Go Fetch! **Circuit Challenge**

1235»

Comments

• Here's another entry. I've gone crazy recently making cards the same character over and over again, this is the sixth card representing Nerikare.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/nerikare-of-the-deathless-dune
  • Entry number 3. I crammed as many keywords as I could onto it.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/blazing-juggernaut
  • edited August 2018
  • @Undead
    Don't forget to reveal the land cards you searched if you put them into your hand. very nice work, as always:)
  • Just a reminder tomorrow night eastern standard time USA is the deadline for all entries to be accepted in this contest. Thank you to all of you who have participated in it and have spectated or showed any kind of interest in this contest!

ONLY 1 and a half DAYS LEFT!
  • just under 10 hours left until this contest closes! No extended times unfortunately guys, as this is a circuit challenge contest. Really phenomenal entries have been dropped. If no more entries are dropped today that is ok, I just wanted to take the time to thank all of you for your time and effort this was not an easy challenge, even I had some issues with it in the beginning. Thank you again everyone seriously nice work to you all! I feel a couple of you stepped your game up in making cards after this challenge as well.
  • edited August 2018
    Entry No. 2... or No. 1 depending on whether or not my last card was deemed legal :)
    I made this back when the contest opened, I just haven't had a chance to post yet. I think it is a little weird that no one has just made a plain, simple kicker card for this contest besides me. Someone made a weird kicker thing that involves a sorcery becoming a creature, and someone else made a multikicker card, but no one did just a regular "if kicked, do a thing" card. This card is strictly better than Druid of the Cowl, and is actually a card that's worth playing in some decks.

Anyone get the reference? Also, I specifically made this a 2HG card instead of a Commander card because I felt that this sort of bonus works better when it functions with only teams.

To anyone saying that this would be fine at XGG, you would be incorrect. This thing is nuts at XXGG. Imaging on turn 4 of a 2-headed giant game you and your teammate put all of your team's combine 8 mana into casting this thing searching up 3 lands each. On turn 5, provided you hit your land drops, you would have 16 mana available to play spells with. That means you could wipe the board with Play of the Game and then cast Charging Binox without even sweating it.

Seriously, this card is insanely good in 2HG.
  • This contest is closed for judging. Results will be posted once the judging has ended. Good luck everyone!
  • edited August 2018
    Here are the results for Go Fetch!

This contest got a lot of confusion in the beginning, even from myself. Thank you for attempting to seek new horizons with me (ah yes, pun totally intended.) I know not everyone liked keywords here as a requirement, but this was a contest that was attempting to make land fetch cards more fun to play, rewarding the castor even late in the game. Keywords are an effective way of rewarding a castor for playing cards. So thank you again to everyone who dropped entries.

Here is your winners!

Coming in at 3rd place, is @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos with Ardurous Voyage

I like Fateful hour. I really enjoyed the use of this on this card, I felt it would have been better as an uncommon though. Simple and effective, I would throw this in decks before lay of the land all day long. Nice job!

Congratulations! You get 3 favorites of your choice! Post your requests here or pm me.

Coming in at 2nd place, is is @LyndonF with Seek for Land

Raid was a creative way to reward you for fetching a land, and that land happened to be an Island land at that. You don't see land fetch cards in blue hardly ever, and this card made it seem very feasible. Nicely done!

Congratulations! You get 4 favorites of your choice plus 1 honorable mention! Post your requests here or pm me.

Coming in at 1st place, is @Tomigon with Grim Backwater

Straight to the point, I love it. Morbid was another creative way to reward you for fetching lands, and this card delivered. HOLY COW did it deliver.

Congratulations! You get 5 favorites of your choice plus 2 honorable mentions! Post your requests here or pm me. You will also recieve 1 month of premium membership to use at your disposal. If you don't want the premium but would like another cardsmith to recieve it, please pm me about it asap.

In Addition!

In addition, all 3 placing contestants will have their names forever engraved in the hall of fame, and each cardsmith who places will be named on a trophy from the trophy account as well!

Just as a reminder!

Honorable mentions will get 1/4 Circuit Point
    Third Place will collect 1/2 Circuit Point
    Second Place will garner 3/4 Circuit Point
    First Place will obtain 1 Circuit Point

Thank you to all of you for your entries, there was several I enjoyed and would love to see a real copy of in the game. - sorinjace :)

Current contests going on:

Summer Cartoons Challenge (playoffs will be happening in September 2018 to those that qualified. Stay tuned!)
    Back to School Contest contest ends September 1st 2018, come get educated!
    Creature Feature (ongoing with cards judged each deadline. Each deadline adds an extra challenge for each creature dropped, check it out when your burned out on ideas sometime, or just want to drop creatures for fun)
  • Congratulations, @Winners!
  • Woooohooooo!!! Thanks for picking my card! That artwork is by me btw :P
    Please give premium to @jpastor https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/jpastor

I'll choose 2 HMs and 5 favorites later. I'm a little busy right now.
    Thanks again!
  • @Tomigon you got it, I will hook @jpastor up asap, give me time as I am busy right now as well AND today is @Aryanf's birthday guys! @jacobsladder3 and I are going to pick her up soon we will celebrate her bday with style! :)
  • @Tomigon Thanks bud. Will get right on those edits. Cheers
  • Circuit Standings Updated!
    Still awaiting all the Honorable Mentions!
  • edited August 2018
    @Tomigon and @jpastor your gifted premium has been approved jpastor and it should show up in 24 hours or less. I just want to let you know that @modnation675 helped me out in this process with the gifting as I'm broke to be honest. I felt mod should get credit for making that possible. :) I won a gift card in a contest mod ran so that's how I was able to gift premium you. If any issues arise with the gifted premium please let me know, it should work though :)
  • Happy birthday @Aryanf !
  • edited August 2018
    She's asleep next to me, a mite bit tipsy from karaoke. :) I'll tell her you wished her a happy birthday @Tomigon! We ended up singing two songs apiece tonight, @jacobsladder3 got a good chunk of our singing on video. Aryanf sang Rise Against - Swing Life Away and Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch. I sang The Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with butterfly wings and The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright. I got applause and 2 people singing the smashing pumpkins song with me, but the mic messed up during the offspring song. It was tough to do honestly. Aryanfs... Lol well, she was having fun so that's what mattered the most! I did a growl and hearing the recording of it that surprised me how good it sounded, better than my voice for sure!
  • edited August 2018
    Thank you @Tomigon I had a good time last night very happy.
  • @LyndonF has just pmed me his choice for hm! it is @KalamMekhar and his entry "Subterranian Expedition".

Congratulations @KalamMekhar! Please send me a card you would like me to favorite, @Corwinnn, as far as I know he is the last honorable mention we have been waiting on. can you update the circuit challenge standings and close this contest please? Everyone else who has favorites I owe them, please pm them to me.

thank you again guys for your submissions! see you on the forums and other contests :)

**closed**
  • Thanks tomigon
  • Everything updated! Thanks to @sorinjace for the awesome challenge!
This discussion has been closed.