Comments

• edited May 2018
    Heya!

• edited May 2018
    Tuesday, May 12
    Challenge: Choose one--
    - Create a Whale creature card.
    - Create a Vehicle that's a train.
    Rewards: Favorites on your two most recent cards!

A whale? Cool!

• edited May 2018
    Wednesday, May 16
    Challenge:
    The next circuit challenge I may propose to the admins will be to create a new creature type called Homodeus. They are basically cyborgs - half human, half robot, though most of them appear to be predominantly humanoid robots. They are colorless creatures (use the land template like you do with Eldrazi creatures) that require colored mana to be cast. The only overarching theme with Homodeus other than the fact that they can be cast with any color of mana and they are all colorless (use the land template) is that they tend to do well in pairs (as in mini combos amongst any two Homodeus) and their leaders provide benefits for each Homodeus. Homodeus may have one possible mechanic: Ally - When [creature's name] enters the battlefield, if you control another [same creature type] or reveal one from your hand, [effect]. The idea of Homodeus stems from Homodeus in the game Shards of Infinity. Here is my example card:

Today's challenge is to submit a prototype card for a Homodeus creature. I want to get an idea for how much work I need to put into organizing the description of Homodeus for the circuit challenge.

Rewards: To be determined.
    Yesterday's Winner: @Scott_Anderson
  • Thank you! It’s nice when a vanilla creature can win. Cards don’t have to be mechanically elaborate to be interesting pieces of art, I don’t think.
  • @jpastor there is already a mechanic called ally from Battle for Zendikar. Maybe another name would work better? I would suggest Network or Link (because of the cyborg theme) as replacements.
  • @bnew07 You are thinking of Allies... the creature type.. and/or the ability Rally
  • Ah you are right
  • Daily Challenge May 16–Homodeus Creature

• edited May 2018
    Wednesday, May 16
    Challenge: The next circuit challenge I may propose to the admins will be to create a new creature type called Homodeus.

It's technically May 17th here, but I started the card about an hour ago, during May 16th.

EDIT: fixed the card name and fixed the author name.
  • edited May 2018
    Thursday, May 17, 2018
    (1)-- Create a Wall creature.
    (2)-- Create a dual land with a coastline in the artwork.
    (3)-- Create a spell that buffs the toughness stat of a creature or creatures.
    Rewards: 3 favorites of my choice.
    Yesterday's Winners: @bnew07 @Scott_Anderson -- You both can each submit any old card that fits for these challenges today.
  • @jpastor I spelled the card name incorrectly. If I win today I will decline any prize. It should say COURIER asset. I conflated courier with carrier.
  • May 17th option 2- old card

• edited May 2018
    Thursday, May 17, 2018
    (2)-- Create a dual land with a coastline in the artwork.

• edited May 2018
    option 1:

• edited May 2018
    Friday May 18, 2018
    Challenge: Create a creature card that's a new subtype of Human. Old Cards Allowed
    Rewards: Something better than usual.
    Yesterday's Winner: @Scott_Anderson
  • @jpastor does this mean a creature type that has not been paired with Human yet (Plant human) or a human-like subtype (Neanderthal)
  • Human Berserker, Human Soldier, Human Monk, etc. These are existing Human subtypes. Make a new one.
  • Gotcha
  • Daily Challenge 5/18 - human gunslinger

• Thanks a lot @jpastor !
  • edited May 2018
    Friday May 18, 2018
    Challenge: Create a creature card that's a new subtype of Human. Old Cards Allowed
    Rewards: Something better than usual.

• Saturday, May 19, 2018
    Challenge: Submit any multicolored card you created in 2018.
    Rewards: A favorite on the submitted card.
    Yesterday's Winner: @bnew07
  • edited May 2018
    Alright, here's one.

• edited May 2018

A card I have great love for, but never got any attention.
  • I know you've seen this card before, but I like it.
    Should be an uncommon though.
  • edited May 2018
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 & Monday, May 21, 2018
    Challenge:
    Submit any card youve created with two or more custom mechanics from the year 2017 or 2018.
    Rewards: A follow.
    Yesterday's Winner: @destoyer153
  • Two custom mechanics on one card?
  • edited May 2018
This discussion has been closed.