Summer Cartoon Challenge

Comments

• The end of the day tomorrow is the FINAL DAY to make your last chance submissions before the tryouts for the playoffs kick off! If you have anything to enter, or want to spotlight anything that we covered this summer by another cardsmith, now is the time!
  • TIME IS UP!!!!! please be patient with me as for the next week I will be judging the entries and sending private messages to contestants that are still active enough to participate in the playoffs. Once I get all my replies back from the people that qualify to signify they are in the playoffs will I start the playoffs! Until then, I will bump this contest with various cards messages or images until the playoffs start, which should be in 1 week. Good luck to qualifiers! You should hear from me by September 7th 2018.
  • edited September 2018
    Contestants have been sent invites to the playoffs! I will be posting the participants names here as the names come in. My goal is to have enough players to have a royal battle of sorts, you will see when I have enough names we can get the ball rolling!

For some of you, if this is the end of the road for you here, thank you for participating in this contest all summer even if it was just one card, it counts! This contest was a blast!!

3rd place cardsmith is @saveria201 congratulations! You have earned 3 favorites of your choice for me to favorite.

2nd place cardsmith is @bnew07 congratulations! You have earned 4 favorites of your choice for me to favorite.

1st place cardsmith is @TemurGideon congratulations! You have earned 5 favorites of your choice for me to favorite.

These 4 are this year's Summer Cartoons Challenge Honorable Mentions! Each Honorable Mention recieves 2 favorites for me to favorite!

@Dechujoh64 (You came in 4th John, 4th...)
    @Scott_Anderson
    @brcien
    @Aryanf

Thank you to all of you for your entries!

And now... Let's get ready to RUMBLE!
  • edited September 2018
    Playoff cardsmiths:
    (In order from which cardsmith responded back to me 1st)
    1) @JoeMoose
    2) @saveria201
    3) @jfoster90
    4) @Latinas
    5) @Skyrpt
    6) @Dechujoh64
    7) @KrampisZman
    8) @bnew07
  • One more day guys and the play offs will start!! Thank you for your patience in waiting for other cardsmiths to agree to participate!
  • edited September 2018
    ok guys it is time!!

Summer Cartoon Challenge PLAYOFFS!!!!

Here is the deal:

As a special guest, @Aryanf @Dechujoh64 both have agreed to help me with setting up the playoffs. I have all your names wrote out on separate sheets of paper, and they are being pulled randomly from a bag by @Aryanf as I type this. The names pulled are going to be pitted against each other 1v1 style! Without further ado, lets get to the lineup!

@Skyrpt vs @TemurGideon

@saveria201 vs @KrampisZman

@jfoster90 vs @Aryanf

@JoeMoose vs @Dechujoh64

@bnew07 vs @Latinas

Wow... ok this is a crazy lineup! If I would have had a choice this line up would have been a little different, but random is random. Thank you @Aryanf!!!

Create a card for any of the following cartoons!

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
    Generator Rex
    Freakazoid!
    Pinky and the Brain
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Codename: Kids Next Door
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Johnny Bravo
    Ed, Edd n Eddy
    The Care Bears
    Duck Tales
    Beavis and Butthead
    Eek! The Cat
    Bucky O'Hare
    Ren and Stimpy
    Daria
    Disenchantment
    Futurama

1 card only. No partner cards or flip or transform please. Other than that, your card can be anything you wish this round. Lets see what you guys got!!

Cards are due this round by the end of the day, September 15th est, USA

The 1st round will be judged once all the contestants have their cards turned in, or the deadline reaches whichever is 1st. If a cardsmith has not dropped their entry, they forfeit their position in the playoffs to advance to the next round.

Prizes will be explained later!

Good luck everyone! - sj :)
  • @sorinjace, what's Disenchanted? Do you mean Disenchantment, I binged the whole season within 2 days.
  • Whoops yeah I meant disenchantment sorry! Nice catch @Ranshi922
  • You’re most welcome. I already saw a Luciel card
  • edited September 2018
    The funny thing is (despite the fact its already funny, in my opinion) that i made this card before the announcement xd.

Duck Tales at it's best.
  • edited September 2018
    Snooping as usual, @sorinjace? This js my entry.

• edited September 2018
    I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG! These are NOT my entries.

• edited September 2018
  • Nice entries so far guys, we are still waiting on @Aryanf, @saveria201, @JoeMoose, @Dechujoh64, @KrampisZman, @Latinas, and @bnew07 to drop their round one entries.

**Special announcement!!**

Our very own @jpastor has agreed to help me in the judging of the playoffs!! No pressure, no pressure... :)

(thank you again @jpastor!!)
    It's 9-12-18, you guys got until end of the day 9-15-18 est, USA to drop your card. Good luck to you all.
  • Trying to find time, I'll get something posted in a day or two. :)
  • This oughta be good! *Grabs cartoonishly large box of popcorn and starts munching happily*
  • Hey @Ranshi922, mind if I share some of that popcorn with you?

Thanks for your entry @saveria201! Very cool Duck Tales card.

Now we just have @KrampisZman @Aryanf @JoeMoose @Dechujoh64 @bnew07 @Latinas to drop their entries. (Sorry for the constant reminders, but this is to keep the contest flowing and on schedule and in case you may need the reminder.) Remember you have until end of the day, eastern standard time, USA, 9-15-18 to drop your one card.
  • @sorinjace, as long as the popcorn isnt also alive... or some weird biological part of the bucket... xp
  • Um, that'd be weird @Ranshi922... Drugs are bad, m'kay
  • Oh my God! They killed Kenny!
  • edited September 2018

I loved Ed, Edd, and Eddy when I was younger. Their 4th wall breaks were amaaazing.

Also, source clip of the pic.
  • Lol at you both @JoeMoose and @Ranshi922 alright thank you for your entries guys! Now we are just waiting on the following cardsmiths:
    @Dechujoh64
    @bnew07
    @Latinas
    @KrampisZman

Your running low on time guys you have until the end of the day est USA, Sept. 15th. Hate to bug you, but this is the playoffs! XD you snooze, you lose!

@jpastor soon as I have all the entries or the end of the day on the 15th is here whichever happens 1st I will be contacting you about judging the entries thanks again man!

I will be having prizes so stay tuned guys thanks for being patient with me and with waiting for other cardsmiths to drop entries.
  • King Zog, from Disenchantment

• edited September 2018
  • @Latinas @KrampisZman you have 7 hours left to submit your entry, or forfeit your position in the playoffs! Cool entries guys, and good luck to you guys in the 1st round!! @jpastor I will be getting ahold of you in PM's soon.
This discussion has been closed.