Summer Cartoon Challenge

Comments

• edited June 2018
    @Ragamander this is awesome a cycle of "partner with" is excellent

@Lastjustice whenever theres trouble, you call DW!
  • @Scott_Anderson hmmmm.... Ok good point. I take back what i said and troglogoyf will count!
  • edited June 2018
    found this when I was updating my Summer Cartoon Challenge set/folder:

Velma creature token by @set3k:

Thought you guys would like it.
  • edited June 2018
    If there's one thing I love, it's Darkwing Duck. And what better than to put all of the villians into card form! (I'm excluding Megavolt because @sorinjace did one already)

image image
    image image
  • edited June 2018

• @TemurGideon what does ghost of red beard turn into?
  • @sorinjace find the card without a cost to it.
  • edited June 2018
    Oh ok duh. It turns from mono red to hybrid blue/black? weird.
  • @sorinjace, all the monsters in Scooby-doo were guys in costumes. Black/Blue sounded very sleazy businessman to me.
  • edited June 2018
    Summer Cartoons Challenge Schedule:

If a username appears next to a cartoon its because they requested for it.

June 5th 2018 to June 10th 2018:

Masters of the Universe@sorinjace
    The Simpsons
    Animaniacs

week 1, 1st place - @Lastjustice 3 'toon' credits (good any time to be cashed in as 3 favorites!)
    week 1, 2nd place - @TemurGideon 2 'toon' credits (" ")
    week 1, 3rd place - @Scott_Anderson 1 'toon' credit (" ")

You can cash the 'toon' credits in at any time to request for me to favorite whatever card(s) you would like me to favorite.

June 11th 2018 to June 17th 2018:

Swat Kats @TemurGideon
    Darkwing Duck
    Scooby-Doo! @Aryanf

June 18th to June 24th 2018:

Batman
    Thundercats
    Fat Albert @Scott_Anderson

June 25th to June 30th 2018:

Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers @saveria201
    Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy @brcien
    The Super Globetrotters @Scott_Anderson

July 1st to July 7th 2018:

Hong Kong Fuey @Scott_Anderson
    G.I. Joe
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles@sorinjace

July 8th 2018 to July 14th 2018:

Mucha Lucha @brcien
    Smurfs
    Spider-Man

July 15th 2018 to July 21st 2018:

My Little Pony
    Transformers @Lastjustice
    Powerpuff Girls @brcien

July 22nd to July 28th 2018:

The Real Ghostbusters @sorinjace
    Hey Arnold @Dechujoh64
    Talespin @saveria201

July 29th to July 31st 2018:

2nd chance week. During 2nd chance week Cardsmiths can if they missed it 1st time around submit entries this period for any cartoon thats already been covered. Extra rewards in 2nd chance weeks for cardsmiths who've already been involved in the contest by this point that submit more entries to already covered cartoons! (So if youd like another chance at say Masters of the Universe for example this is the time you got to do that!)

August 1st to August 4th 2018:

Dungeons and Dragons @TemurGideon
    Looney Tunes
    Ben 10 @TemurGideon

August 5th 2018 to August 11th 2018:

Alvin and the Chipmunks
    X-Men @saveria201
    Peanuts

August 12th 2018 to August 18th 2018:

Tiny Tune Adventures @Dechujoh64
    Steven Universe @Aryanf
    Adventure Time @Aryanf

August 19th 2018 to August 25th 2018:

Samurai Jack @Dechujoh64
    ?
    ?

August 26th 2018 to August 31st 2018:

LAST CHANCE week! This is your final chance to submit entries for any and all cartoons already covered for this contest. Cardsmiths entering submissions on already covered cartoons will get extra points for entries.

First week of September there will be a judging period to determine who placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. These will be the slots open for the playoffs. No Honorable mentions this time (you hear that @dechujoh64@? lol) This is your final chance to make the cut to be in the playoffs!

***All cards will be judged during the 1st week of September. Until then, no one places. The 'toon' points are my way of saying thank you for taking the time to check out a fun and out there contest. It's easy to get 'toon' points. All you have to do is drop entries like crazy during a week/period. The cardsmith with the most submissions for that period gets 3 'toon' points, the 2nd most entries will get 2 'toon' points, and the 3rd most entries will get 1 'toon' point. Best of all, EVERY entry I am favoriting, so you can use your 'toon' points on other cards you would like to see get more favorites on.***

The rest of September is playoffs month to all the zaniest most active cartoon fanatic cardsmiths of the summer cartoon challenge. If you qualify for the playoffs you are in for extra chances at prizes in this period. All will be revealed in September, stay tuned! At the end of September we wrap up this Contest discussion. Prizes will be awesome, not going to reveal them yet but no matter where you are there is something for everyone, even if your not in the playoffs, You still got favorites during the summer and created some awesome and fun (and maybe even funny) cards. It's a win, win!

The cartoons slated to be included in the playoffs that are NOT covered during the summer so far are:

The Mike Tyson Mysteries @Scott_Anderson
    The Gary Coleman Show @Scott_Anderson
    Static Shock @Scott_Anderson
    Gumbel to Gumbel: Beach Justice. @Scott_Anderson

Freakazoid! @Dechujoh64
    Pinky and the Brain @Dechujoh64
    Codename: Kids Next Door @Dechujoh64
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends @Dechujoh64
    Dexter's Laboratory @Dechujoh64
    Johnny Bravo @Dechujoh64
    Ed, Edd n Eddy @Dechujoh64
    Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi @Dechujoh64

The Care Bears @saveria201
    Duck Tales @saveria201

Beavis and Butthead @sorinjace
    Eek! The Cat @sorinjace
    Bucky O'Hare @sorinjace
    Ren and Stimpy @sorinjace
    Daria @sorinjace
  • Remember, you want a cartoon covered? Request for it! First come first serve if i run out of room, i may still include it for the playoffs.
  • The Mike Tyson Mysteries
    Fat Albert
    The Gary Coleman Show
    The Super Globetrotters
    Static Shock
    Hong Kong Phooey
    Gumbel to Gumbel: Beach Justice
  • Check back above to see whats coming in the following weeks until i have to repost it again.
  • edited June 2018
    @Scott_Anderson thats a lot! I want to give other cardsmiths a chance to pick also, so ill let you pick 3 from your requests you really want.

@Scott_Anderson it dont mean i wont cover the rest in the playoffs or the possible tiebreaker week in the beginning of september.

New rule= 3 summer requests per cardsmith please. Any more have to be in the playoffs in september. Your first 3 requests will be counted as summer requests. Any after that will be in the playoffs unless it gets requested by another cardsmith and theres space.
  • @JoeMoose awesome entries! If you want to make a megavolt go ahead! Mine are for fun and examples since im running this contest. Itd be sweet to see your take on him or others like Launchpad, etc. Or DW's adopted daughter Gosalyn Mallard, etc. etc....
  • edited June 2018
    Powerpuff Girls
    Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
    Mucha Lucha
  • @sorinjace

I only meant to suggest ideas. I have no expectation that you will cover any of them! Just brainstorming.
  • @Scott_Anderson no worries! I'll pick 3 of them then for the summer then the rest will be during the playoffs i got planned. :)

@brcien cool choices! I'll add them and @Scott_Anderson's right now.
  • Schedule updated!
  • For the week of 1st, can you put the D&D cartoon in?
  • Dungeons and Dragons? Got it @TemurGideon!
  • edited June 2018
    Apparently he is technically Darkwing Duck's first villain, and he only had 3 appearances on the show:

Professor Moliarty:

• I think Taurus Bulba was his first enemy, as he was the main villain for the pilot.

http://darkwingduck.wikia.com/wiki/Taurus_Bulba
  • Awe yeah @Lastjustice! I almost forgot about him.
  • edited June 2018
    @LastJustice - I had no idea he was voiced by Tim Curry. Awesome stuffs.

@SorinJace - You got it!

Because, according to the Wiki, Megavolt could control electrical devices. Doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to translate that to artifact creatures. :D

Also

• edited June 2018
    @sorinjace. HERE are Meine Entscheidungen, I watched as a child.

Tiny Toon Adventures (choice 1)
    Freakazoid!
    Pinky and the Brain (choice 2)
    Codename: Kids Next Door
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Johnny Bravo
    Ed, Edd n Eddy
    Samurai Jack (choice 3)
    Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi

and that is just some of the shows I watch as a child only from the WB and Cartoon Network. If I added in Nickelodeon This list would go on foreva.

Now let's give Nickelodeon some love with: Hey Arnold.
  • edited June 2018
    @Dechujoh64 I cant do Pinky and the Brain because technically it was a part of Animaniacs and it can still be covered two more times before the playoffs, then during the playoffs its available again through the animaniacs. I will pick another one from your 10 choices as your 3rd. And to be extra fair you can expect Pinky and the Brain to be in the playoffs because the show probably had characters that they didnt have as a part of animaniacs. So please pick an extra cartoon if you like; just try to get something we havent covered yet or are scheduled to in the future if possible :)
  • Ok just saw your update @Dechujoh64 ill put hey arnold in the summer rotation!
This discussion has been closed.