Tournament 2

Comments

• Oh ok, sorry. I thought you had wanted me to post the next evolution of Shanka. Well since I just created her, I will post her here in a second. Hope you guys enjoy it.
  • edited May 2018

Shanka gets more and more actively involved in the cult that is Rakdos. So much so, that they use her as a messenger of sorts, in a manner of speaking, that is...
  • As Anna walked away from the stadium, she seemed to transform. Anna’s tears fueled rage for killing a treefolk like her opponent. Anna looked in hatred towards the stadium, vowing to plunder the secrets of it and please her master, Tamiyo. Anna received a message in her head.

I need to go research and fight in a battle. You’re on your own Anna.

• @shadow123 I like your Anna character, very nice! :)
  • Thank you!
  • edited May 2018
    People were looking strangely at Braekun as he ran between buildings trying to keep himself in the shadows.

"Does this city never get a nice cold day without sun?"

He continued down the streets in search for something that could cool him down. Some kids laughed at him and thought he looked funny as the white bear puffed his way forward. Braekun himself however could not think of anything else but his goal.
    At one occurrence he stopped at a water spot for horses and other mounts. He swooped a handful of water on himself. A horse that was drinking from that spot looked at him angrily as he continued down the street now rather wet.

The water in his thick fur evaporated in the warmth after just a couple of minutes but Braekun had finally arrived at a tavern in the downtown. He walked in. Inside where a crowd of large muscular fishermen and other workers. They became silent when they saw the large bear walk inside. One of the larger fishermen stood up at looked at the bear.

"We don't want your kind here. You only bring trouble."

Braekun who was too warm to care just walked pass him towards the barkeeper. The fisherman tried to prevent the bear but was pushed aside as if he was just a paperweight.

"What do you want?" Said the bartender.

Bearkun just pointed towards the stash behind the bartender.

"That'll cost you 80 silver coins"

Some of the other fishermen had now stood up and approached Breakun. The bear looked through his bag but he was 22 silver coins short. The fisherman from earlier knocked on Breakun's shoulder.

"Leave now or there will be trouble"

Braekun looked at the sailor with exhausted eyes. He looked at the others and then back to the first one. He chuckled a little.
    "Trouble? You?"

He looked at the barkeeper and back at the sailors.

"How about a fight? You all against me. The loser pays for the keg"

"No fights here inside!" Shouted the barkeeper.

The first sailor did not listen to him as he swung a wooden plank at Braekun. Braekun took the hit to his head without a flinch. He was disappointed that they could not fight inside so he took the sailors and threw them outside where they could fight but for some reason when they where thrown out they began to ran away. Breakun stepped outside. He was confused. Did they not want to fight after all? Humans are strange. One of the sailors had dropped a pouch with coins. Braekun took it up and happily returned to the barkeeper. He purchased the keg and then sat down in a corner behind some merfolk and sleeping construction workers.

Breakun ripped the top off the keg off and began drink it all. Cooled down he fell asleep with the keg on his head. He began to dream about his journey with Valeri.
  • Braekun's backstory - part 2

The warrior from a bear clan in the frozen continent of Anigrima had met a young cleric girl named Valeri whom where searching for the ancient city of the first mankind. The city of the valkyries, Englahem. Braekun saw an opportunity in this to seek battle vigor and wisdom which he needed to become a great warrior and maybe even more.

Braekun and Valeri had in the beginning been in the company of the humans from the camp but they split up after a little more than a week when they came to the great forest of Anigrima and the last place where plants and trees could survive the cold. From here on the land was barren of the cold and frost.
    They sat camp inside the forest during the last night. A pack of hungry wolves had found the camp but where scared away without too much trouble.
    However at the moment they leave the forest the following day their eventual opposition will consist of far more dangerous creatures than wolves. In the heart of Anigrima resides giants, dragons, elementals, golems and of course the valkyries and those closer to Englahem tends to be less friendly towards strangers.

The following day, Braekun and Valeri were wished good luck on their journey by the other humans. Braekun was still confused why they trusted him, a bear of Anigrima to guide and protect this young girl. Bears attacking humans were not the rarest of things that could happen but Valeri did not seem to worry, not even a little. When he thought about it. There were other strange things about this girl. She did not seem to be hurt or even much burden by the cold nor was the afraid of the monsters. Maybe she just great lot of protecting spells from both creatures and frost he thought.

The two traveled for days and weeks, across frozen lakes and mountains made entirely of ice. The cold became more and more intensive for each day as they made their way further north. It even became so cold that Braekun himself begun to feel the cold as unpleasant. Yet, even then did Valeri not bother by it. Some days they had to remain hidden in caves and temporary snow structures to avoid being seen by the frost giants and other beasts. They had not yet seen any valkyries, at least not anyone that resided in Englahem.

They had traveled farther north than any animal now. The provisions began to run thin, mostly because of Braekun. The weather was for the most part very calm, almost dead. At a few occasions a deadly blizzard would appear which forced the two to hide. Not even Braekun would be able to survive these blizzards for a longer time. He did however not know if Valeri would be able to. She had not even once been bothered by the cold even though the temperature must have reached as low as 80 or even 90 degrees minus during the day here. During the night the temperature could even go beneath three digits. Braekun sat and chuckled in the temporal quinzee. Valeri looked at him with question in her expression.

"When I was younger I dreamed of sometime in my life travel to the heart of Anigrima where Helgnir sleeps. Greathmother told me that it was beyond foolish as the temperature of Helgnir's death breath could reach temperatures so low as 250 degrees minus. Maybe even colder. I thought I was impermeable to all kinds of cold. Yet here I sit, covering from a cold far warmer than that."

He looked at Valeri. He asked her how she could be able to resist such extreme cold without a very very thick fur coat. Did she channel a powerful spell of warmth.
    She looked into the fire before she answered.

"I simply don't get cold."

Braekun nodded with a gentle yet a little foolish gesture before he went to sleep.

The morning thereafter Braekun woke up to the sound of wing slaps. He quickly went outside of the quinzee to search for the source. He looked around at the clear blue and yellow sky. Then he saw it. A valkyrie that flew on the other side of a large hill and then behind a mountain. Braekun ran towards the location. When he came beside the cliff, in the distance he saw it. The city of the valkyries, Englahem. Braekun became so eager to ran there that he almost forgot about Valeri. He turned around before he had went very far. He became shocked when he looked back towards the quinzee. It had collapsed.

Further at the side he saw Valeri trying to defend herself against three ice trolls. Braekun ran as fast as he could towards them. Why had he left her alone? He had been stupid and felt to his eagerness. He ran faster as a fire began to burn within him. A fury and desire to protect this girl he had been with for the last month. He ran on all his four and when he reached the trolls he took his axe high and cleaved straight through the first one. The other two turned towards him. Braekun took his claw and hit the left troll with such force that he broke its neck and Rib bones. The left one jumped onto Braekun slashing his head. Braekun, full with fury managed to take a hold of the troll and throw it down. Braekun took a large bite at the trolls neck causing it to bleed heavily. It died within seconds.

He ran to Valeri who lied down in the snow. He took her up but was surprised. She did not have a single wound on her body. She was completely unharmed. Braekun did not understand how it was possible but he was just happy to see Valeri unharmed. He begged her for forgiveness for his foolishness, which she did. Breakun was very happy.
    They gathered their stuff and then proceeded towards Englahem.
    A fire now burned within Braekun. He had found the vigor to fight with. Now he just lacked wisdom.

• Braekun woke up by someone kicking him in the side.
    He looked up and saw the sailors from earlier. This time however they had brought friends with them.
    Braekun who was still a little confused by the flashback dream, stood up and looked at the sailor right before him.

"You are a thief bear. Pay back the money you stole from me!"

Braekun had a much more serious expression on his face than he had during their earlier encounter.

"The conditions were clear. The loser payed for the keg. You lost human. Now move out of my way."

The sailors did not move. They held weapons of different kind in steady and ready hands. Most of the weapons were primitive tools but there were some with axes.
    The sailor raised his voice at Braekun that he would have to pay or they would get the guards on him.

Braekun felt the fire burn within him. Had it been there the whole time? Braekun would not take this threats from these small humans anymore. He took the closest sailor and threw him straight across the tavern. The other sailors attacked him but Breakun was far stronger than them. He took one of the sailors and slammed him into the others. After a moment there were only one sailor left standing. He was shaking as he looked around at the other moaning sailors.

Braekun just walked past him as he gave him the empty keg before he went outside.
    The sun had passed beneath the horizon but it was still quite warm. Too warm, Braekun thought but at least it was doable. He thought back at the dream he had earlier. Even how hard he tried, he could not remember anything thereafter. He did not remember if they even had reached Englahem. In fact. He did not remember anything from after that and before he had entered this world. The fire had returned to him by the dream but what else had he forgotten since then?
    When he thought about it. He was not even completely sure why he was here. He only knew that he had a strong desire to win this tournament. He just doesn't know why.

Maybe if he win the next match he will find out.

• I hope he finds out, one way or the other!
  • I thought I already did.
  • edited May 2018
    Krim, the Scarred should be buried somewhere. I only posted a link though, so it's easy to miss.
  • @shadow123
    I didn't think I was in this game. I'm not good at English and it takes time to read/write long text, so I didn't check out this thread so often. I can make cards if you give me requests, but if I have to read long text, sorry but I'll decline your invitation.
  • edited May 2018
    @NokiSkaur page6 I think
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/quincy-the-abbey-of-the-cat

You have to evolve this character since it won the fight. The evolved form should be 5CMC
  • Round 1
    Zidrux - VSSS -VERSUS- Teras - DoctorFro
    Jusilred - Chasmfiend -VERSUS- Quincy - modnation675
    Krim - NokiSkaur -VERSUS- Hara - Shadow123
    Farrah - Corwinnn -VERSUS- Guellam - DoctorFro
    Saeclum - Chasmfiend -VERSUS- Aiden - Monokuma15
    Shanka - sorinjace -VERSUS- Cloros - logiecrokie
    Temah - Blueant -VERSUS- Braekun - Jonteman93
    Anna - Shadow123 -VERSUS- Iashio - Yro
    Round 2
    Teras - DoctorFro - Entered
    Quincy - @modnation675 -
    Krim - NokiSkaur - Entered
    Farrah - Corwinnn - Entered
    Saeclum - @Chasmfiend -
    Shanka - sorinjace - Entered
    Braekun - Jonteman93 - Entered
    Anna - Shadow123 - Entered
  • Let’s go
  • @Tomigon - I guess you don't have to make a card for this one!
    XD
  • Oh, shoot! I meant @modnation675.

Sorry for the inconvenience @Tomigon.

I was thinking ok Quincy is @modnation675 types @ - t - o - m - i- g - o- n. After Tomigon’s post, checks post, yup, Tomigon’s card. Sorry @tomigon.
  • The 26th is here.

How should we do with the matches?
    Should @modnation675's and @Chasmfiend's matches be postponed to after the other matches or should we just wait?
  • I like postponing them to the last matches... and if they don't post new cards, their opponents get the WIN!!
  • @kandra127 What do you think? Should we wait, postpone their matches or another solution?
  • sorry guys i will do the matches tommorow
  • they will fight each other last
  • @kandra127 Will the tournament continue?
This discussion has been closed.