Always watching contest (Closed)

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Decided this fearful artwork of attachment would be interesting to share. (Edited to remove sexually suggestive nudity from original. -> Darn tassels!)

Original Artwork Link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/wk2VV
    Edited Artwork Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87i9zj9hgqb249e/stephane-wootha-richard-knowyourfear-retake-post.jpg?dl=0

• OH. MY. GOD. I CALL IT!!!! Nobody else use it for this contest please! I found the image for the worst of them all Phobophobia! Fear of Fear
  • edited April 2018
    imageimage
  • edited April 2018
    Here's one I made:
    The card title is meant to be hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia, but that is too long, so it cut off the last few letters. Yes, it's an actual fear. Yes, it's the fear of long words. No, I do not have this fear, I just thought it might be fun to make a card based off of it.

You cant really see the casting cost very well, but it's meant to be 1BB
  • Ironically, this is as far as I have found, this is the longest phobia
  • "Mwahaha! Prepare to eat my Fireball, little blue mage!"

"Okay."

"I said prepare to eat my Fireball, little blue mage!"

"I heard you."

"So?"

"So what?"

"Why aren't you scared?"

"Why should I be scared?"

"Big red mage, what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all."

"So why haven't you Fireballed me yet?"

"You want me to, little blue mage?"

"Up to you. It's your funeral."

"I'm still waiting."

"What do you have up your sleeve, little blue mage? I know you have something."

"Really?"

"Umm...yeah. Wait, are you bluffing?"

"Want to find out?"

"Why am I so scared of you, little blue mage? You haven't even done anything so far!"

"You think this is scary? Try throwing your Fireball at me."

"Lol, no way. I know you're gonna do something about it."

"Am I?"

"Arrggh, I hate you little blue mages."

"You know what you're gonna hate more? Even more than chucking a fireball at me?"

"What?"

"I really don't have anything up my sleeve. I'm totally defenseless against your magics."

"So why have you been bluffing so long if you knew it would get nowhere?"

"I was just waiting for my Vizzerdrix to sneak up behind you."

• "There are actually a lot of different, but equally interesting long titled phobias, and here are just a few….

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia – fear of the number 666
    Paraskavedekatriaphobia – fear of Friday
    Spasmenagaliaphobia – fear of broken glass
    Tickcapucapitiphobia – fear of having a tick head stuck in your body.
    Siderodromophobia – fear of traveling by train
    Finally, comes the 36 letter whopper – Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia – which is ironically a fear of long words."
  • 666 is a close one but long words is the longest
  • edited April 2018
    Allodoxaphobia — the fear of others’ opinions (the whole internet suffers from this)
    The text blocking is weird but I will fix it soon. (There should be a way to center text in height, evenly spacing blocks.)
  • edited April 2018
    @Everyone
    I've decided that I'll be removing the follows from the prizes, since we'd like to take a break from cardsmithing after this contest closes.

Edit: Made a minor change to the subscription notice.

Edit: Changed prize distribution. For information, see main post. (Removed honorable mentions since they tend to take longer to distribute!)
  • edited April 2018
    @Ranshi922
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm making sure all subscriptions I owe are given before next month. That way nobody goes without them while I take a break from cardsmithing.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. But I need to go offline in the next month for personal reasons and this was the most professional way of doing so.

I'll still be following all winning contestants, in case I'm back early from our cardsmithing break.
  • @Ranisha922 and @Faiths_Guide
    Actually, its not just the longest phobia name, its actually the single longest word in the american English dictionary

Another random fears that haven't been mentioned yet:
    Phobophobia - the fear of getting a phobia

And some fears that I'm not quite sure the name of, but I know they exist:
    There is a fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
    There is a fear of getting peanut butter stuck on the roof of your mouth
    There is a fear of the colour yellow (which green lantern kind of had in the original comics which made him so powerless against sinestro)
  • Yes. I am aware, I am stewing over the extra weird ones waiting for inspiration to hit me. The pb one is in the early a’s and I skipped it
  • edited April 2018
    Here is the updated version of Allodoxaphobia!
  • edited April 2018
    I think that worked
  • Fear Ranshi922

Thought this belonged in here too hehe.
  • @KingWatherton The duck one is called Anatidaephobia
  • edited April 2018

Because who doesn't fear the darkness?

Every creature has a darker side...
  • Just a reminder everyone. You don't need to use reminder text for official keyword abilities.
  • I don't fear the dark... Well not the darkness around me...
  • @creepybeagle, Shadow was an old keyword ability that means that it cant block or be blocked by creatures that don't also have it.
  • @modnation675, I will have my other 2 submissions by tomorrow at latest! :) Thanks for being patient!
  • edited April 2018
    In the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself." Well on that note, here is the fear of fear: Phobophobia!
  • The last one will likely come out later today!
  • Autophobia, the fear of being alone.

• Last entry:

Fear of ovens/stoves.
  • edited April 2018
    Deleted
  • @Rashni922, I know, Shadow is a creature type, shadow is the keyword. I could make it more clear but I don't have premium.
This discussion has been closed.