Go Fetch! **Circuit Challenge**

Comments

• @sorinjace You say "It needs to have a criteria met when the spell is played, not later effects." Doesn't that mean all permanent cards don't count? But when TheCenterOfTheUniverse made a Dragon, you said awesome..
    Sorry, I'm a little confused:(
  • Your right @Teacup, I'm so sorry for the confusion! I'm going to have to go back and take a look again at each one, man this contest has to be my most challenging one yet. I will make a list of the ones that are good of the submitted entries so far, I will try to later, I can't right now. I gotta run to the card shop actually and trade some cards in for some money, but I will be on here when I can asap later. I only had time to make 1 card! wow. I promise Ill stop by later. ttyl guys.
  • Seek for land, blackwater faerie, search for the sands, ardurous voyage...etc. I don't have time at the moment to go through all of the entries but that's all from page 1 that is what I'm looking for. @Teacup I'm hoping this helps. Ttyl guys!
  • edited August 2018
  • @Enscription
    Awesome idea, but way too powerful in its current form. Needs more limitation.
  • Thanks for your entries @bnew07 and @Enscription. @Enscription I gave you a follow, and it appears your an older cardsmith, so much respect and welcome back to the forums! I hope to see more cards from you as well in the future, another reason I gave you a follow, so I'll keep up with you as much as I can if you create more cards, that is.
  • edited July 2018
    Deleted for not following guidelines
  • It doesn't work @Psauxis. Yes it needs ETB effect to work, then the ascend would be the bonus effect I'm looking for. It's vastly keywords I'm looking for after the ETB effect, but if you can find away to sneak around keywords, then you can give it a try, but it isn't so easy to do. :)
  • edited July 2018
    Entry 2 (reworked):

There! While it would be more obvious Ascend is the bonus effect if it came after the etb, all cards with ascend put it before any non-keyword, so I'm following that format.
  • Entry 3:
    While sweep isn't an extraordinary ability word, it actually fits this contest quite well.
  • Entry No. 1
    Feedback welcome on the card page.
  • edited July 2018
    @Psauxis nevermind what I had just put here, I am looking further into what you are doing with sweep, and yes it does work for the contest. It's just a little confusing to even me on the surface. Even I may need help in judging this contest, theres some really detailed cards here and its been proving to be quite the challenge.

@DomriKade this is one of those entries that sticks its nose up at the contest rules.These are the type of cards that make you think as a cardsmith. In this cards case, does it meet the criteria and reward you for the criteria? Where is the criteria? On one end, right away you would say no, because your paying it for the overload cost isn't technically meeting a criteria. On the other end, you say yes because it REWARDS you for paying the overload cost, allowing for a payout much larger than had you cast it for its original cmc. its a hard card to determine for what the contest is asking for. personally, i like this card. A FREAKIN' LOT. but going off the rules of the contest.... i may need to ask for more opinions on this card later. nice job on the card. If it does come out no as my answer through further examination of the card and the rules, i still like this card and its effects regardless!
  • @sorinjace would you mind just backtracking to the bottom of page 3 and check if my cards now work, i think they should. Thanks
  • I'm not seeing them @Blazin_Biscuit post the link to what your referring I'll check them out for you.
  • @sorinjace I believe all these cards work how you wanted now

Might as well be called Endless Remakes at this point...

Haha, trying to make an ability word work that even WotC said shouldn't exist is hard. Still probs doesn't work tho.

• @Blazin_Biscuit Well of Life is the best one of the bunch, try to do more similar to that one if you can. Thanks for your entries! :)
  • edited August 2018
    Another entry

• Entry #3 (I think)
  • edited August 2018
    Shameless plug:

Check out my newest contest when you guys get a chance: Back to School! Click on link below to check it out:

http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3813/back-to-school-contest/p1

Also, bump.
  • edited August 2018
    3rd (but I may have some tweaks) -
    Tweaks were made.
    Some more tweaks were made.
    Does the cost need increase by {1} or {2}?

Even more tweaking. Thanks, @bnew07.
  • edited August 2018
    @Faiths_Guide I would increase the cost to 1GG and make it get basic lands equal to the number of revealed creatures (instead of one more than that )
  • edited August 2018
    @bnew07
    That's conservative, too conservative for me (even though you may be right).
    Keep in mind that revealing cards in hand is a big drawback that becomes increasingly worse with higher percentages. I think bumping this to {2}{g} without changing the text should be plenty enough balancing for safety. If you didn't also have to sacrifice a land, I'd almost certainly agree with you though!

Thanks for feedback!
  • @Faiths_Guide you are probably right about it being conservative. I think for three mana, getting two lands is what u want most of the time which is 3 creature’s revealed which seems good balance wise. Cool design!
  • edited August 2018
    Isnt it the other way? It says search for up to one more basic land than the number revealed, so if you reveal three creatures you get 4 lands. That's potentially 5 lands on turn 2 if you start with t1 elf.
  • @fiskerton @bnew07
    You both may be correct in reprimanding me here! XD
  • edited August 2018
    God, it's been a while. Feels good to be back.

Thanks to @Tomigon for edits
This discussion has been closed.