Creature Feature (ongoing)

Comments

• @saveria201 @sorinjace Ah, my bad, sorry. I thought this was kind of a first-come first-serve. Since the entry didn't fit the requirements, I thought I could skip over it. I didn't realize we could edit.
  • @fiskerton no biggie. @sorinjace did tell me to edit the entry, but it was late at night where I live and I was already asleep. i like your backstory you wrote and card.
  • Sorry for any additional confusion I caused. Feel free to choose whatever solution you want!
  • @Faiths_Guide its ok, no worries.

@murkletins no, for this deadline, you need your entry to include the new phyrexian set symbol.

Deadlines have an added challenge for each creature request that must be met in order to be accepted in the contest. The added challenge changes each deadline.

1st come, 1st priority. You drop your creature 1st? You get to pick the next creature to be made. It's really that simple.

What if you miss being 1st with your entry for a requested creature? your card still will count for the deadline, it just means you don't get to pick the next creature. It's that simple guys.

You know, all of this reminds me of a deck box @Aryanf has for one of her commander decks: on the box, it has the letters RTDC. That stands for Read The Da** Card. well, RTDCR in this case (read the darn contest rules!! lol)
  • I just recreated the rules for the contest, I think I will post the link here so you guys can see whats going on in case your lost.

http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/3781/creature-feature-ongoing/p1
  • In case anyone needs to know, the most recent request is a CAT WIZARD, requested by @bigbadbooknerd.
  • edited August 2018
    Withdrawn, forgot it needs to be phyrexian again >.<
  • The deadline theme is still new Phyrexia set symbol with the creature (it has to be believable that it would be in the New Phyrexia set.) The deadline for this theme is getting closer to the end @saveria201 :)
  • Can we have a clue as to what the next theme is, @sorinjace?
  • edited August 2018
    @Ranshi922 that's like asking @jpastor what the next Phenomenon or even the next mystery box challenge is going to be in mystery box challenge, now isn't it? ;)

You'll just have to drop entries! The more entries per deadline, the faster a deadline is to getting completed.
  • @sorinjace, I actually wouldn't know, because I have never participated in one. So I'll take your word for it.
  • @sorinjace
    May I ask your stance on the forcing of set symbols for future deadlines? I'd rather not have that restriction often, as I'd like to make some cards for this thread.

But I understand if you disagree, and prefer to keep it the way it is more often!
  • @murkletins I change the extra challenge for creatures submitted each deadline. It won't always stay the same.
  • I'm not 100% sure if this counts since it has more creature types than requested, but a Phyrexian Cat Wizard is really hard to find art for. This sort of fits the bill and I tried making an ability befitting phyrexia, wizards and berserkers at the same time.

If it counts, then I request a plant construct.
  • Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached this theme's deadline. Here are the cardsmiths who placed!

3rd place is @fiskerton with Rikesa, Fallen Kha
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/rikesa-fallen-kha

This was not an easy creature request to make believable as a New Phyrexian creature, but you pulled it off, and the imprint ability was utilized in a very unique way. I felt it could have been better as a green creature's use of that ability, but it still works with red.

Congratulations! You get 2 favorites of your choice and 1 "Aryanf's Hug" of your choice for me to favorite (post another cardsmith's card you would like for me to favorite I haven't favorited already). I already favorited your entry as well. Please post your favorites requests here or pm the requests to me, whichever is best for you.

2nd place is @saveria201 with Grimbix, Molder of Thought
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/grimbix-molder-of-thought

Holy cow, I never thought snails would be so dangerous until I saw this entry. Thank you for editing the creature to fit the New Phyrexian lore/universe too btw. You get 4 favorite requests of your choice and I have favored your entry as well. Please post your favorites requests here or pm the requests to me, whichever is best for you.

1st place is @fiskerton with Gitaxian Enhancer
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gitaxian-enhancer

Very cool card, believable as a New Phyrexian card as well. I like that it's like a bestow enchantment (somewhat), but for equipment. This is an idea I think you could take farther. However it got you 1st place this deadline, so you get 5 favorites of your choice, I favored your entry already as well. Congratulations! Please post your favorites requests here or pm the requests to me, whichever is best for you.

Thank you for your entries for this deadline everyone!

________________________________________________________________________________

And now, we have a NEW deadline, which means a NEW challenge:

GREEN CREATURES.

For each creature request dropped this deadline, the creature created for the creature request MUST BE GREEN. It can be multicolored, but it has to have green in it's converted mana cost. It can be made any way green creatures are depicted as in magic the gathering.

Have fun, and happy cardsmithing! - sj :)

@fiskerton requested a Plant Construct, so since he has priority, that is the next required creature type to be created! (Just a friendly reminder it has to be a green creature, this is a new deadline, new phyrexia requirement was last deadline that deadline is now over.)
  • How about, a WEIRD SHAMAN
  • FORGOT THE PHYREXIAN SET SYMBOL!
  • edited August 2018
    Guess I'm too late, but you can take a look anyway:

So next up is still Weird Shaman, but it must be green.
    Now that is WEIRD.
  • Oh, and yes. I meant to have three colors there as I did. It is a weird after all.
  • @Shadow29870
    What's your creature type request?
  • @Shadow29870, what do you want to see?
  • edited August 2018
    @bigbadbooknerd your entry counts your entry didn't require the new phyrexian set symbol this deadline (unless you really wanted it to be on the card), the creature needs to be green this deadline.

@Shadow29870 what's your creature request? you have the priority currently.

Nice entries BTW guys.
  • Facepalm Sorry all of you, my mind COMPLETELY blanked. How bout... an... Aetherborn Weird! Have fun makin' that green. :P
  • edited August 2018
    I did it!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/aether-condenser

On mobile now. When I can access a computer I'll add the image.
  • Oh nice @TheEnderDragon! Nice use of three colors too. What's your request?
  • Do something that you think I have an image for in my stockpile of images! (No kidding I have about 15 unused images planned out for cards and about 80 I’m still thinking about... my life just seemed so much more sad now that I put that fact into words...)
This discussion has been closed.