Daily Challenge

Comments

• May 29th Daily - Black discard spell

• edited June 2018
    Oh well, this is an older card.

• Thursday, May 30, 2018
    Challenge: Create a card with Phasing.
    Rewards: One favorite of my choice for each entry you beat.
  • edited June 2018
    Thursday, May 30, 2018
    Challenge: Create a card with Phasing.

• Friday, June 1, 2018
    Challenge:
    Create a creature with power and toughness 6/1.
    Rewards: Six favorites - 1 of your choice + 5 of my choice.
    Yesterday's Winner: @Scott_Anderson
  • Daily 6/1 - 6/1 creature

• edited June 2018
    It makes me feel good that I was able to win, and also beat out zero other entries

Friday, June 1, 2018
    Challenge: Create a creature with power and toughness 6/1.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/orcish-airplane
  • edited June 2018
  • I wonder if we will ever have another daily challenge
  • Im sure we will @Scott_Anderson as @jpastor comes through often, hes just busy with his new job. No sweat!
  • Hey boys, sorry im on vacation atm. Let's keep the daily rolling though.
    Monday, June 4 - Thursday June 7
    Challenge:
    Create a card that has palm trees, sand, beaches, the ocean, an island, or anything "tropical paradise" related in the artwork. I am on vacation, so let's open this daily up for the week and see what you got.
    Rewards: HALL OF FAME mention; 1 favorite for each entry you beat; option to cojudge the weekend challenges.
    6/1 winner: @TheCenteroftheUniverse
  • edited June 2018

Hope your having a good time @jpastor!
  • edited June 2018
    Friday June 8 - Saturday, June 9
    Challenge:
    Create a colorless creature with flying or Vehicle with flying.
    Rewards: 1 favorite for each entry you beat
    Vacay Winner: @sorinjace
  • edited June 2018
    Here is an example card for this weekend i am cojudging with @jpastor:

Have fun and happy cardsmithing to you all! -sorinjace :)
  • @jpastor favorite any 3 cards youd like of mine thanks. :)
  • edited June 2018
    @jpastor

If this is still goin on, here yah go! A little flavor to the idea I'd say.

I... meant to put flying on that. Kinda forgot. Should I edit it and add it, or leave it be and leave you knowing that?
  • It may need the edit @Shadow29870. Only because the card has a lot of text it may change the card altogether.
  • edited June 2018
    @sorinjace

Alrighty. I'll admit, this is REALLY close to the deadline (im really sorry about that) and not as smooth but... I wanted to make it work.

• edited June 2018
    Soooo.....

Im not sure who won this weekend, maybe it was @Shadow29870? Just maybe, yes?

Cool card @Shadow29870 and thanks for dropping by @jpastor's daily challenge contest man. I'll favorite your entry and cuz you was the only 1 to enter anything this weekend, ill hook you up with four favorites of your choice. Post your favorite requests ill favorite the cards you want favorites for. If @jpastor wants to give you any favs thats up to him but i wanted to be nice cuz you at least tried AND redid the card thats true cardsmithing man. Ttyl!
  • @sorinjace

Hehe, thank you kindly. I was kind of curious as to what would be happening here as no-one seems to notice this but... well, I love it. Though I do like mystery box's for random card ideas, this doesn't have annoying things like 'destroy target submitted card' or 'steal target submitted card'.

I honestly enjoyed making the card and, though I prefer the MK.1 of it, I didn't mind changing it. I managed to keep the theme and still have the challenge on-board, so it was enjoyable.

And, personally, I think you seem like a pretty chill dude (if you are a dude, sorry if your a girl, you're still chill) so I enjoy seeing what you say, make, and even if it spooks me, going against you in challenges is interesting,

And finally, I have a few set ideas but... well, is there a way to have multiple people able to add cards to a set, so I could colab with someone on my set ideas? I'd love to make full sets but... I'm only one guy.

Oh, also -
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sheoldreds-chosen?list=set&set=31870
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sheoldred-silent-potentate?list=set&set=31870
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tiefling-runekeeper?list=set&set=31624
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/furnace-skimmer?list=user

If you will please. :)

(Sorry bout the long post, I had lots to say, hehe)
  • Thanks for the kind words @Shadow29870! You can still get 1 more favorite I had already favorited your tiefling runekeeper. I'm a dude, and most users on here know my wife is on here, her username is Aryanf if you'd like to check her custom card library out. Whats your favorite guild? Mine is House Dimir, but I do play all the colors.
  • @sorinjace

Of course lad, no problem. And yah, I'll probably check her stuff out some time.

As for guilds... mm... I do like Dimir, it was my start. But somewhat recently I discovered the power of black green and white with the graveyard, so the Golgari have won me over.

Just made this one recently also, so this'll do. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/councilor-of-norn
  • @Shadow29870 Your new card, I love it! Depending on the situation really, I'd probably go with Populate, then populate again with councilor of norn.
  • edited June 2018
    @sorinjace

I'm happy you think so. It's one of my cards I'm placing in my Phyrexia based set, giving Elseh Norn and her section tokens and life gain.

And I just noticed, I made an infinite loop by mistake. The creatures the card make trigger it again. And again. And again... Could I fix that real quick and have you re-favorite the new card by chance?
  • edited June 2018
    Sure! Just tag me here im busy posting this weeks results in my summer cartoon contest. My friend @TemurGideon jumped ahead of me making the new cards for this week so im trying to get the judging down.
This discussion has been closed.