Mechanix Challenge #31 **Circuit Challenge**

84 years ago, Corwinnn, MrRansom, AustinSmith and Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix.; Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to ; Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - 31
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/31874
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In MC-31, the focus is on Static AND Triggered Mechanics
This challenge features mechanics from @KrampisZman,@KJMartin,@AustinSmith,@Gateways7, @ArienStorm, @fullmetalryuzaki, @Tomigon, @Faiths_Guide, @MaverickGV and @ZendikarIncarnate

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, creativity and flavor.

Limit of 15 entries max per person.
Deadline: September 9th
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY-; and added to -HALL OF FAME- !

Since this is also a Circuit Challenge...
First Place will get 1 CP
Second Place will get 3/4 CP
Third Place will get 1/2 CP
Honorable Mentions will get 1/4 CP

**Only Cardsmith Cards will be judged

Comments

• edited August 2018
    -Trio(3 cards with trio mechanic) counts as one. Give them good synergy!
    -Double-faced card(Two-Faced by KJMartin) count as one.

Morphkicker by KrampisZman
    Morphkicker [Cost] (You may pay an additional [Cost] as you turn this permanent face up.)
    NOTE: Like Kicker but on a Morph!

Archive by KJMartin
    Archive [Cost] (You may cast this spell for its archive cost. If you do, exile it instead as it resolves, and it becomes archived.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE: For instant and sorcery spells, and then they have an effect like 'As long as this card is archived, (effect..) ..or.. [When/Whenever/At the beginning of.....] ____, if this card is archived, (effect..)
    Tomigon &Faiths_Guide's NEW Version
    Archive [Cost] (You may cast this spell for its archive cost. If you do, exile it archived as it resolves.)

Manashift by AustinSmith
    Manashift [Cost] (You may cast this spell for its manashift cost. If you do, it becomes _*color_ and loses all other colors.)
    NOTE: There are always colored mana symbols in [Cost]. "_*color_" is that mana's color.

Hivemind by Gateways7
    Hivemind (This creature has all abilities of creatures you control with a hivemind counter on them.)

Reunite by ArienStorm
    Reunite [Cost] (If this card is in your graveyard and you control a creature with the same name as this, you may cast this card from your graveyard for its reunite cost.)

Holy Shield by AustinSmith
    Holy shield (This creature enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it. If damage would be dealt to this creature while it has a shield counter on it, instead prevent that damage and remove a shield counter from this creature.)

Trio by fullmetalryuzaki
    Trio (You can have three commanders if all of them have trio.)

Backstab by Tomigon
    Backstab N (If this creature would deal combat damage to an opponent, you may put N -1/-1 counters on a creature that player controls instead.)

Two-Faced by KJMartin
    Two-Faced (You may have this creature enter the battlefield transformed under an opponent's control.)
    *Edited version by TheMechanix
    Two-Faced [Cost] (You may cast this spell for its two-faced cost. If you do, it enters the battlefield transformed under an opponent's control.)
    Other name ideas by @Shadow29870: double-agent, cursed, sift, embrace

Leaderless by Faiths_Guide (*Updated version)
    Leaderless (At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. If an opponent is chosen this way, this creature attacks that player this turn if able. Otherwise, tap this creature.)

Rush by MaverickGV
    Rush [Cost ] (You may cast this spell for its rush cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's sacrificed at the beginning of the next end step.)

Charger by ZendikarIncarnate
    Charger (This creature can't be blocked by more than one creature.)

Aaaaaaaaaand…..

Archery by ChargingBadger

Archery N (This permanent enters the battlefield with N arrow counters on it.)

• edited August 2018
    I haven't gotten a chance to participate in a Mechanix Challenge yet, so this should be fun! Here goes nothing!
  • Aww, yes! I must do this!
  • edited August 2018
    [ Deleted ]
  • edited August 2018

Well, here's entry one, using Charger! If anyone's got tips, obviously just lemme know.
  • edited August 2018
    Been wondering when the next mechanix contest was gonna drop. Finally, its here! I'll be sure to post for your mechanix contest @Corwinnn @AustinSmith @Tomigon @MrRansom :)
  • edited August 2018
    Entry #1 using Holy Shield by @AustinSmith:

• edited August 2018
    1st entry:
    2nd entry:
  • What do you mean by “trophy”?
  • Not too good at flavor text, but I tried.
  • edited August 2018
    Using a modified Archive by @KJMartin:
    Archive [cost] (You may cast this spell for its archive cost. If you do, exile it archived as it resolves.)

Updates. Thanks, @Tomigon!
  • edited August 2018
    Using Trio by @fullmetalryuzaki:
    Trio (You can have three commanders if each has trio.)

• Sure, why not. I'll make a set of Trio commanders.
    imageimageimage

These guys care about tapping stuff. The deck these guys would commandeer will make you have no friends at the table.
  • edited August 2018
    Made for @Faiths_Guide in the Cardsmiths' Cardsmiths contest, and it works here!
  • edited August 2018
    Here is my first entry and I had a weird thought... but here it is.

for mtgcardsmith

I have nothing against mtgcardsmith it was just how the card turned out using Kefka and my thought of a MAD MAGICIAN because the flavor text I wanted but couldn't fit said this. (Plus he is the GOD of the site. ^w^)

"One has to be a mad magician in order to create such a wonderful thing as this." - Dechujoh64
  • edited September 2018
    Enraged OgreDemonic ChimeraRise to Omniscience
    Kragan, Glory Fighter
    It Who YieldsIt Who SurvivesIt Who Inspires
  • @Corwinn

A few questions:
    1) Can we change the name of a mechanic?
    2) Can we make minor changes to the reminder text of the Mechanix?
    3) Can we use the mechanic on a card but not name it?
  • Using Rush by @MaverickGV:
    Rush [Cost] (You may cast this spell for its rush cost. If you do, it gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.)
  • edited August 2018
    imageimage

One card, of course.
  • Entry 1:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/confined-knowledge

I'll make this into an image later. I hope you like it!
  • edited August 2018
    @bnew07 - Three n's
    XD
    Yes (just make a note on Disqus)
    Yes
    and...
    If you want, but I'm easily confused
  • edited August 2018
    3rd entry:
    image image image
  • edited August 2018
    Entry #2 using Charger by @ZendikarIncarnate:

@TemurGideon thanks for the editing tip!

• edited August 2018
    Is Two-Faced considered a triggered or static ability? And could I have one on the original card and other on the transformed card--and be viable?
  • edited August 2018
    @snow601
    Two-Faced is static. A triggered ability uses the words "when," "whenever," or "at." ( http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=370670 )

Sorry, I don't quite understand the 2nd question..
    Here's an example of Two-Faced:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pegasus-of-cleansing-light
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/plagued-pegasus
    It counts as one entry. You need to create both sides on MtGCardsmith, and post those links here. The site doesn't have borders for transform cards yet, so we just use normal borders without mana cost to make a flip side.
  • Entry 1, using Backstab by Tomigon
This discussion has been closed.