Tournament of Champions 2 (The game has begun)

Comments

• A brief history of the ethereals and the radiants:

The Ethereals originated from the moon of Innistrad. The moon was a loving mother, who caressed her children with care. Under the moon's magical influence, the 2 sons and 2 daughters of the moon - Juhon and Juhalion and Juha and Juhyela - got god-like powers. Juhalion is the great-grand-father of Jaholion, Jahanacicus and Joadhionus (SPOILER ALERT: You'll see him later on in the story)

During the moon's cycle, it got stranded in the nether void, where it met a similarly stranded sun of Theros. The 2 got along nicely at first, but by the time the cycles took them apart, they were bitter enemies.

The Sun sent his offspring - The Radiants (Qaygon, Qutri, Qaygota and Quyamara) - to invade Innistrad. Innistrad was young then, with the only truly sentient race being the humans. The Moon, with the help of her children, led some humans to become sun-hating vampires and moon-obeying werewolves to fight against the Sun threat.

With Innistrad held, it was the Moon's turn to strike. Theros was invaded by the coming forces. But instead of making new races, the Sun rallied humans to their cause, and taught them to despise all dark.

*TO BE CONTINUED*
  • edited April 2018
    @HeroKP

(And then they all get transformed into Eldrazi abominations due to a certain Eldrazi titan-god that is currently trapped in the Innistrad's moon.

End of story.

Lol.)
  • Uncertain Fate of Contenders - Final Part

Morning sun has been rising for a few hours in the ocean horizon. Quiet and gentle winds flowed through Eternstor and the surrounding forests. The citizens and the contenders of the tournament were starting their daily routines. Judge Gaspar was sitting at the table of a food place's terrace near the docks, named as "The Sailor's Trove." He was eating a meal of salmon and drinking red wine. Those on the other tables consisted of people who work on the harbor, but the person at the nearest table was one of Gaspar's guards. He had a full plate armor with runic patterns.

After enjoying his breakfast for five minutes, Gaspar noticed as a certain, robed humanoid with fins walked to his table and sat down onto the chair on the opposite side of the table. It was Eetu, who had gone missing after the conflict in the abandoned building.

"Strange," Gaspar said after taking a sip of wine. "I didn't remember they served raw fish here."

Eetu's serious expression didn't even flinch as Gaspar greeted the way he did. "You wanted to meet me. What is it this time?"

"You vanished after my men returned to the city from the abandoned building with four cultists, yet nobody of them was the missing guardsman," the judge said and cut a piece of salmon with his cutlery. "Quite suspicious, don't you think?"

"I go where the currents lead me," Eetu said. His words had a little bit of solemnity in them.

"The soldiers said you left with the guardsman. Where is he now?"

The merfolk raised his fist above the table. When he opened it, a silver signet ring fell from his hand onto the white tablecloth. The ring had clear bloodstains on the engraved letters. After looking at the ring for a few seconds, Gaspar ate another piece of salmon, then he looked into the eyes of Eetu, who was slightly smiling.

"An outright murder? That's new from you."

"The guardsman converted the weak and purposeless humans to join his cult, which put dark powers on the move. He was a lost cause. And when I introduced him to my interrogation methods..."

He leaned to the back of the chair while looking at his open right hand's sharp claws. Then he closed his hand into a fist while the smile on his face grew larger.

"Well, let's just say that I forgot about the frailty of humans."

"You should've brought him back to the ones who he worked for originally, Eetu. Ever since you gave up most of your powers to become a 'shield,' you've had trouble to not cross the line."

Angered, Eetu clenched his right hand's fist, which made his claws pierce through the scales and bleed. "I do what is best for Eternstor and for the tournament, as you should too. Tourach forced the guard to become her follower. A contender with druidic powers killed the human cultists within the forest. Who knows what will happen if even more contenders go rogue? One of the two dragons? The wurm or the minotaur?"

The wizard pointed at the judge with his left hand's slender finger. "You need me, lord Gaspar, to hold on to your promise with the town's mayor."

"I trust that the contenders will behave for the rest of the week," Gaspar said as he remembered Tourach's confession. "And if something would happen, I would need someone with the capabilities of the contestant who defeated you ten years ago."

"Orkath is dead!!"

Eetu stood up and slammed his right palm onto the table as he shouted. The guard also stood up and was ready to unsheathe his longsword, but he stopped as Gaspar raised his left hand at him. Then the judge looked at the merfolk, who was gritting his sharp teeth.

"No body has been found yet, but the other champions will answer to my first call unlike you."

After staring into the cold blue eyes of the judge for a few seconds, Eetu turned his back at him. "If you bring yet another bane to Lisakdonia, your spirit will be judged."

With this remark, the shield of currents walked away from the food place. A fresh bloodstain was on the tablecloth next to the silver signet ring. Gaspar took a handkerchief from his suit's pocket, wiped his mouth with it, then he turned his head at the standing guard.

"Send word to the guards of Tourach. Dismiss them."

"Yes, lord Gaspar," the large guardsman said and marched to the tavern's direction.
  • edited April 2018
    @Everyone

Karnax's paladins have gone to the job boards in Eternstor and placed papers reading:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WANTED:
    Someone with the capability to locate and harvest desired plants from the forests
    surrounding Etersnor.

REWARD:
    One-hundred gold pieces.

DEADLINE:
    The 30th, before dusk.

WHERE:
    Karnax's area next to the Tavern of Contenders. There we can discuss the terms

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • edited April 2018
    @sanjaya666

No, you don't understand! This was at the beginning of Innistrad, when there weren't even any vampires or werewolves!

@TenebrisNemo

Little did Gaspar and Eetu know, that a certain strikingly blonde lady with very blue eyes had heard their every word.
  • edited April 2018
    @shadow123 @pakashara @pjbear2005

Nya was growing tired of training with Konus. Every night they would go back to the sphere and train, she never won. And Konus would not let her stop until she did. Her back ached and she was constantly tired as she hardly slept. Her training with her friends had become less consistent. She needed help. And she had no idea how to get it, so she asked her friends.
  • The history of The Ethereals and The Radiants Pt 2:

So, now the battle rages between the two planes. Every Ethereal hated every Radiant. There was a story of a certain Jomeo and Quillete who fell in love, but there isn't any proof of that.

The only problem was - the moon and the sun wanted an all-out battle to the death. But that couldn't happen fairly - where to host it? Innistrad? No, that would be an unfair advantage to the Ethereals. Theros? No, that would be an unfair advantage to the Radiants. So, even they weren't supposed to, they sent their children to the nether void.

But breaking the interuniversal laws like that never pays off. A being can't be "warped" to the never void unless it enters a portal. And of course, the warp went wrong. The Ethereals and The Radiants ended up stranded in a far-away corner of the multiverse.

The gods of that world only created about a third of existence, and both factions agreed to help them finish it up. For a couple thousand years, there was finally peace. But not for long. When the world was complete, they argued who helped more. The argue turned into a fight, and to stop them, the gods of this sector of the multiverse banished them to 6 different planes. Eternstor, Koshimauwi and Diano went to the Ethereals. The other 3 went to the Radiants.

But secretly, they still fight turf wars in the pocket planes that they exist in.

Jaholion hardly remembers Innistrad, and Jahanacicus doesn't remember it at all. But their older brother, Joadhionus, tells them it was a wonderful place. Their dream is to sometime find their way back there, to be united with their great-great-grandma once again.

• Tai was tired of not seeing Nya and Sylva too. Tai didn’t want to hide in her room and go between whatever it is. She sent Tamiyo messages instead. Tai went and searched for Nya.

“Tai!”

“Nya,” Tai exclaimed, “I’m so glad to see you again!”

“Nya. No time for friendship. Let’s go,” Konus said from the bushes.

“Wait!” Tai said to Nya, “Is that the transforming being that took you away from us?”

“What!?” Konus shouted in surprise, “Did you do this Nya?”

“N..No sir. I haven’t seen her in weeks now.”

“I found you in the forest practicing. You thought me as the bird the other day.”

“Come with me,” Konus said angrily, “Punishment must be done.”

“No! Tai!” Nya shouted.

“As for you,” Konus said, “You will stay next to me for the rest of the tournament!”

“Please.”

Konus dragged Tai and Nya into the forest.

“Dare to move Nya,” Konus said, “and you know the consequences. You’ve seen them before.”

“Nya,” Tai trembled, “I’ll do this. For you and for me. I’ve got a bit better you know.”

“So have I,” Nya smiled.

Konus battled with a long staff and had many of the vine capabilities Nya did. Tai fluttered into the sky. Konus just pointed his staff at her and vines from the trees were flung at her. Tai quickly dodged them while Konus position was unknown. Suddenly from the vines, Konus erupted and tried to strike Tai. Tai put two handfuls of black powder on the vines draining their energy leaving Tai in the sky and Konus on the ground. Tai wasn’t a high flyer though. As she started to descend. A treetop smashed her into another’s trunk. Vines creeped around Tai binding her there as Konus slowly approached, as if hurt.

“No!” Nya shouted.

“Nya,” Tai said.

Konus raised his staff to strike Tai and he thrust his hand forward. Tai closed her eyes and readied herself for death.

“Taiiiiiiiiii” Nya screamed.

A thought popped into her head, the vines were squeezing hard enough to hurt her only when she was alive. She could trick the vines. She created an explosion of black, Red, and purple powder which was in her bag, below her toe. The vines were ripped apart, Konus’s staff sharpened and headed into the smoke.

Tai screamed.

“Yes!” Konus shouted while Nya shouted in terror.

Tai jumped out of the bushes after tending herself with yellow powder.

“Wha?!l Konus had time to say.

Tai quickly readied her lunar spell and swung it at his head. Konus quickly parried caught off balance, he was blasted backwards by the lunar force. Tai took out her rose and jetted black powder again and again at him. Konus just managed to dodge those blasts. Tai kept luring him into her and struck him in the head with her rose as hard as she could. Konus fell down.

“Dare mess with me a-” Tai said as vines hoisted her into the air. Konus decided to destroy her with another sharp vine. It slammed Tai’s head once knocking her out. The next ripped off her pouch and finally another vine was thrust at her heart. Tai held her device in her hand and dissapeared.

“Where is she?”

Tai saw Tamiyo. I nearly escaped him.

“I know,” Tamiyo said.

“Then why didn’t you help me?”

“I was engaged in my own battle myself. My stidies have been corrupted, my many scrolls burned down. My research gone to waste. I memorized and salvaged all that I could. Luckily I remembered all but eighty spells and stories and salvaged all but sixty.”

“Oh.”

“Return and the alarm will sound. Let him get close to killing you, but not. The soldiers will then take care of him.”

Tai returned and the alarm sounded. Konus quickly hid in the bushes. Tai and Nya acted really hurt. Tai was but Nya hurt herself.

“Look,” a guard said, “two champions. Tai and Sylva. None are plansewalkers.”

“They seem suspicious to me. As if they aren’t dead.”

Tai was taking in the conversation. The soldiers searched the area, scruntinizing every tree, bush, and patch of grass except for the ones in Konus’s area. He jumped out and swiftly knocked out a guard. He headed for Tai with his staff. Tai blocked and screamed. The guards quickly found Konus trying to attack Tai.

The soldiers easily overcame the vines and captured him. Tai and Sylva ran back as Konus said, “You will never know. This whole place is in danger and each of you aren’t ready...
  • edited April 2018
    @shadow123

Later that night, konus sat in his cell thinking

I'm so proud. They have both grown so much, they nearly beat me. Of course that was not the full extent of my power. He glanced to the sword that was sheathed at his side. He then transformed and quickly escaped the jail. He ran to the tavern, snuck into Nyas room and gently prodded her awake. She looked up at him in surprise and fear.

"Nya, I know you don't understand, but that's okay, I did it all for your own good. Everything, the training, even tonight, that was all for you. Now I must lay low for a while. I will see you at the tournament."

He then left as quickly as he came, and Nya got a nice long rest.
  • As the other contestants trained for the coming battles, Whistler watched silently. He had been collecting data on the other contestants since day one, analyzing their fighting styles so he could learn their weaknesses. By listening in on tavern gossip, Whistler had learned Tourach's secret. Now, two days before the tournament, the mechanical wizard returned to his master's workshop to report his findings. As expected, the room was empty, save for a few scraps of metal and a planar portal in the back. Whistler flipped a few switches, and the portal flickered to life. The automaton stepped through and found himself on Dominaria, his master's home plane. The golem planeswalker Karn approached his creation. "So, what have you found out about the tournament?" Karn asked. Whistler told him all about the other contestants, the plane of Eternstor, and about the litch Tourach. "Many of the contestants would prove useful in fighting against new Phyrexia." Whistler added. "There is still hope for Mirrodin, Master Karn."
    "I'm glad you think so, Whistler. Continue studying the other contestants. You can worry about your true purpose once you've proven yourself in the tournament."
    With that, Whistler stepped back through the portal, returnng to Eternstor.
  • Name: Mariko
    Title: Mariko of the Blessed

Mariko is not known to many. She is quiet and respectful to those who deserve it. Mariko is a woman of few words. Her focus is protection of those who cannot defend themselves.

She can incorporate many weapons into her repertoire, but she will always incorporate her family heirloom in her battles.

Her family has competed in this tournament before, and that is what draws her here today.
  • I edited my signature card. here is the new one:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dream-sculpt-1
  • it starts tommorow!
  • @tenebrisnemo
    how many entries are in so far?
  • edited April 2018
    28 or 29 I think
    @kandra127
  • Karnax awakens from his slumber for the first time this week.

"Come my legion," he bellows.

Within a minute his four paladins and elven herald arrive at his feet crouched anto one knee.

"My lord," the elf utters respectfully.

Karnax lowers his head closer to his underlings level and says to them, "You three," motioning at three of his paladins, "come with me. You two stay here and speak with any one who found interest in my job."

"Yes my lord," they all respond in unison.

Karnax walks off towards the gates of Eterstor, followed by three paladins. The remaining paladin begins to set up a large tent while the elf watches and guides, occasionally assisting him with magic.
  • edited April 2018
    Guys, we need to crank it up to 32, otherwise, more than 10 of us will miss out on the fun.
  • @everyone
    we need more entries
  • It's only 32 but still
  • Is there a way we can get those couple more entries...

Like just where’re people
  • Okay guys, I have some catching up to do storywise.
    Part III comes the day of the following events:
    -Pele joins Jahalion's ice-cream stand
    -Tourach meets with Gaspar
    It comes the day before the following events:
    -Pele and Jahalion train together
    -Tai meets with Tamiyo
    -Konus fights Nya and Tai

III. Investigation and Training
    It was the afternoon. Coltras Drasonkai passed the two humans and the faerie training together. He stopped to watch them for a bit. They had really honed their skills. The human - Nya - was summoning vines and animals to attack the faerie, Tai. The faerie was flying out of reach, throwing puffs of different-colored powder. I'd better train also, thought Coltras, but he had a mission at hand.
    Coltras entered the forest. He had to walk a mile or so before he reached an abandoned building - the location of which he had pulled from the memory of the lich lady, Tourach. The building was a mansion, abandoned years before and in a state of disrepair. The door stood ajar. Coltras entered soundlessly.
    The main room was stripped bare, aside from a couple pieces of rotting furniture. The sun shone in from a hole in the roof. Coltras walked around, noting details. A bloodstain lay on the floor between him and the door. A little distance away was a shattered lamp. Coltras crouched to examine it. Inside was a pool of viscous purple liquid. Coltras pulled a vial from his belt and filled it with the liquid. Suddenly, he heard a "Hey!" from the direction of the door. A soldier had seen him. "You can't be here!" said the soldier. Coltras reflexively reached for magic as two more soldiers came into the room, followed by a merfolk. He carried no weapons but had wickedly sharp claws and two long orange fins extending from his head. As the merfolk walked in, Coltras felt magical power draining from him. He clutched his staff defensively. The other merfolk sighed.
    "Who are you? I'm sick of all these people interfering." Coltas gave a stiff bow.
    "Coltras Drasonkai of Jubani, tournament contender, at your service."
    "I am Eetu, Shield of Currents. You must leave this place immediately and I will have to report your infringement to Judge Gaspar." The soldiers brandished their spears menacingly.
    "No need to do that. I'm not looking for trouble. I was just curious about this place after I heard about it from tavern gossip. I won't come here again."
    "Fine. But if you do show up here, you will be removed from the tournament."
    With that, Coltras walked out, clutching the vial of purple liquid.

Coltras had found what he needed at the abandoned building. Now he needed to train. There was tomorrow, the day after, and then the tournament started. Coltras walked back to the tavern and looked around for someone. There were many people to choose from. The first was obvious - Roland. Coltras walked up to the man, sitting in the same place at the bar. "Hello, Roland."
    The gunslinger nodded his greeting.
    "Seems like you're sitting here all the time. How about a little practice? I can get a few people together."
    "My reflexes and body are so honed, I don't need any practice." Roland puffed out his chest.
    "C'mon, just for my sake."
    "I'll just shoot you before you can do anything."
    "Hmm, I might have something to say about that. You don't have to stay the whole time."
    "Fine."
    "Great! Meet me at the training grounds at 6:00 tomorrow morning."
    After Coltras had left, Roland slammed his fist on the table. "Damnit!" Then quietly to himself, "You know what happens to people you get attached to."

Coltras scanned the room. The vampire, the minotaur, the elf...but someone caught his eye. Someone sitting in the corner, shrouded in shadow. It was a black figure, with a fire glowing on its back like a hearth. In its hands it clutched a beating heart. Coltras slowly walked up to it. "I am Coltras Drasonkai of Jubani," he said. "Who are you?"
    The creature slowly looked up, amazed that someone would even approach it. "I am known as Sunex," he rasped in a gravelly, hissy voice.
    "Have you even moved since you first came here?" asked Coltras.
    "No one wants to be with an imp," replied Sunex.
    "Maybe I do. Do you want to train? Meet me at the training grounds at 6:00 tomorrow morning." The imp subsided back into the shadows, the flame on his back growing dim. Coltras walked away.

Coltras got a glass of seaweed liquor at the bar, then sat outside to watch the sunset. The orange and pink colors were beautiful. Everyone was coming back to the tavern from the town and training grounds. The faerie - Tai - and her human friend - Sylva - walked back from training. Jahalion and a young girl walked by, laughing and eating ice cream. Tourach came in, her face hooded. The sun went down, and Ernestor was in dusk. Still Coltras sat. The night was growing dark. A stray dog loped up, sniffing around the tavern. Then, suddenly it changed - it grew into a man with blue and red skin and a dim fire instead of hair. Coltras stood up, and the man startled at his presence.
    "You are Kift," remarked Coltras. "I am Coltras Drasonkai." He held out his hand.
    The efreet cautiously shook his hand. "Indeed I am Kift. How do you know me? No one else has noticed me here."
    Coltras chuckled. "I can find things I need. I'm looking for a training partner. Will you meet with me at the training grounds tomorrow at 6:00?"
    "Maybe I will," said Kift. The two walked back into the tavern together as the stars appeared.
  • @TenebrisNemo how much will story affect tomorrow’s decisions
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/eleron-thunder-sentinel

A sudden clap of thunder rung out in the tavern. The door slammed open revealing a man in knights armor and a cape who walked through the door.
  • @DoctorFro Quote from TenebrisNemo: "When the day comes, a knockout competition will occur and the best 16 champions will be chosen to fight in the tournament. That's why you shouldn't put too much work on your stories now, because no matter how much and how well you write, card design comes first. Everything you write on this stage is just bonus and may work as a tiebreaker. "

Hope that helps.
  • @barchae unless theres 32 people
  • ( @kandra127 - According to my list, there are exactly 31 champions registered. If we do not get 1 more champion in 11 hours, it's going to be 16 champion's tournament.

In 11 hours, the tournament will no longer accept new champions and the knockout competition will occur. )
  • Please...is sorinjace/Aryanf in it
This discussion has been closed.