Blue Light Mystery Challenge (in support of Autism Awareness) *ends April 25th!*

Welcome to my 9th contest! This contest comes hot off the heels of my wife @Aryanf's contest "Elf for mental Health." At @Aryanf's special request, she asked me to create a contest in support of April being the month of Autism Awareness. So without further ado, lets get to the challenge!

Your main rule in this contest is: This contest the only color allowed in it is blue.
You can make a colorless permanent as well, but the colorless permanent must do something with blue in mind.

That being said, in order for you to participate, you must first post a memorable fact of someone in history that is known to have autism. (for example, Nicola Tesla invented AC current.) Please state you want your blue light mystery challenge.
Once I see your fact and request for the blue light mystery challenge, I will give you your challenge. The card will be at random, much like the mystery box challenge that @jpastor does.

You can enter as many times as you wish, but every time you enter, you must post a memorable fact of someone in history that is known to have autism.

Each challenge you receive I will try to make it work alongside other ongoing contests as well so you can drop your card into that contest as well so you get more use out of your card(s) you submit to this contest.

Thank you again to each and every person that enters into this contest! Here is the prizes:

3rd place will get 2 favorites of his or her choice for me to favorite.
2nd place will get 3 favorites of his or her choice for me to favorite.
1st place will get 4 favorites of his or her choice for me to favorite, plus a follow. If I already follow you, you get an additional favorite.

Please note the favorites can be all for your own cards or if you want me to favorite another cardsmiths card, the favorites are to be used at your discretion!

Judging on all entries will be based on a variety of things such as how balanced each card is made, artwork, how flavorful the card is, crediting the artist, etc. each entry you get points as well just for entering. So enter as much as you can!

Lets get to the contest! This contest will end May 2nd 2018 2pm Eastern Standard Time, USA

Here is my wife @Aryanf's contest:
http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3522/elf-for-mental-health#latest

Here is @MagicalMagic's contest:
http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3524/autism-awareness-2nd-challenge#latest
He has a really cool contest going on, please check it out when you get a chance!!

Here is @jpastor's contest that this contest was also partially influenced by:
http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3520/jpastor-s-mystery-box-challenges#latest
Please go check this out, they are fun contests, and you never know what your challenge is going to be.

Comments

• The guy who wrote the legendary "Alice in Wonderland," Lewis Carroll, was on the autism spectrum. And here is el request for the blue light mystery challenge.
  • When Charles Darwin was studying Marine Iguana in the Galapagos islands he would toss them into the Ocean to see if they would swim back to shore to study there ability to swim.

Mystery Please.
  • @Lujikul thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Create a blue legendary creature with at least one custom static ability. (This challenge is also in support of Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Eight)
  • @Aryanf thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Create a blue 'trap' instant. (This challenge is also in support of Tricks and Traps **Circuit Challenge**)
  • edited April 2018
    Here's mine.

• edited April 2018
    Here it comes!

Decompose mechanic is by Jacenalaar.
  • I will make you give me this Blue Light Mystery challenge 127 times over til you get it right. Stanley Kubrick wasn't officially diagnosed with Autism until after his death. So give it away. His diagnosis was Asperger syndrome. They looked back at his history and it seems to line up with AS very heavily.
  • edited April 2018
    @Dechujoh64 thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Make an original blue Planeswalker card. (This challenge is also in support of Aryanf's daily hug and Planeswalkers!! contests)
  • edited April 2018
    @Lujikul the card is cool but you didn't submit a legendary blue creature with a static ability from the mechanix 28 challenge. Please resubmit, thank you!
  • Temple Grandin invented “Hug Machine” and “Livestock Handling Devices”
    mystery please!
  • @MagicalMagic thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Make a mono blue card successfully utilizing the flavor text "Being good is overrated."

(This challenge is also in support of Flavor Text Challenge (Ongoing) contest)
  • Ah, I hadn't noticed the legendary part. The post has been edited to be a proper qualifying entry.
  • Dan Harmon, the creator of such legendary shows as Community and Rick and Morty discovered that he had autism after studying it so he could accurately write Abed (a character in community who also has autism) During his research he found that he fit the profile of autism almost to a tee and his doctor confirmed this suspicion soon after.

I would like a challenge.
  • edited April 2018
    @East2West thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Make a legendary mono blue wrestler creature for team smackdown with at least one custom static ability featured in the mechanix 28 challenge contest.

(This challenge is also in support of 3rd Contest: WWE Smackdown vs RAW! contest and Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Eight contest)
  • edited April 2018

In complete honesty I don't know if Hulk is a static ability but I hope I did this right.
  • May I have a challenge?
  • edited April 2018
    Crazed Egotist
  • May I have a challenge?
  • Our third president Thomas Jefferson was thought to have autism. One example was that he wore slippers to important meetings.

May I have a challenge now?
  • edited April 2018
    @sorinjace
    Here
    you
    Go!
    The Left one is what I could do with it here at MTG Cardsmith and the right iswhat I could do with the Magic Set Editior and dA.
    imageimage

Hopefully you like it.
  • @sanjaya666 Coming from a friend of his here, No, he is not, he's just nocturnal that's all. Also, his wife, who is also on this site, comes first.
  • edited April 2018
    Charles Darwin became christian near the end of his life and tried to renounce his theory of evolution.

I'll have another good sir.
  • edited April 2018
    Hey guys sorry I was out last night with some friends in the ghetto. Anyways, enough about my adventures... back to business on here. I ain't 'ded' @sanjaya666 :)

@shadow123 and @sanjaya666 when you guys post your submissions can you guys post a fact about a historical figure or celebrity known or thought to have been known to have autism or high functioning autism? (That was part of this contests rules in order to enter, the point of this particular contest was to raise awareness on April being Autism Awareness month. My wife wanted me to create a contest that recognized that to go along with her own contest, Elf for mental Health, which that also is an autism awareness contest.)

At any rate, @shadow123 thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Make a mono blue instant card with split second ability that could work in a commander deck.
    (This challenge is also in support of "Custom EDH" contest)

@sanjaya666 thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Create a monoblue vehicle card with a custom static ability being used in Mechanix 28 contest.
    (This challenge is in support of "Second Contest: Vehicles!" and "Mechanix Challenge - Twenty Eight" contests)

@DoctorFro thank you for your request! Here is your challenge:

Make a mono blue sorcery card with the word Puppet or Puppeteer in both the name AND the artwork of the card somehow. (This challenge is also in support of "Stringing us along contest *Circuit & Artwork Challenge*" contest)
  • Thank you for your request @Aryanf! Here is your challenge:

Create a mono blue creature that aids the commander of a commander deck however you see fit.

(This challenge is also in support of "You better use some protection!" contest)
  • @sorinjace

Sir Isaac Newton

Newton was very quiet and not very good at ‘small talk’, or typical day to day conversations. He was extraordinarily focused on his work and had a hard time breaking away. He was often so focused that he forgot to eat during these times of intense focus. This is a trait very commonly found in autistics and this extreme focus often blocks out other things that would likely capture an individuals attention. Newton was not good at keeping or making friends as he did not appear friendly, nor did he know how to talk with individuals he did consider to be friends. Newton also relied strongly upon routines. For example, if he had been scheduled to give a lecture, that lecture was going to happen whether there was an audience or not.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2988647.stm
  • @sanjaya666 thank you for the info on sir Isaac Newton! Very cool, your challenge was posted as create a monoblue vehicle card with at least 1 custom static ability featured in mechanic twenty eight contest. (update if you want to submit a colorless vehicle that's OK but it should do something to support blue somehow if it's colorless.)
  • “Mozart reportedly had repeated facial expressions and unintentional constant motion of his hands and feet It was also believed that Mozart’s hearing was very sensitive and intense and loud sounds made him feel physically sick. Other reports indicate that he was excessively active. Mozart was unable to carry on an intellectual conversation and existed in a careless and reckless way with impolite and frequent mood changes. It is reported that one day, Mozart was particularly bored and jumped up and hurdled over tables and chairs, meowed like a cat and did somersaults. Mozart’s letters indicated a presence of echolalia which may be a way of communicating for autistics. These characteristics indicate that Mozart could have been on the autistic spectrum.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2988647.stm

@sorinjace Thank you for the researching task, it really opened up my mind! Hope @aryanf is ok.
  • That was very cool to read @shadow123 your challenge was posted as well. I told @Aryanf what you said she said "awe" :)
  • edited April 2018
    :)
This discussion has been closed.