Tournament of Champions 2 (The game has begun)

Comments

• ( @pjbear2005 - Hmmm... I would say it's present time. The tournament world and the world of Eternstor aren't strictly connected to other planes as much as they are connected to each other. Why do you ask?

@Everyone - I wouldn't like it if people drag many existing characters of MTG into this tournament. And even though planeswalkers are cool, they are a huge NO! Try to understand that it would be better if those involved in the tournament aren't capable to jump between planes freely. It takes away their solemn connection to the world around them... in most cases. )
  • Note taken but my story doesnt have any planeswalkers in it so im fine
  • edited May 2018
    @TenebrisNemo: maybe you could have this plane be a reverse-Ixalan, in the sense that walkers can't enter, and the only point of entry is whatever planar portal is being used to get the contestants in.

That should keep the walkers out.
  • U mean a reverse sol sun or whatever that was bc Ixalan wasn’t why kept the walkers in it was the artifact
  • An inverted Immortal Sun, yes.
  • ( @KalamMekhar - Well, if everybody wants it, then they'll get it. I see no problems in that idea. )
  • @TenebrisNemo would it be okay if Katha decided she wanted to stay and watch the rest of the tournament
  • ( @Jaxtheduck - She is allowed to stay in Eternstor as long as she wants, but there will not be a place for her in the ship that brings 16 remaining contestants to the tournament city... Unless someone shares one. )
  • @TenebrisNemo

So there are no actual planewalkers in it but can you mention a known planeswalker?
  • edited May 2018
    Looking over the ravage done to his hometown, Ronnie knew this was the work of giants. “That’s all what is left of Slowshire.” The captain remarked. “Come, best not to dwell too long here. Most of the people got out and have been evacuated to the capital.” “What about my mother?” Ronnie looked at the captain with a worried look in his eyes. “She’s alive.” A sigh of relief escaped his lips. The captain looked away. “Come let us continue.”

Arriving at the capital, things were even rowdier than usual. Refugees from all over the countryside were gathered here temporarily, till a solution had been found to deal with the rampaging giants. “Can I go visit my mother?” Ronnie asked. “I’m afraid it’ll have to wait Ronnie, we have precious time to spare. Tensions are running high here and we need to solve this as soon as possible.” The captain nodded to one of the guards as they were walking by. Arriving at the barracks the captain left him and joined the other officers in the war room. Some time passed, a little under an hour Ronnie guessed, and the meeting was over. The officers came out, “We have a plan.” The captain exclaimed to him. “According to our information one mean giant is behind all this. He has set up camp north-west of here. If we can stop him, the others should lose direction and scatter back to the mountains.” The captain looked a bit pleased with himself. “This should be easy, only one target. You ready for this Ronnie?” Ronnie nodded and they went to assemble the team.

• Eleron was in the woods training for his match. He enjoyed all the thunder and lightning and felt almost ready for his match.

As he struck through the trees with blasts of lightning and blows from his sword he felt the rumbles of thunder and was relieved and remembered that this would be a controlled match.
  • ( @pjbear2005 - I don't know what you mean. )
  • (@TenebrisNemo As in if characters talk about them or mention them)
  • ( @pjbear2005 - Of course, if the characters somehow know those planeswalkers. )
  • Ooooooh a fire thing versus a merfolk
  • edited May 2018
    Seventh Match - Preparations

The next morning after the sixth match was sunny. Only a few white clouds sailed in the sky. All contestants had been awakened by Sir Killian, and they were doing their daily routines. The tournament hosts were preparing for the seventh match, where Kift the efreet and Mettir the merfolk would fight. Coltras Drasonkai and Kift were sitting at a wooden table in the city library. Bright sun shined through the great windows as Coltras was reading books about Eternstor.

"Listen to this," Coltras said to Kift, who was sitting calmly and making sure his flames wouldn't touch any books. "'Eternstor was built 109 years ago, when the human kingdom of Terdea sent conquerors around the Great Blue Sea. They found a land, where humans haven't been before. In this land dwelt unprecedented animals and the ancient tribes of merfolk and elves. Port town Eternstor was built on the location, where the humans landed their ships for the first time. As they explored the rocky shores and dense forests, they found natural riches, which were considered sacred by these tribes. When the humans wanted to make use of these riches, the tribes stopped them, claiming that it would be blasphemous for their gods. But the king of these humans didn't listen to these people, which he deemed inferior. He ordered his soldiers to take the riches to their capital across the sea and slaughter anyone who would dare to stand in their way...'"

Coltras turned his head to look at Kift, who didn't seem interested in this particular history lesson. Then the efreet turned his head to get a better look at the book's title, which was "History of New Terdea."

"Tell me," Kift said in a calm, yet eerie tone. "What does the book say about the deserted town, where the fourth match was held?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I heard my match would be held there today."

The merfolk browsed the pages of the book until he found a chapter with the title of "Destruction of Salaxum." Then he looked at the drawn picture beneath the title, which had stone buildings similar to the ones in the deserted town. Coltras cleared his throat and began reading out loud.

"'The town of Salaxum was built 84 years ago as a haven for humans from the forest. It is believed that after the war against the tribes ended, the eldest trees of the forest had awakened and developed wills of their own. People had gone missing when they travel by night within the forest, so Salaxum was built. It served as a safe place for weary travelers, and a home for those who didn't want to live by the sea. Everything was fine until 58 years ago, when the citizens mysteriously disappeared from the town. It is not known for sure what happened. Those who once lived there moved on to the mountains next to the forest's borders, far away from Eternstor and Salaxum. They became hermits, and their tales differ from each other. Some say that the trees came through the buildings to claim the land that was once theirs or that living shadows arrived to take away all the light the town had. Either way, something terrible happened and the town was abandoned. Now only the black crows and other wild animals of the forest live within the ruins of Salaxum.'"

Kift stroked his chin for a while, then he stood up. "Thank you for sharing the book's information for me, Coltras Drasonkai."

"Any time," the merfolk said and continued to read the book after Kift had left the table and walked outside from the library.

Meanwhile, Ding Mettir was sitting silently at another table behind a bookcase between him and Coltras. He had heard every word the two other contestants had said, and tried to think of how this information could be used to claim victory in the match.

( @Faiths_Guide & @kandra127 )

When the merfolk rogue was about to leave the library as well after a minute of pondering, he heard the dwarf's loud announcement on the streets outside.

"The match between Kift the efreet and Mettir the merfolk will be held at the deserted town in two hours!"
  • [ @TenebrisNemo, That book is inaccurate unless it was written the same year it was read. ]
  • ( @Faiths_Guide - Worry not, it's the latest edition! )
  • [ @TenebrisNemo, Maybe so, but it'll need rewriting next year. ;) ]
  • ( @Faiths_Guide - You're right. Perhaps my explanation was rather poor, or perhaps there are some eager scholars in Eternstor, who are willing to update the book each year.

Or you could also believe that Coltras didn't tell the years of each event, but rather told Kift how long time ago they happened. )
  • @TenebrisNemo so since Katha is staying in Eternstor She can still interact with other characters right.
  • ( @Jaxtheduck - That's right. Even though your character may lose and be taken out from the tournament, they can still interact with other characters before their departure. )
  • Seventh Match - Beginning

Ding Mettir and Kift walked to their positions at the edge of the deserted town's plaza. Even though it was a bright day, the shadows of the buildings and the trees still seemed unnaturally dark. The tournament staff, the civilians, and the other contestants were in their usual positions at the wooden stands and nearby it. Once everyone had found their place, Sir Killian walked onto the podium, turned at the audience's direction, and began his usual speech, which ended at the same old saying.

"Our heroes will never die as long as we have faith in them!"

The tournament hosts, guards, healers, and many civilians repeated the same saying. Then Killian raised his right hand at Kift's direction.

"This efreet had traveled from a land of khans and dragons to compete in this tournament; Kift, Deceptive Flame!"

People clapped as Kift was presented. After that, Killian raised his left hand at the merfolk rogue's direction.

"This merfolk fights for the glory of his home; Ding Mettir of the Broken Coast!"

Another thunderous applause echoed in the deserted town as Mettir was presented. Then Killian turned to look at both fighters and raised his both hands in their direction.

"Let the seventh match begin!"
  • edited May 2018
    Kift blinked. Mere seconds passed, but he experienced time-unbound, trance-like. He opened his eyes. Kift knew how this first match was going to go.
  • Tai ran over to Pele’s motionless body. She was talking.

“Okay.”

Tai looked at the time. The seventh match already started! She ran and left Pele behind to heal, by accident of course. As she gazed at the contestants, she saw a Pyromancer, Kift.

I forgot Pele!

Tai turned to run, but a guard caught her.

“Why don’t you just stay in your seat?” The Gaurd said.

“This is urgent!”

He just waved her back to her seat and pulled out a dagger. Tai sadly flew back to her seat. She sat miserably wondering if Pele was okay.

“It’s for the better,” A Faerie startled her, “Pele’s story is hers to write, not yours.”

“Taz!”

“Why don’t we just watch the show?”
  • I will be gone for the next 4 days and I might not have internet so I guess I will see y'all in 4 days.
  • I’m at a worldwide tournament right now, been going on for 5 days! I’ll be back soon.
  • edited May 2018
    @TenebrisNemo

I have a question: Can my champion use a new spell for a specific match kind of like how Ronnie used the "Sure to Work Jammer" against Jaholion, except instead of using an artifact can he use a instant or sorcery?
  • edited May 2018
    [ @Iseebirds & @shadow123 - Alright. We'll see you later, then!

@bubbasnickey - Yes, your champions can use any noncreature, nonplaneswalker cards in their matches. However, only the champion, the signature cards, and character influences will be counted for victory. Other cards are here only for flavor or storytelling purposes.

Before each match though, you're allowed to switch your signature card(s) to new ones. ]
This discussion has been closed.