Awe Rats!

Hello fellow cardsmiths and welcome to my 18th contest, Awe Rats!

Real quick back story: One of the first real 'good' decks I owned when I first started playing magic was a mono black Rat tribal deck. It was an aggressive beat down deck in black. Kind of rare to find these days, even when I started to play it was a kitchen table 60 card deck just to play with friends. But man did I have good times with that deck. Which is what lead me to the creation of this contest!

Once upon a time in the Magic the Gathering Universe, Rats where one of the top loved creatures in the game to play. There was awesome cards in the game for rats. Rats such as:

imageimageimageimage

And there was also a couple of good supportive creatures as well:

imageimage

What I want to see from you guys is cards that relate to Rats in any way shape or form. Be creative! They don't necessarily have to be the normal colors for Rats. If you want to, you can make an off color Rat. Just explain why it is the color(s) (or if it's colorless, whatever). They can be made in any way shape or form. It can be tribal instants or tribal sorceries, or tribal enchantments or tribal artifacts, etc. etc. whatever you can think of, go for it! Custom mechanics would be extra cool to see here as well. Just as long as it has Rats in the rules text or subtype in some way, it is permitted!

Here is a couple of examples I have come up with to get your creative juices flowing:

imageimage

Here is the rules!

1) ONLY NEW CARDS ACCEPTED PLEASE.
2) Limit a whopping 10 entries per person. (in case you get extra creative and want to make color cycles, etc.)
3) NO MAGIC THE GATHERING ART. This is part of the challenge, try to find unused art (if possible!)
4) All original ideas, no remakes of already existing creatures from Magic the gathering please!
5) Entries may be deleted and/or edited up until the deadline of the contest.
6) Entries must be turned in by midnight of JULY 5TH 2018 EST, USA

Here is the rewards for your participation:

4th place will have their card automatically favorited and receive 2 favorites of their choice for me to favorite!

3rd place will have their card automatically favorited and receive 3 favorites of their choice for me to favorite plus a mention in the hall of fame!

2nd place will have their card automatically favorited and receive 4 favorites of their choice for me to favorite plus a mention in the hall of fame!

1st place will have their card automatically favorited and receive 5 favorites of their choice for me to favorite plus a mention in the hall of fame!

I generally favorite cards that are entered into my contests and sometimes I jump in and make cards for it just for the hell of it that don't count towards judging, I just don't want to be left out on the fun. Don't be surprised if you see this! :)

That is it for now. And remember, happy cardsmithing! - sorinjace :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.