What contest/challenge would you like to see? (Suggestions)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, we're having a bit of artblock recently and were wondering what contest/challenge to run. Basically we couldn't decide.

We're trying to run two or three simultaneous contests/challenges at all times for the foreseeable future to gather people to follow.

As such, we're asking you the community to propose some ideas for us. Now we're not just gonna give you nothing. So we'll treat this kind of like a contest. The chosen suggestion will win a big prize and the next top two suggestions' smiths will get standard prizes.

Prizes as thanks for suggestions:
A) The chosen suggestion's smith will get the following...
- 1 month of premium subscription.
- A follow from us.
- 3 favorites of your own choice.
B) The next top two suggestions' smiths will each get the following...
- A follow from us.
- 2 favorites of your own choice.

Happy smithing everyone!

Comments

• 1): Utilizing Spore counters
    2): Casting spells from outside your hand
    3): A good ol' commander contest. Those always seem to be my favorite
  • @Everybody @Temurzoa
    Nice suggestions, it's always nice to see someone want a commander contest.

By the way, there is no limit to the amount of suggestions you can make. So you could have the majority of the options if you want to go that far.

I'll also be bumping this thread with gifs because we haven't done that in a while.
  • Three+ color stuff
    Make a new permanent type (with examples)
    Make a lore-tied color cycle based off some restriction and submit a lore blurb about it
    Word or number based (make a card with this word or number in it)
    Quests (the card mechanic or some other multi stage card)
    Fuse/Aftermath/Split cards (the card mechanic requiring two words that are put together in some way)
  • 1) Common hybrid designs
    2) 3 card vertical cycle (common/uncommon/rare)
    3) New Ravnica guild mechanics
  • I also support the idea of vertical cycles. I’d also propose nontribal sorcery/instant subtypes.
  • @Lujikul
    I like your second idea a lot.
  • Shake, shake, shake.

• edited August 2018
    Started a contest for while I wait for more suggestions.
    What is your command, Lord! contest (Commander & themed)
  • More contest ideas I've been hankering for:

1): Charge counter contest
    2): Shapeshifter Tribal contest
    3): The Izzet League's Epic Experiments Extravaganza (create a card for the motley crew of noble explosioneers and flectomancers)
  • I like the last two ideas a lot.
  • 1) Pick your favorite Guilds contest sounds pretty cool we haven't seen one of those in awhile.

2) Knights versus Dragons contest

3) Discarding card(s) contest

4) Khans of Tarkir revisted contest challenge of the tribes

5) meek creatures contest (since beat the heat just wrapped up it could be a nice follow up contest if you had made cards for it already for you to create a card or two that could work for this contest too.)

Hope these ideas are cool for you!
  • Those ideas look quite nice, sorinjace.

Although, we avoid challenges related to a specific sets aside from commander. So we won't be doing the Khans of Tarkir one.

Just a heads up for anyone requesting things like Return to Ravnica.
  • Just a fellow reminder, I'll be choosing some of these suggestions for the prizes at the end of tomorrow.
  • Sorry about losing track of time. I was dealing with some things outside of mtgcardsmith.

I'll post the results tomorrow.
  • Until then, anyone can post late suggestions for a chance at the prizes.
  • edited August 2018
    I'm new to the game, but these always seem sort of interesting to me, to do as a constest:

1, cards of artifacts/creatures from a Sci/fi-like future plane

2, cards that make Elder dragons more usable in standard, or brings them together (of course I'm competing)

3, rehash of older interesting challenges

4, you give us a humorous/non-derranged story, and the card is the punchline

5, any humourous topic, I would love to see that...
  • Okay, I'm closing this to entries in 15 minutes, as I'll be judging it momentarily.

So please post any ideas you have in that time period.
  • Dog cards.
  • @shadow123
    Lol, I'd love to see a Hound creatures contest/challenge. :)
  • Alright. This pseudo contest is closed to suggestions, as I'll be judging it soon.
  • Pseudo contest results:
    Chosen suggestion...
    @sorinjace Meek Creatures contest

The next top two suggestions are...
    @shadow123 Dog cards
    @Temurzoa Izzet league

For prize details, click here.
  • Awesome! @murkletins, I wish you luck manning the excellent contests. Can you please favorite these?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/growing-arrogance
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/faultless-cardinal
  • Awe sweet thank you @ murkletins! I will utilize the premium please and favorite any two cards by @saveria201 please she has been super cool to me lately. Congrats to the other winners as well, all cool ideas guys!
  • @Corwinnn
    All prizes have been given. May you please close this thread?
  • A followup idea to the Izzet contest: The mechanics for Guilds of Ravnica are being revealed today at 2pm Pacific time. Maybe the contest could be about utilizing the mechanic as well?
This discussion has been closed.