Tournament of Champions 2 (The game has begun)

Comments

• After she woke up she realized that the match had already started so she ran to the match barely able to get in. When she sat down she told herself that she would have to tell Tai what happened earlier during their training fight.
  • edited May 2018
    TenebrisNemo, are you continuing the match?
  • ( @shadow123 - Yes. I'm busy during weekends, so I may not be around as much as usually. )
  • Ok, nice to know
  • Seventh Match - End

image VS image

Ding Mettir was on top of the stone buildings, jumping from a wooden roof to another. The audience could see as the merfolk rogue was being chased by another burning merfolk in the distance. Kift had transformed into Ding Mettir's clone and used Mettir's own abilities against him. On top of that, the efreet had his own fire tricks to burn away his opponent's shenanigans.

When Mettir had jumped onto yet another roof in hopes that Kift would not be able to jump after him, the merfolk tripped over. He turned to lay onto his back and saw as Kift easily jumped next to him. When the efreet did, the roof collapsed and both contestants fell into the dark stone building.

A moment after when they hit the floor, a silence filled the room. Kift's flames cast light around the room, which was full of broken furniture, junk, rusty weapons, armors, and bones. The efreet, who was still in the merfolk form, stood up and looked at his opponent, who was lying among the broken roof pieces. Ding Mettir had suffered from Kift's flames in this match and he was still unconscious after the fall.

Excellent. The victory is now practically mine.

Kift transformed back to his ordinary form, then he looked around. There weren't any doors nor windows in the large room, which would be pitch-black without Kift's flames and the sunlight, which came from the hole in the roof many meters above Mettir.

This is strange... It's as if this room was concealed a long time ago.

There were slash marks and old bloodstains on the stone walls. Then Kift could see how a tiny part of the room's darkness moved next to them. It went within an old knight's helmet and some other armor parts, which were on the floor. Slowly the darkness grew within them and started to take a humanoid form. Eerie breathing came from the tall thing as it was now standing before Kift and the unconscious Mettir. Fear crept into the efreet's soul, but he didn't let it overcome him.

"A living shadow of Salaxum...?"

Kift remembered what Coltras had read about the deserted town. Now he was facing a shade that was filled with decades of torment and lust for revenge. The tormented shade picked up an old greataxe from the floor with its slender, black hands, which grew larger as they gripped the handle of the heavy weapon. Kift's new enemy swung the destructive weapon at the efreet, who tried to block it with his own powers, but the shade's attack was incredibly crushing. Kift was struck to the floor, barely staying in one piece. Even though he was filled with pain, Kift's flames, both outer and inner, kept burning.

Before the shade could prepare for a finishing blow against the lying efreet, Kift transformed into a shade himself, looking almost like his opponent. They both channeled black mana at the same time as Kift stood up and the shade raised its axe. When the axe was about to hit Kift, he shot a beam of darkness from his hands. He was a shade temporarily, so doing this was rather easy. Kift had gathered more energy to his attack than his opponent, so he repelled the real shade's assault and made it explode back into the darkness.

With a sigh, Kift transformed back to his ordinary form and fell down onto his knees. He glanced at Ding Mettir, who was beginning to wake up. The merfolk rogue blinked and looked at the efreet, who was injured and low on energy. Mettir didn't have the energy to fight either, but seeing his opponent in that condition was surprising.

"Was the chase too much for you?"

Before Kift could answer, he heard as metal moved in the room's darkness. Both him and Mettir could see the shade, who was back to fight Kift again. Lots of energy radiated from the dark creature. Kift pointed at it with his finger.

"That thing... is too much for anybody."

Both contestants closed their eyes as the shade knight channeled its energy once more to its axe, and prepared to slay the efreet and the merfolk. But then a loud shot echoed in the room. Kift and Mettir opened their eyes and saw as blue lights flashed in the room. Acyros was standing before the two contestants and was shooting with his two handguns at the shade. The darkness of the room spiraled around the shade to keep it in one piece, but Acyros quickly kept shooting explosive energy bullets, and after a few seconds, the shade was no more. The axe fell onto the floor alongside the armor.

After a moment of silence, Acyros turned around and looked at the two contestants. They just looked at each other in silence. Mettir tried to read Acyros' mind, but the gunner just waved at the merfolk with his mechanical arm as a sign of "don't try." Then Acyros shot with his two guns at a stone wall next to Kift. The bullets blew a large hole into the wall, and the two contestants could see the plaza and the audience at the other side in the distance. Acyros put his guns into their holsters, walked outside, and gestured at the healers. They quickly went to help out Kift and Mettir. Sir Killian talked to Eetu, who had conjured a large water orb before the audience to show visions about what the contestants were doing. The merfolk wizard dismissed the orb and nodded at the knight. Sir Killian nodded back, walked onto the podium, and announced the winner of the seventh match.
  • Winner!

@Faiths_Guide

Kift's flames spread to the tournament's 2nd round! You may post his 2nd stage version here anytime before the undetermined deadline.

@kandra127 - Ding Mettir tasted defeat, but his journey is not over! You may post his later stages here and write how he brings glory to the broken coast!

The tournament bracket has been updated.
  • Eighth Match - Preparations

Koorir woke up in his room, where the bed was too small for the minotaur contestant. He tried to look at the morning sun through the window, but the light blinded his eyes. He got up, took his equipment, and prepared for another day in this "human town."

My match seems so far away. How can I be prepared for it when I can't kill things other than helpless animals of the forest?

The minotaur walked out from his room and down the stairs to the dining hall of the tavern. He didn't see any other customers there expect fellow tournament contestants with his tired eyes. Tavern maids were doing their usual business. Tai, Sylva, Nya, and Pele were already awake and eating breakfast at a large round table at the corner. Vir, Coltras, and Whistler were nowhere to be seen. They had probably already left to the library to read some books about magic or some other stuff, which would be too confusing for the simple minotaur. Koorir didn't give anymore thought to other contestants. He walked to the counter, gave a few coins to the tavern maid, took the bowl of soup from the smiling maid, then turned around to look for a place to sit.

Then the minotaur noticed an unfamiliar person sitting at a corner table at the other side from the other contestants. The man had a black top hat, goggles, and metal piercings on his face. He also had a red jacket with golden patterns, silk gloves, white walking stick, and white hair. Koorir walked at the other side of the table from that peculiar young man, and took a seat. The minotaur began to eat his soup with a little wooden spoon. Loud slurps came from his mouth as he continued eating the soup and staring at the man before him.

Why is he constantly smiling and looking at us?

The man with the top hat looked at Koorir's bowl. "I was having a peaceful meditation until I got unexpected company."

"What can you do about it? A tournament fighter needs to eat! Who are you anyway?"

After a chuckle, the young man reached his right hand at Koorir. The minotaur let go from the wooden spoon and shook the man's hand.

"My name is Philibert! Have you heard of me?"

Koorir let go from the human's hand, picked up the spoon from the bottom of the bowl, and shook his head as he resumed eating. The young man also shook his head and had a disappointed look in his eyes even though he was still smiling.

"That's a shame! I am a great circus ringmaster if I can say so myself. Maybe even the greatest in the whole multiverse! But right now I am a temporal tournament host here in Eternstor."

"What's a circus?"

Philibert was silent for a moment as he stared at the large minotaur, then he sighed. "You really don't know? The best way to learn about circus is to see one! But unfortunately my crew is somewhere else at the moment and..."

( @LGGisbert & @MrPirate89 )

Suddenly, everyone in the tavern heard the dwarf's loud announcement outside. "The match between Ra'qu-en the tiny god and Sunex the burning imp will be held at the lonely shores in two hours!"

The young man stood up and tipped his top hat at the minotaur. "Well, it was nice to meet you personally, Koorir. Judge Gaspar is expecting me now. We shall talk again!"

Philibert left the tavern and Koorir was sitting alone at the table while enjoying the rest of the soup with the soaked spoon.

• Eighth Match - Beginning

The weather was calm when Ra'qu-en and Sunex walked to their positions in the lonely shores. Then they both looked at the audience. The hosts were on their usual seats at the highest row of the wooden stand. Everyone else seemed to be on their positions as well. Kift looked around the arena from his seat. Acyros was nowhere to be seen, but this time the efreet believed that the gunner was most likely invisible and near the two fighters of this match.

Sir Killian walked onto the podium. "Welcome, audience, to the eighth match of the seventeenth tournament! After this match there will be eight matches left to be held in Eternstor. Seven contestants have fought their way to the second round, but we still need to see the winners of this and the future matches before we leave your hometown! The losers do not need to fear death, for as many of you already know; 'Our heroes will never die as long as we have faith in them!'"

Over half of the people in the audience repeated the same saying. Then Sir Killian raised his right hand at Ra'qu-en's direction.

"This chaos god fights in this tournament to regain its lost powers; Ra'qu-en, Promissory Doom!"

People clapped for the peculiar being. When it was over, Killian raised his left hand at Sunex's direction.

"A clever imp from a burning underworld, where the sinful get trapped in the afterlife; Sunex, the Scrounger!"

The people gave an applause for the burning imp, who was carrying the heart in his right hand. Then Killian turned to look at both contestants and raised his both hands towards them.

"Let the eighth match begin!"
  • Eighth Match - End

image VS image
    image_________________________image

Another fire explosion was seen in the arena as Sunex drew out the power of the heart in his hand and used it at Ra'qu-en. The tiny chaos god couldn't get a hold on to Sunex's soul, for it seemed as if he didn't have one. Disturbing his mind was no use either. Ra'qu-en, who got severe burns, was lying on the ground next to the sharp rocks and stared at his flying opponent.

"Of all the monstrosities of the worlds, why is a pesky imp able to stop my powers?"

Sunex didn't answer. Instead he closed his left hand into a fist, then Ra-qu-en could feel how its heart got crushed by a dark force of the imp. The chaos god was defeated, its lifeless body still lying on the sandy ground of the shore. Sunex flew away from the arena uninjured and the healers went to help out Ra'qu-en. Sir Killian walked onto the podium and announced the winner of the eighth match.
  • Winner!

@MrPirate89

Sunex plots his way to the tournament's 2nd round! You may post his 2nd stage version anytime before the undetermined deadline.

@LGGisbert - Ra'qu-en didn't win the match, but you may post his later stages here and write what it does after its departure from Eternstor.

The tournament bracket has been updated.
  • It never crossed my mind that Sunex didn't have a soul. If Ra'qu-en was matched up with pretty much anyone else he would have most likely won. It's interesting to think about what would have happened in the previous matches if the pairing was different.

@TenebrisNemo Is the person who wins the whole tournament the one to judge the next one like you are? Or can they ask someone else to judge it for them. Just wondering.
  • ( @pakashara - The person who wins the whole tournament can host the next one if they want to or they can ask someone else to host it instead. )
  • Thanks! That's nice to know.
  • edited May 2018
    After breakfast Nya began to walk out of the tavern towards the forest to go see where konus was. She had been training hard in the past few days, her vines were now much stronger, she with little effort could grow spikes on them, and had recently been practicing more with her white magic and could effectively disintegrate someone with a single beam. She looked back to her friends who were walking towards the training field.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a bit!" She said.

"Alright, we'll be waiting." Said Tai.

She walked to the clearing, konus was nowhere to be seen. She stood there and concentrated as hard as she could. She heard the vines snaking their way around her body, she felt them solidifying, and when she opened her eyes all around her was a suit of armor the size of a bear. She stood there for a moment. It is getting there, it still is not enough. She released her concentration and the vines fell away. She stood their in the clearing and thought about what winning this tournament would give her. Fame, glory, power. She wanted to win. She wanted it. To prove to her people that she was not an abomination, a monster, but a leader. She wanted to win. She needed to win. She then looked up and began to walk towards the training field. When she arrived Tai and Sylva where already in the midst of a heated battle. She pulled out her staff and waited for her turn, to show her friends what she had been doing, how powerful she had gotten.

@shadow123 @pakashara , your go
  • edited May 2018
    New Kift, and his new signature card:
    image image

(Instants, sorceries, and countered stuff will all enter the graveyard from the stack.)
  • can people still enter?
  • ( @Lichking245 - Nope, the game has already begun and the competing champions were chosen a while ago. Better luck next time! )
  • My match is number 15, correct?
  • Tai whirled around and knocked the hammer out of Sylva’s hands. Sylva just smirked. She pulled a small item out of her toolbelt and threw it at Tai. Tai quickly backed away from the small item puzzled with what it was. It started to shake.

I can’t let my curiosity get the better of me!

But it did. She got about ten steps closer and then a fiery explosion occurred. Sand was stirred up and fire surrounded the little Faerie. A shockwave followed driving her onto a wall of sand and flame. Tai got up dizzily.

“That was quite the battle,” Nya said.

“Yeah. Why don’t you get on Sylva’s case while I watch.”

Tai sat on the bench and fiddled with her powder. A small flash occurred blinding the three contestants. Tai took out her notebook and noted this down:

Red+White+Purple powder equals flash.

“C’mon Tai!” Nya complained, “I almost had her!”

And the battle continued...

( @Bobman111 your turn.)
  • DARN!
    Oh well,
  • i will post the rest of my stages and story soon
  • @shadow123 I will work on the story soon, I'm about to fly to California and will be busy but I will get to it soon.
  • Cool! I just got back from my tournament!
  • Nice! How did it go? It sounded really fun.
  • edited May 2018
    My team got 18th in the world!!!!!!! Yay! Let’s stop talking about this so that this thread doesn’t get spoiled.
  • Ninth Match - Preparations

The morning after the eighth match was calm. The sun rose into the blue, cloudless sky. It cast light upon the forests, the shores, the tavern of contenders, and the mayor's mansion. Judge Gaspar was sitting at his table within the mansion's large guestroom. He was looking at the list, where thirty-two contenders wrote their names before the start of the tournament. Then he took a quill, tipped it in inkwell, and drew a line upon Ra'qu-en's name. Same kind of line were on other defeated contenders' names in the list.

"Eight more matches and the first round is over. Sixteen contestants will be left and we can finally go back to Avelaide."

Suddenly, Gaspar heard as the door quickly opened and closed. He turned his head to see who came into the room, but he didn't see anybody. But then he saw as a small shadow quickly moved behind some pillars of the room. Gaspar, who was expecting the worst, stood up and put his right hand's fingers onto a dagger's handle, which was hidden under the table.

"I'm not moving anywhere," Gaspar said calmly and audibly to the being behind the pillars. "If you want to face me, then come over here."

Then that being jumped from behind his table onto the table. Gaspar slightly flinched, but then he recognized the person, who was tiny and quick enough to run around the room unnoticed. The bearded goblin quickly waved at the judge.

"I'm Lobberknot, and Lobberknot's me! Gyahahaha!"

Gaspar sat down onto his chair and sighed in frustration. "How did you get past the guards? All contestants know that I should not be disturbed on hours before a match!"

"Really? I did not know that! And I only saw boots of guards! Maybe because I am not tall enough to see their FACES! But I have some important BUSINESS with you, Mr. Judge!"

Lobberknot put a sack of coins from his shoulder onto the table while having a wide grin on his face. The sack was as large as the goblin contestant himself.

"I got delicious COINS here just for you if you ensure me position in the NEXT round! I want to be seen as WINNER and get farther away from PATATO PEELIN'!!"

After a moment of silence and comprehending of Lobberknot's words, Gaspar simply waved his left hand as a sign of refusal. "No one can bribe their way to championship, goblin. I would suggest you to keep to the rules, prepare for your match, and either win or die."

The grin turned upside down in Lobberknot's face. He took the sack onto his shoulder, jumped off from the table to the middle of the room, and raised his left hand's fist at the judge.

"Ya feel happy to put a hero against a SAVAGE man and his SAVAGE pet while me DEAD BROTHER is watching!? If ya just accept these COINS, you must order the HUMAN GUARDS to attack when my opponents aren't watching!"

Before Lobberknot could hear Gaspar's answer, he heard growling from behind him. The goblin turned around and saw a large, black dog with pointy ears and two golden collars. Gaspar stood up and looked at Lobberknot, who seemed to be shaking.

( Card created by @Mila )

"You're unsure, if you want to follow the rules? Be careful, my faithful dog is watching you!"

Without wasting a second, Lobberknot quickly ran with his tiny feet past the dog out from the room by kicking the door open and running through it down the hallway and out through the large front doors of the mansion. The two large guards next to the guestroom's door looked at the running goblin, then at the open door, and finally they leaned to look at Gaspar within the room in confusion. Judge Gaspar snorted, gestured to the guards to close the door, then he sat down onto his chair again. When the door closed, the dog walked next to Gaspar while wagging its tail. Gaspar patted the dog's head with his right hand.

"Yes, you kept watch during the whole night, and the rude goblin's shouts woke you up even though you went to sleep an hour ago."

Gaspar opened a small drawer of the table, took out a bone, and gave it to the dog, which gladly accepted it. "Take this. And get some sleep before nightfall."

The dog walked onto the small bed at the corner of the room to lay down on it and bite the bone.

( @KingWatherton & @Scott_Anderson )

As Gaspar was preparing to leave the room, he heard the dwarf's loud announcement just below the room's great windows. "Ahem! The match between Callum the druid and Lobberknot the peeler will be held at the backwoods in two hours!"
  • edited May 2018
    Ninth Match - Beginning

When the burning midday sun had warmed up the people of Eternstor, most of them took a break from their duties, once again, and ventured to the backwoods arena. Civilians took seats in the large wooden stands, soldiers marched to their positions, healers prepared their tools and spells in the white tent, and the hosts arrived slightly before the contestants who will either fight or watch today. Sir Killian was accompanying Gaspar. The knight had a concerned look.

"I haven't heard anything about the men you sent to the northern town of Igana six days ago."

"Ah, yes. Do not worry. I got a message from them yesterday. The problem has been resolved and the soldiers got an invitation to another town to celebrate their victory for a day. They should be back here today or tomorrow."

"What victory?"

"Well, Igana was attacked by a few dangerous shades, but thanks to the soldiers we sent there, the shades were defeated and prevented from attacking neighboring towns. According to the town's mayor, our soldiers played a huge role in saving the surviving civilians and fending the shades off from them."

"Really? Good... that's good! Hahaha! No matter where they are, Legornian soldiers fight with a burning spirit you don't find in other soldiers!"

Sir Killian laughed, patted Gaspar's shoulder with his left hand, and walked to the podium in front of the audience. Judge Gaspar, who didn't like the rough pat from the heavily armored knight, walked to the highest row of seats and took a seat between Philibert and Eetu. Lobberknot walked to his position in the arena. He gripped the handle of his potato peeler as he watched when Callum and Lupa took their positions a stone throw's away from the tiny goblin. When everyone had found their place, Sir Killian raised raised his both hands at the audience's direction and began his usual speech which ended with the same old saying.

"... 'Our heroes will never die as long as we have faith in them!'"

Half of the audience audibly repeated the same saying. Then Sir Killian raised his right hand at Callum's direction.

"A man of the wilds and his white wolf will fight for their own future; Callum and Lupa!"

People gave a loud applause for the druid and his companion. When it was over, Sir Killian raised his left hand at Lobberknot's direction.

"A goblin hero, who fights for his new life without potato peeling; Lobberknot the Hero!"

People barracked at the goblin, who was known for rummaging around the farmers' piggery. Lobberknot simply waved his fist at them. Sir Killian shook his head, then he turned to look at both contestants as he raised his both hands into the air.

"Let the ninth match begin!"
  • Lobberknot looked at the puppy, and looked down at the rancid mutton he had dug out of the trash. Then at the puppy, and the mutton again.

He looked at the puppy, and took a little bite from the mutton. Then he gingerly tossed the mutton to the puppy!

“Owes me some muttins,” he said, turning to the crowd. “I DIDNT HAVE NO MUSTARD ANYWAYS!” He shouted, by way of explanation.

Lobberknot doffed his cap and reached into it, pulling out a nasty knife, complete with knuckle bones of brass. He made a bit of a show putting it on his grimy mitt and then set upon the dog with feral abandon!

(Do you want me to post the cards again to remind? How do you handle the resolution of a fight?)

This discussion has been closed.