(FoS) Fateshifted Mechanics #1: Let’s Go Ballistic!

Skip to the bottom for the challenge if you’re in a hurry!

Hello everyone. It will be a little while before I can become as active as I want to in the community (job + can’t use the site when dad’s using the Xbox, which is pretty much any time I have free time). However, while I have a spare moment to disgrace you with my presence, I have come up with Fateshifted mechanics for my not-so-dormant casual multiplayer set Fall of Smiths! As the multiverse spirals into chaos, different events from different timelines clash, and as such, many mechanics make an appearance in the set, some from MTG’s past, some from Cardsmiths, and some “fateshifted mechanics” never seen before...

The Challenge: Make one, two, or three cards using the Fateshifted mechanic Ballistic from my casual set Fall of Smiths!

Variant 1:

Ballistic (cost) ([cost]: This creature gains reach until end of turn. Activate only once each turn.)

Variant 2:

Ballistic # (cost) ([cost]: This creature gets +#/+# and gains reach until end of turn. Activate only once each turn.)

Example:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ready-the-ballistas

Remember! Good cards get the ultimate reward; a favorite, their card featured in the set, and maybe even a follow!

Comments

• Anyone wanna take a swing? I can give some more examples if you’d like!
  • edited May 2018
    I had deleted it because I wasn't happy with my card. I'll make another one asap :)
  • I will work on this!!
  • edited May 2018
  • Oops. Looks like your card is gone, @sorinjace!

I will make another example soon enough. Internet constraints means I don’t get much time to sit down and actually use this site :/
  • edited May 2018
    @Tommia:

I hope this is utilizing the Ballistic ability correctly. I didn't like variant 2 as much as variant 1.
  • @sorinjace Sorry for the month late response, but that is a great use of ballistic!

As for everyone else, if no more people show interest, this challenge will end and the next one will begin.
  • @Tommia good to see your back!
  • Sorry I have frequent hiatuses. It’s all about balancing when I can access the internet and when I’m not working.
  • No worries i get it @Tommia. youve been with the site for awhile it looks too!
  • I’ve been with MTGC overall since the Nyx block if I’m correct, just not always as Tommia...

Yeah. It’s been a long time.
  • edited July 2018
    Here is my entry!
  • @pakashara I didn’t think about that! Nice one!
  • Everyone else who is interested has until the 7th to enter. If no one enters by then, I’ll wrap this up.
  • Looks like there’s the end of that. Thanks to those that entered, but I’d like this contest closed.

Don’t worry! If you want to enter part two, come over here!

forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3751/fos-fateshifted-mechanics-2-a-tragic-fate
This discussion has been closed.