Tournament of Champions 2 (The game has begun)

Comments

• Please be careful Nya and Sylva.

Tai shouted, "Whoever wins, I'm proud to be both of your friends!"

Tai settled down and watched the fight.

@Bobman111 @pakashra good luck
  • Whooshing noises
  • Another bump
  • ( @shadow123, @Bobman111 - I'm still working on the match. Sorry about the delays. )
  • Eleventh Match - Murk

image VS image

Sylva was running through the alleys of the lifeless, grey town. She had minor wounds on her limbs, caused by the vines which Nya had controlled during the match. In response, Sylva had cut them down with her dagger, constructed makeshift items such as bombs, distractions, and other useful tools from the things she had found within the town and/or inside her bag. The two contestants, and friends, had fought valiantly during the fight. Both thirsted for victory, and the battle was getting to the point when the one single winner would be clear.

Nya walked on the roof of a small building, staring at the dark alleys around the streets. Sylva ran into one, and she was now most likely awaiting for a perfect moment to strike. Even though the girls talked about not killing each other during this match, it could still happen. This is a fight with deadly weapons and spells, after all. Nya looked into the dark grey sky and listened. This was the silence that was being followed by a storm.

A moment later, the warrior of Selesnya heard footsteps nearby. She crouched down and walked at the edge of the roof quietly, then she leaned forward to look what Sylva was doing below. To her surprise, she didn't see Sylva, but a knight in black armor. A young looking man with long black hair, carrying an ominous looking longsword. He was kneeling and doing something with one of the runes of the small building, which the tournament hosts had placed around the countless buildings of the town to keep the shades imprisoned. Nya cast vines through the broken street, and used them to descend from the top of the building onto the ground safely. The knight saw this. He stood up and looked at the young girl with his pale eyes. Nya, who was slightly frustrated for this interruption, dismissed the vines and stared back.

"Who are you? Why are you here? This is an improvised tournament arena. No one else except the competitors are allowed to be here right now!"

The knight's pale face was lifeless when Nya talked to him. After a few seconds, he answered to one of her questions.

"Why am I here? I used to live here."

During Nya's confusion, the knight walked at the door of the building next to them, then he removed the small rune-stone from the door. Nya saw this, and a tiny fear crept into her soul.

"Hey! Don't take it off! It prevents the shades from escaping!"

"That's the very reason I'm doing this," he said coldly, took the rune into his right hand, then crushed it while a black aura surrounded his fist. A small glimmer of golden light came from the stone before it crumbled. Then Nya heard as all the other runes of the town broke nearby and far away while a dark aura surrounded them as well. The knight used a spell that caused a chain reaction, destroying all binding runes from Salaxum. Now, the shades could move there freely within the deserted town.

The rune stones broke from the doors even next to Sylva, who was tending her wounds within an alley. The airship repairer was only a few blocks away from the knight and Nya, but she didn't know where they were until she heard shouting.

"Nya!?"

Without wasting a second or giving a thought to the broken rune stones, Sylva ran to the sound's direction. She thought that her friend was in grave danger. A moment later, pitch-black spirits slowly came from the alley where Sylva was.
  • Resolution?
  • When is the end going to come?
  • Patience
  • This is so exciting! I bet it is going to be amazing!

@TenebrisNemo I would like to thank you for all that you have done for this tournament. It has been amazing to watch the characters interact and develop friendships. This has been the highlight of my summer so far.
  • @pakashra @bobman111

Tai (and I) is cheering for both of you!
  • WOOOOOOOOSH
  • Is @TenebrisNemo okay, I mean it's been a little more than a week since he said anything on here.
  • @Bobman111 - This is the time of year that things slow down just a bit, but I have a feeling he won't be long now.
  • I hope he's okay
  • Since this post is sorta slow right now I will provide some life and it is a common place people check

I plan to host a contest once summer ends bc that way mote people will join it... but I will need some assistance so I am looking for active people to help judge please DM me and I will explain the contest
  • All right everyone. It's been 22 days since @TenebrisNemo last posted and 8 days since anyone last posted. To me it seems like time to start a story segment. Respond to this post to be included. (I don't want to write about characters not actively participating.)
  • I wish I didn't miss this :(
  • edited July 2018
    @ShaperKyon I second the motion, just imagine that everything all just happened before this match began.
  • I second that motion
  • I support this, but let's not blame @TenebrisNemo for anything. Summers can be extremely busy (as I am starting to realise).
  • I will join.
  • Summer is always brutal!
  • Am I too late?
  • Hang on one diddly darn second
This discussion has been closed.