Minotaurs

Comments

• edited June 2018
    @Scott_Anderson, given there's multiple planes in the universe , there can definitely be room for Jeskai Minotaurs flavored the way you describe. There's been plenty of color shifted tribes over the years that take on different traits.(White vampires, green merfolk) I mean this card feels on the money with that notion you described. (Which Warcraft they behave that way too.)

On Ravinca they seem to roll in the Boros flavor, and on Theros they got Red black. I just decided to merge those concepts since the twin gods of war seem to both be parts of a bull. Would make sense if you could get a minotaur to could follow both as the truest form of their species with my card Xain, Grand Champion.
  • Asterion is too old to edit with the new frame :(
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/minotaur-of-lies
    I might be getting my mythology wrong, but I thought minotaurs were big on riddles and being guardians of some sort so I kinda went that route.
  • edited June 2018
    Sorry it's been a minute since I was last on this contest. Here is a nasty Minotaur for ya!

• Our guest judge will be our very own, @sorinjace!!!!!!!!!
  • Get ready for a hot take:

• Thank you @TigerFang8! Just so you all know my entries wont count in this contest since im guest judging; they was just for fun. For each person that places 1, 2, and/or 3rd you will be mentioned in the hall of fame. You have less than 1 week so lets keep the ball rolling cardsmiths and drop some sweet minotaur entries...
  • edited June 2018
    Stampede!!!!

• @Lastjustice is Spartan your custom ability? Seems cool almost like a less strict hellbent.
  • edited June 2018
    Changed my entry.

image image
  • edited June 2018
    @Sorinjace, No originally @Scott_Anderson came up with two abilities, Vised and Racked. Modeled after the way Black Vise and The Rack operate. As an older player, I understood what he was going for immediately, which I thought was a cool mechanic idea, but I wanted to give them new names. So Spartan and Sage were born, and I then came up with a third mechanic Arbiter from seeing his other two to make a trio of things all effected by different hand sizes.

- Spartan

-Sage

-Arbiter

• @Lastjustice thats really cool. Took a lot of time to work out any bugs I bet too!
  • As I had said earlier on a thread for one of his cards, @lastjustice is as much the parent of these nechanics as I am. Should it come to pass some day that he’s here creating and I’m not, please credit him alone for the mechanics.

They were just kernels of ideas until he made them real, so I give him credit too.
  • I appreciate your prescence wholly @Scott_Anderson, not just for giving me the ideas there, but everything you do. You regularly comment on my work, letting me know someone is checking it out. You shot straight and don't beat around the bush. You tell it like it is, and bounce ideas off me. You've played as long as I have, so you get certain choices I make for old school reasons. The reason I want to include you with credit, is I like you as a person around these parts, and I back people I like.

I periodically forget to include mechanix. Mostly because I can't remember who actually did it.(I try always include them as I make the cards during mechanix contests just keep it simple.) I am never going forget the original of those because you helped me. I saw you were on to something I liked, and I wanted see it catch on.

I get you're humble but you did start the idea. @Tomigon didn't want to take credit when I wrote the introduction for the Reactivation challenge. After I messed up the contest I figured was my way fixing it, and letting new people know why it existed. (Give it a backstory like the mechanix contest)@Corwinnn was like yeah was his idea, so I made sure his name in it. He even suggested I put my name even though I had nothing do with it, and was just the dummy who wrote it for screwing up in the first place. He didn't want it still, so I put Corwinnn and him both as a compromise.(Which both contributed to the creation process, so was the most accurate answer anyways.) I told him the best stories always have a grain of truth to them. Why he needed to be there.

I am good at naming stuff or coming up with a back story to things, as I will happily brainstorm if someone ever in a jam to come up with something for an idea. Ultimately I love coming up with stuff, but I need a reason to do it. Other people are my reason. I could just churn out cards and ignore whatever else happens here, but I feel like that's missing the point of it all. Be apart of each others stories and cards. So before you go and act like you did nothing Scott Anderson, you are definitely part of that story. I know @Teacup thinks you special too, as you inspired her. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/teatime-with-special-guest?list=user and many others. Let others honor you how ever they may. This community isn't just about the cards you make, (Why @Phelgming was featured as a cardsmith. https://mtgcardsmith.com/blog/colored-artifacts-have-arrived )It's about what you give back as a whole. Your contributions are most definitely worthy.

• Geez @Lastjustice, it isn't Valentines day yet.

Lol, just kidding. That was super well written. Glad to see other people appreciate this awesome community.
  • edited June 2018
    I second that @Lastjustice. Your presence here is valuable and needed @Scott_Anderson. @Lastjustice is right you are a great personality and you are a solid cardsmith no matter how frustrating it can get to you sometimes (you at times had said you was burned out of ideas). Christ man you cranked out soooo many cards in such a short period of time and most of them I took notice. A lot of them stood out on their own like they felt like real cards. Give yourself more credit man you deserve it for real. :) This community got to be a that much more fun when you came into the picture. I for one will notice a gap for when you are gone working on your novel.
  • Thanks Sorinjace, that's really a nice compliment.

I like doing this! I like it a lot! I'll do more.

My prediction: I'll com back in October. But don't hold me to it :)
  • (Marks it down and prepares for Scottober fest!)
  • My entry, (Not sure if I am doing this right)
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fellhide-spirit-caller
  • @skumo1 As long as it is a minotaur, it is fine.
  • @Lastjustice when @Scott_Anderson returns, sounds like a dwarf/barbarian/berserker contest is in the works!
  • edited June 2018

Since the Core Set 2019 and Ravnica will focus on Bolas, there is a brave minotaur lady fighting to keep her plane safe.
  • 4 more days until the deadline guys! @ElMagici, very cool Minotaur!
  • @skumo1 I forgot to set a limit, but it is too late by now.
  • Closed for judging!

Time for you to begin @sorinjace!
  • Guys please give me a little bit of time to judge as i got a new job since the contest started and it consumes most of the day for me. Ill judge asap and give my results in message to @TigerFang8 and he will do the rest. Good luck to everyone and hope you all had fun making these awesome minotaur cards! :)
This discussion has been closed.