Daily Challenge

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Two and Three:
    image image
  • edited May 2018
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018
    Challenge:
    Create a white Human Wizard. Old cards allowed.
    Rewards: You get to pick, judge, and provide example cards for the challenges for this weekend Fri-Sun.
    Yesterday's Winner: @Faiths_Guide
  • edited May 2018
  • edited May 2018
    Flavor text: "GO TO YOUR ROOM AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’VE DONE!”
  • edited May 2018
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018
    Challenge: Create a white Human Wizard. Old cards allowed.
    Rewards: You get to pick, judge, and provide example cards for the challenges for this weekend Fri-Sun.

• Wednesday, May 23, 2018
    Challenge:
    Create a card that destroys all of something.
    Rewards: ?
    Yesterday's Winner: @Scott_Anderson
  • edited May 2018
    Weekend challenges??

Think green, folks...
  • Daily 5/23 - spell that destroys all of something

This one got blown up in the mystery challenge so I am submitting it here.
  • edited May 2018
    Wednesday, May 23, 2018
    Challenge: Create a card that destroys all of something.
    Rewards: ?

• edited May 2018
  • Thursday, May 24, 2018
    Challenge:
    Create a creature with flanking (Whenever a creature without flanking blocks this creature, the blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)
    Rewards: 1 favorite of my choice
    Yesteryday's Winner: @bnew07
  • edited May 2018
    Thursday, May 24, 2018
    Challenge: Create a creature with flanking (Whenever a creature without flanking blocks this creature, the blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)
    Rewards: 1 favorite of my choice

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/inspirational-leader
  • edited May 2018
    Good morning and welcome to Green Weekend!

@Jpastor has given me the opportunity to assign the challenges this weekend, and they're all going to be in my favorite color: green!

In about 1996, I was playing in a PTQ for PT Dallas. It was Ice Age constructed. I was outside with another guy and he asked me what I was playing.

Guy: "So what are you playing?"

Me: "Forests."

Guy: "I'm so sorry."

And it's been that way ever since.

Now admittedly, green is now a viable color to play. It's as good as any of the others. But it's always been the weak sister in the pentagram. I love an underdog, so I always like playing it whenever I can. Now in my latter years, I've become a fan of Simic, Bant and Abzan/Junk, but there's always a little green in whatever I brew.

I've also never attended a Pro Tour.

Let this be a lesson to you: Friends don't let friends play green!

SO NOW THE FIRST CHALLENGE!

Frday, May 25, 2018
    Challenge: Create a creature with green in its color identity, that is less than 4 CMC, and can serve as your commander.
    Rewards: 3 favorites of my choice

Here are two examples:

image image
  • Friday May 25 - Green Commander
  • edited May 2018
  • @Scott_Anderson thanks for the tip, I fixed the broken link to the card and edited the Gnome Scout's second ability I thought it was severe as well so I brought it down to 5. I still want it to reward you for having him survive being out so long and it's 1st ability going off, while you may cast legendary cards you draw as well. Thanks again man!
  • @Scott_Anderson Excellent work dude, I have a busy weekend training and training people at my new job so this works beautifully. Will have an extra prize for your efforts at the end of this all!
  • edited May 2018
    Thank you for your entries everyone!

Friday's winner: @Bnew07 ! Grats!

It's late in the day here and there's no time for a story. Here is your

Oh heck, there's always time for a story.

In 1998, I lived in Phoenix Arizona. It was the hottest summer I ever spent anywhere except for that one time I spent the winter on the slopes of a volcano in Jund.

It was Mirage-Visions-Weatherlight-Urza's Standard and everyone was going crazy for Academy/Stroke of Genius.

So I played Tradewind Riders and Spikes. A glorious change! And it could still pack the requisite counterspells necessary to keep the combo from resolving (sometimes).

Anyway, time ran out on Tolarian Academy in January of 1998, but not before I bit the bullet and switched to monoblack Necro, a deck I helped to design for the environment along with some guys on the East Coast. I finashed top 8 at States (AZ), my best official finish ever. And not a lick of green. Boo!

Anyway, in honor of that stupid Necrodeck, I would like you to design something to give green some gas.

Saturday, May 26, 2018
    Challenge: create a green global enchantment that allows you to draw extra cards or very effectively filter the cards you do draw. Nothing crazy though.
    Rewards: 3 favorites of my choice

Here are two example cards:

image image

• SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

Guys, I’ve been relegated to posting from the mobile so I can’t give you any goodies at the moment.

But I do have a unique and difficult challenge for you today.

Sunday, May 27
    Challenge: create a green card WITHOUT A CONVERTED MANA COST. (ZERO IS A COST!)

How? That’s up to you!

Prizes: three favorites of your choice and three favorites of my choice!

Get smithing!
  • First off, I'd like to thank @KalamMekhar for the Reverberate mechanic. I will definately use this more in the future.

• Monday, May 28
    Challenge: Create a white spell that gains you life.
    Rewards: 1 favorite for each entry you beat.
    Yesterday's Winner: Up to @Scott_Anderson
  • edited May 2018
    Daily Challenge 5/28 - White spell that gains you life.

• edited May 2018
    May 27 winners: EVERYONE!

@JoeMoose and @bnew07 let me know which three cards you'd like me to favorite, and then I'll go favorite three more as well.

@jpastor thank you so much for allowing m this great opportunity!

Here is my example for yesterday:

• edited May 2018
    May 28 entry:

• Tuesday, May 29, 2018
    Challenge:
    Create a black spell that makes a player reveal his or her hand and discard a card or cards from it.
    Rewards: 1 favorite for each entry you beat + the option of running, creating challenges, and judging the daily challenges this weekend from Saturday - Sunday.
    Yesterday's Winner: @bnew07
  • @jpastor, can I post an older card?
This discussion has been closed.