Cards of MtgCardsmiths: The Saga Continues

Comments

• edited May 2018
    @Teacup, I like horses, and Pegasus was a favorite of mine as a kid. Among the fantasy movies I watched back then in the 80s, Dragon Slayer, The Dark Crystal and Clash of the Titans, which I had a toy Pegasus I was always knocking the tail off since I'd hold it by it when I pretended it was flying.(Which my mom would put back together for me.) Me and Pegasus go way back heh.

I also appreciate you made it work toward Tomigon's contest of Your Saviour is here if you hadn't already entered it( http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3609/your-savior-is-here/p2) and you included one of my mechanics on it Aegis. Always cool when a card crosses multiple layers. Edit: You really should enter your card for that too.

A bonus round..

A special thanks to you Teacup, and everyone else for just being good to each other today.
  • edited May 2018
    @Tomigon You've been good at coaching me since I became more activate on this site in a variety of ways. You share your views without being overbearing, which some people just don't not have a knack for. You try understand why people make the choices they do so you can help them further rather than just tell them their ideas are dumb and dismiss them heh. (May be they are, but you give them a chance to prove their stance.) So with those kind words about how great you are, I created a tyrant monster on your behalf lol. (at your request of course.)

I put the name split so it's like Ruric Thar, where heads each have their own names. http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=442205

Wish granted, @Tomigon!

Although I still don't know why you would dislike the best colour combination in the multiverse. Everybody knows UW is vastly superior to everything... ;) ;)
  • edited May 2018
    Speaking of keeping balance...

@Corwinnn , Your job keep this place from going nuts, so I made a card all about being the fun police and stopping degenerate things. He bans creatures from the battlefield hehe. I thought I'd give you a more serious card that wasn't the usual theme.

I left off the reminder text for this. Resist Red(Prevent all damage from a red source dealt to this creature.)

(I resisted to the urge make a card called Corwinnn, Breaker of Nuts)

@Faiths_Guide

I am circling back around on my breaker cycle for people I've done less serious cards on. I knew I was going make someone the breaker of enchantments, I just wasn't sure till I got to this card.

This where the cycle is at (ironic it's one thing that's not being broken hehe.)

Breaker Cycle
    -Non-Black
    WRU-G* Rey Tera/Demons
    RGW-U* Tatyana/Dragons
    -Non-Red
    WUG-B* Kik-Ash/Relics
    BUG-W* Corwinn/Chaos
    -Non-Green
    BWU-R* Tomi Gon/ Realms
    RWB-U
    -Non-Blue
    RGB-W
    GBW-R* Faith/Curses
    Non-White
    RBU-G* ???????
    RUG-B* Kaya/Truths

I wonder who that ?????? is? I have two spots left in the cycle, so you like pick me! Pick me! I will see if I can make you RWB-U or RGB-W.
  • edited May 2018
    @Lastjustice:

Well, somebody had to show you some love. You are one of the cardsmiths that make it fun to come on here in the 1st place and I tell @Dechujoh64 I feel your guys's styles are very similar, but I feel like we got a connection as well (how old are you BTW?) I enjoy reading your stories you share as well. Keep on being @Lastjustice. :)

This was partially influenced by @TheCenterOfTheUniverse's spirit with bestow. I noticed you've been cranking cards out for peeps so I tried to make this a "hug" card while still rewarding it's controller/owner. Hope you like it! Celisat has the word "last" in it from your username. Its influence goes back to the gremlins you made for me. :)
  • @Sorinjace oh Mr ?????? strikes first! (refer to previous post if you don't know)

Thanks man. I am slightly older than you as I'm in my late 30s. I talk too much, as I feel like I somehow went from being Hotrod to Kup in the blink of an eye heh.(Granted most my family are motormouths, my father the man who used call himself the Legend was the biggest offender.) Thankfully I don't look old yet. If I shave people still think about carding me. I just keep telling myself "This lion is keeping his mane." being a Leo as I still have my hair. I have be ready if Marvel ever wants make a height accurate from the comics Wolverine after Disney buys Fox heh.
  • @Teacup
    Your cards are some of the most heart warming cards which always makes me smile.
    So when I found this artwork it reminded me of you so I just had to make a card for you with it. I hope you like it.
  • @Jonteman93 Sandara is one of my favorite artists to use for cards! I literally just got done using art by Sandara for a card I was working on for the blast from the past contest X) it's cool to see other cards with Sandaras art.

@Lastjustice that is so cool. I'm not alone! Lol.
  • edited May 2018
    @Sorinjace Oh here's this card as preordained!

I wanted to do a more serious card since my gremlins I made were somewhat jokey. So I made a Vampire Lord, and used these abilities

Humanslayer (Whenever this creature assigns damage to a human, it deals double damage instead.)

Supremacy 2 (Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature turn dies, put two +1/+1 counters on this creature.)

Oh and it looks like @Jonteman93 just volunteered to be part of this!
  • @Lastjustice whoohoo! I'm a knight, that sounds beastly. I like this card! Thank you so much! Grixis is my "supervillains" commander deck color too, mwahaha. I dig it.
  • edited May 2018
    Glad you like it @Sorinjace, I knew I had make sure I got you for one of the combinations that had UB in it, so that seemed like the best choice.

@Jonteman93 I said you were next, and it happened..

The ultimate hero of the underdogs, and one to bring down tyrants. Why I used Fanart from Suikoden 3, the Firebringer, the Immortal Rebel leader of the grasslands.(Lastjustice used play alot of Jrpgs years ago.) The Suikoden series is all about uniting the ragtag groups and overthrowing corrupt leaders.

• @Lastjustice @KalamMekhar Thanks a bunch!

Lastjustice That's a fun idea! Next time I find two headed monster art I'll name it like that. And thanks for words of compliments. That means a lot.

KalamMekhar Very interesting effect! I like coin flip cards! P.S. I don't dislike WU. I enjoy beating WU. I'm basically 0 deaths against WU and whenever I defeat a WU player they go cry to their mama.
  • @Tomigon...opps you wanted to scourge WU not be blue and white heh. I totally misread that. I thought it was odd you'd want those colors but I was like sure thing Tomigon-san! That would probably made making the card easier to work more natural colors to that end heh.

@Valoth I haven't seen you in a bit, but I thought I'd get you a card since I never made a creature for you. Hopefully you will see this soon.

• @sorinjace Yeah!
    I haven't used her artwork very much yet but I see much potential in future card with her art since it gives a more relaxed feeling than many other more serious artists' work.

@Lastjustice Nice! Thanks! ^^
    I have a Suikoden game for the nintendo ds. I haven't gathered myself together to play it yet but I should probably give it a go in the near future :)
  • @Jonteman93 suikoden tierkreis is not the best of the series, I assume that's what you mean. It's not a bad game, it's really different from the rest. It's a spin off story to the main series as Konami has a knack for creating mythos that are easy to write into a corner. In castlevania, they made so Dracula only appears once every hundred years, so only so many centuries he can show up in before you need retcon alot.

In Suikoden the main series has the 27 true runes, and takes places in a different land/continent each time. There's only so many governments to overthrow in the same world and True runes that make sense for the main character to have(The Main character always gets one).The first 3 games happen in chronological order, so alot of the cast reappears or their family members as the timeline 15 years or so from 1 to 3.

4 is when they started taking steps backwards. 3 tried alot of new ideas, and some were met with mixed feelings. I ultimately feel 3 has the strongest story, as it builds up elements of the first 3 games and adds alot of depth to things. It's nice that leveling up your army actually helps for the tactical battles, and the story splits into multiple points of view to give use to the fact these games have 108 characters. (each game has the 108 Stars of Destiny.) Some found the fact you replay some scenarios alot and have backtrack often a turn off, but I find it ultimately has a pay off that makes it all worthwhile

4 they just got scared and reverted the game into a less fun version of the first game as they threw the baby out with the bathwater of what 3 did right. (like giving use skills to customize our characters.) 4 was also a prequel to the first game by 100 years or so. (there's still like a handful characters that are familar faces.) which was off putting in ways, especially since you got bonuses always before for having played the previous games and the data carrying over. (I felt like they should given you the Firebringer as a secret character for beating 3, was a total misstep to include nothing.) The game also was set in an island nation, so you had always travel by sea which they had massive encounter rate.(Which your HQ was normally a castle, in this it's a huge ship.) You even got attacked in towns, which who thought that was a good idea.

5 they tried win people back but the damage was done. 5 atleast took place closer to the main timeline, and involved chaarcters from previous games.(which a bunch of them are in part 2, the critical darling of the series, most will say is the best.)

So when tierkreis came out they decided to just reboot it, and set this dimension hopping story. The game is fully voiced, and some people hate the fact the main character talked, I personally find it odd when the main character of an army is freaking mute heh. Especially in a game where everyone else talks alot. The game has the dialogue sped up so the main character is a fast talker due to tech limituations. This game has an interesting conflict if you do give it a chance. The villains do some impressively vile stuff as I blown away by the lengths they go to win.

The Cons, money is earned in a more realistic but annoying way. You need collect pelts or whatever animals drop to trade places rather than critters just drop gold. Characters are really easy to miss permanently. The tactical battles aren't really in the game unlike the main series where it moves between 3 modes of conflict. Lastly, there's a fair number of unwinnable battles. Never start off blasting bosses with your best spells. Wait and see if you can harm the boss. If it's unwinnable, you will know in the first 2 rounds usually. I wasted MP on those and it annoyed me.

It's a shame we will probably never see Suikoden 6. The main series had set up several threads that we won't see come to an end. Such as these two rival black knights who fight each other across the games, we still don't know what the heck their deal is. (It's implied their both some sort of supernatural beings/demons.)
  • aw guys I am speechless because all of really sweet words and all amazing cards. Thank you so so sooo very much.
  • edited May 2018
    @Jonteman93:

Don't think that I haven't noticed your cards, you've been a supportive fella for quite some time now to other cool cardsmiths I follow on here as well, and I noticed you gave me a follow, so I wanted to do something for you in return. Hope you like the card I made of you for you!

• @sorinjace Thank you very much for your kind words ^^

I like your card very much. I always love to see other people's interpretations of me made into cards. Sometimes I think they fit really well. Other times I turn blue somehow, hahaha.
  • I feel like I need to run around and smash stuff now @Lastjustice - Hulk Style!
  • edited May 2018
    That's what hammers are for @Corwinnn. I got the name from the weapon called the Chaosbreaker, the Ultimate weapon in the first Shining force game. It's swords of light and darkness forged into a single weapon to defeat evil. I thought the ban hammer was more fitting tool.
  • edited May 2018
    @Lastjustice Here is a new one for you. (Your name is in Kyrgyz)

If there is a breaker spot left open, May I have one, Please?
    If not that is fine.
  • @Phelgming
    I noticed a lot of your cards were arrest/oblivion ring effects, so why not double them?
    Honestly, the Prowess is just to make it WU, as a mono-white Vedalken would be really weird.
    I hope it passes your requirements for balance.
  • edited May 2018
    The cycle is complete, just reposting as a complete set.

Valoth / Jonte93 / Sorinjace

image image image

Faiths_Guide / Corwinnn / Tomigon

image image image

Teacup / RayEarthIX / KickAsh
    image image image

Aryanf

Breaker Cycle
    -Non-Black
    WRU-G* Rey Tera/Demons
    RGW-U* Erica/Dragons
    -Non-Red
    WUG-B* Kik-Ash/Relics
    BUG-W* Corwinn/Chaos
    -Non-Green
    BWU-R* Tomi Gon/ Realms
    RWB-U* Jonte/Tyrants
    -Non-Blue
    RGB-W* Valoth/Spirits
    GBW-R* Faith/Curses
    Non-White
    RBU-G* Sace/Humanity
    RUG-B* Kaya/Truths

We will see what fun cycle happens next as I am all about pairing stuff or making a set of some sort. I will dial back making any more cards for any people here for the moment, till inspiration strikes or another contest about it pops up.I will however make more upon requests for anyone who wants one, or just feels another poster could use some love.

Sorry the cycle was already @Dechujoh64 , I will make sure whenever I do something else, that I include you on that.

I also I put all the cards for people here in a single set. https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Lastjustice/sets/30977?page=1
  • edited May 2018
    It was only a matter of time before I started creating cards that help explain my prizes in my Mystery Box Challenges. I thought I'd start with one that's themed after another cardsmith: @Aryanf

Aryanf's Hugs
  • edited May 2018
    Well, @Lastjutice I am going to HOLD YOU TO YOUR WORD.
    NEVA! got a chance at a 50/50 shot at something from someone else who has commented here.
  • edited May 2018
    I don't know who this Lastjutice guy is, but I keep my word @Dechujoh64.

I decided I'd make a card for you as I had a fun idea to make an extremely hard kill creature that was still fair. So I brought in one my mechanics and made a card off that concept. Picked art that sorta looks like you based off the cards you posted.

• edited May 2018
    I made this for @Valoth:

I had the word 'jund' in the name but it wouldn't fit well when I went to edit the cards rules text box, so I changed it up a little. Hope you like it.
  • Guys, come on. There is a reward for submitting the featured smiths.
This discussion has been closed.