. It's just a suggestion after all.

No tournaments, no problems.
  • edited April 2018
    @Jonteman93, this tournament was beautifully done and I hope this competition is reiterated.
  • Agreed @Tenebrisnemo if you do decide to do it may I put in a suggestion to make a sorta different version :)
  • @Jonteman93 - This is pretty new kind of contest, so there is bound to be some things, which didn't work out well or as intended. The most important thing is that everyone has fun, even the host.

(1) - The cause of such long time was the unintended story. People just thought it would be fun at the beginning without much of a forethought and apparently they got tired. For me, it was the opposite. Honestly, when I created my contestant and found out two days later that I would have to roleplay, I was feeling something like "I didn't sign up for this!" But when I started writing and developing my character, my eagerness to write returned and I kept doing it because, in the end, it was rather fun! I spend my free time on writing, which I usually spend on designing cards.

(2) - Yes, 9 CMC is high but so is 7. There are some certain creature types which could seem strange to see in too high CMCs. I've been thinking if it would've been better to have each contestant's 1st stage at 2 CMC, 2nd stage at 4 CMC etc. It's not a big change, but it's still smaller.

(3) - It was quite interesting to see how contestants acted and fought in your hands. If some people really had a big deal about it, they should've written about their fighting styles and about their contestant's personality. You're not expected to ask before every single match how somebody fights. If you have a vampire with a crossbow, is there really that many options about how it'll fight?

(4) - The signature cards were an excellent thought. I don't really have any idea how to improve them, though.

(5) - The stories were interesting and enjoyable. They build the world of the tournament and I liked how you used our characters in them. But the truth is that in the end, this is a tournament and not a literature thread. Of course writing stories were a huge bonus, but seemed like people forced themselves to write more without enjoying it or having time for it. The tournament was quite long and without these stories, I bet it would've been way shorter.

(6) - It did feel kinda favored when you used Tiamat or Radhe, but it also felt natural. They were your stories and they fit in them better than the others, I guess. Perhaps if some stories had different perspectives, you could've used other characters as mediums?

(7) - Small advice would be helpful when the another tournament is held in the same world.

(8) - I think quality over quantity would've been enough. You wrote many stories and I enjoyed them, but since people had the fatigue, maybe it would've been better to focus on the single, most important thing of this thread: the tournament itself.

Every contest creates strong, negative feelings if the participants takes them way too seriously. In pretty much every contest, only one will be on "top" and everyone else gets "eliminated." However, everyone got prizes. If somebody did not have fun and was only after the faves, then they shouldn't really be complaining since you were quite generous for everybody.

You've been a great, respectful host. Eliminations had to be done, and sometimes you even seemed to be "too kind" for those who "lost." You're the host of your own tournament and you will judge it as you feel fit.

Sometimes the quality in stories were low and some parts were not-so-enjoyable to read. They were interesting though, no doubt about that. And the normal writing style always beats the blocky one.

(9) - If you would write an origin story here, then I would be interested to read it. I like this world of yours!

(10) - I had a lot of fun in this tournament. Maybe a tournament chart would've been a fine addition. And a map of course, but I feel like that's too demanding. Contestants entered the world where they have never been before, so of course the locations and events "come out of the blue."

You've handled this tournament very well, and I congratulate you for it! I want to do another one, but I still need to think what I'll change in the next tournament.
  • The Choice

Tiamat was wearing a modest mithril crown, armor, and a pure white dress as she was kneeling before Friyena. She didn't have time to repair her other equipment after the match, but she didn't mind that. When the goddess asked Tiamat which choice she wishes to make, the dragon girl lowered her head and closed her eyes.

"Before I left my world and participated in the tournament, I felt like I didn't belong there. To my home world. I desperately sought a place, a world, where I would have a purpose. A place, where I felt like I belong to. I thought that by becoming a champion, I would have that purpose. As I grew, met people, and fought in the tournament, I slowly began to realize something. My purpose was within me all this time. I am a human dragon, born to become the queen of all dragons. I've fought to become the sixteenth champion. But my real purpose is a combination of everything I am."

Tiamat opened her eyes and quickly glanced at Vateria while smiling a little. Then she looked into Friyena's turquoise eyes. Tiamat's face was serious and her tone was self-confident as she continued speaking.

"My home world has struggled for many human lifetimes. The dragons wander without anything or anyone to look up to. Humans and other races have been in conflict against them. As a dragon queen, my destiny is to claim heritage over dragons. As a champion, my duty is to keep peace and order."

She put her right hand's fist onto her chest, where she could feel her heartbeat. "My purpose is clear to me! I wish to return and do everything I can to unite my home world!"

Friyena smiled, then she offered the grail to Tiamat. Skaforlin wiped a tear from his eye and Vateria chuckled proudly. The dragon girl stood up, took the grail into her both hands, closed her eyes, and slowly started drinking the wine of the champions from it.

"Then so be it," Friyena said. "Tiamat, Queen of Dragons and the 16th Champion. You will return home to fight for your cause, but remember that you'll always be welcome to this world."

When Tiamat finished drinking the wine, she took a deep breath. Her soul was completely calm for the first time in years. She gave the empty grail back to Friyena, then the goddess embraced the dragon girl. As they hugged, Friyena stroked Tiamat's golden hair.

"When will you leave, my youngest champion?"

Tiamat gently let go from Friyena, then she took her golden chain tiara from her belt into her right hand. Radhe, Robin, Niven's squad, and Nathan appeared in her mind as she looked at it. Tiamat closed her hand around the tiara, then she looked at everyone in the chamber.

"I'm in no hurry. There is still many things I need to do before my departure. Also, I want to get to know my fellow champions."

• Sorry for late answer.

@Gelectrode I don't blame anyone for not having the time for this contest. I did not have the time neither myself.

I did favor all your cards however I have favored Serra Squire at an earlier moment so I favored another random card instead.
  • @TenebrisNemo That's awesome!
    I would love to hear more stories from you and/or Tiamat.
  • @Jonteman93 - Thank you. I've been thinking about continuing Tiamat's story, when she spends her last days in Lisakdonia and returns to her world. I may write and post them here if people are interested.

I can probably write those stories while I am hosting the 2nd tournament.
  • edited April 2018
  • @Timmeh7o7 Sorry but I do not really follow what you mean.
This discussion has been closed.