WinnerIsTheJudge (Week 5) "Choose a card name" (Closed)

OFFICIAL 'WinnerIsTheJudge' RULES:
1) This contest will last exactly one week.
2) Limit of 2 entries max per person. Cards can be swapped out any time before the contest ends.
3) No old cards.
4) Top 3 winners will be announced, whose names shall be forever engraved in the HALL OF FAME
5) After the contest is judged, the first place winner gets to decide what the next weekly challenge is and become the new judge. So only enter if you are willing to host the next challenge.

Check out all WinnerIsTheJudge challenges:
http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/search?Search=WinnerIsTheJudge

This week's challenge is all about cards which choose card names.

Examples:

imageimageimage

Rules:
1. Cards can be edited and switched out before the due date.
2. No broken joke cards, but humor can be involved.
3. Credit the artist if possible. I may not look favorably on cards with the unknown artist.

Criteria
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, creativity and flavor.

Prizes:
1st Place
- 3 favorites of my choice.
2nd Place
- 2 favorites of my choice.
3rd Place
- 1 favorite of my choice.

The top 3 winners will also get a legendary -TROPHY-

Post your entries before the contest's due date, which is 26th of April 2018.

If you need help on posting images/links, check out this guide:
Brief guide to uploading linked pictures/images in comments! (W/ Visual Aid)

Comments

• For a second I thought this was a repeat from an earlier tournament because of a card I submitted to the "Choose one that hasn't been chosen" (Not an entry)
  • edited April 2018
    Here's my first Entry

The name for the card comes from this thread. I figured I'd use as a shout out. http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3476/fronteria-the-wild-west-world#latest
  • edited April 2018
    My second and final entry for this contest.

A mana rock that copies the named spell, but can only be for mana for used toward casting said spell. I figure cards like nevermore prevent you from casting a spell. This just makes it so opponents probably won't want to give you free copies of said spell. If their hands are tied, they just might or in a group game someone might say screw it, and let you go wild heh.
  • edited April 2018
    imageimage
  • edited May 2018
  • edited April 2018
    A callback to an age gone by:

• edited April 2018
    (Not an entry.)
  • Three days left 'til due date!
  • edited April 2018
    I think this the earliest name a card spell in the game.

Back when Enchant world was a thing heh. Concordant Crossroads and this were only ones I think I ever played, such an underused mechanic that never went anywhere. Ultimately it's much better younger sibling showed up.

These are real cards, not entries. Thought might serve as inspiration and a shameless bump since I did my two.

• Enchant World was a lot of work for a little payoff. Kind of like Tribal cards. Still, I played in the days of Enchant Worlds, and I miss them.
  • This contest ends around this time tomorrow.
  • This contest is now closed for judging.
  • edited April 2018
    It is time!

• @Lastjustice - I know that artist, I've wanted to create a kithkin card from that piece for a while now. Haha!
  • edited April 2018
    I just thought people should post something to show it's done, as a trademark thing hehe. They know it's really done then. That said, there's alot of fun Poppy Art if you want make a bunch of hammer wielding Kithkins as I looked thru a bunch of hammer cards to find one I liked.
  • *dies from suspense and turns into one of King @TenebrisNemo 's undead minions.
  • @Lastjustice - I will judge this one out when I have time. Right now the tournament has kept me busy in this site.
  • It's cool man, life happens, I just remind people stuff ...or am really pesky, take your pick.
  • Judging Results

When an unfinished contest constantly haunts your mind, I think it's high time to judge it out. Seven entries isn't much, but still enough to determine three winners. And these cards weren't bad at all!

3rd place!
    Sword of Destiny by @bnew7!

You've forged the theme and design of this weapon pretty well!
    - 1 favorite of my choice has been given to your account!

2nd place!!
    Mystical Observer by @TheCenterOfTheUniverse!

A lovely wizard's companion who watches over you!
    - 2 favorites of my choice have been given to your account!

1st place!!!
    Ban Announcer by @Faiths_Guide!

The card which banned all other feelings from me except admiration. Neat design and stylish flavor!
    - 3 favorites of my choice have been given to your account!
    - You get to host the WinnerIsTheJudge (Week 6)!

imageimageimage

Congratulations to the three winners! Thank you everyone for participating and for your 7 entries! Forgive me for not judging this earlier. Please do not send deathtouch assassins after me...

@Corwinnn - May you close this so it won't haunt me anymore?
  • Absolutely!

Congrats to @Faiths_Guide and ALL the other winners!
This discussion has been closed.