(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comments

• I call bedazzle and bewilder if i can do both!
  • edited September 2018
    @Ranshi922 When I release the new set of words, you’ll be able to submit a new entry. Soon, I’m changing how the contest works, so that Smiths can claim 2 words to use on one card or three words to use among two cards. Also bumping up the entry limit per word set to two cards. Hold fast and giddy up!

Also, surprise! The first judgement deadline is coming up, which means it’s time to break out my wonderful box of gifts!
  • Actually, I lost it. I had an idea, but forgot to write it down.
  • edited September 2018
    Surprise! It’s time for the first deadline of Supercalifragelisticexpe- oh never mind...

With the first deadline comes the first set of winners, selected from up to six random judgement categories, as well as a new list... and a new set of rules!

Now, there’s no more word claims. If someone makes a card for a word, it will be available for seven days, and ANYONE can use any word that has not expired. This means that you can enter with the same word as someone else!

Also, for all you go-getters, I’ve modified the rules of card-count. For each new word set, you can submit one card using up to two words from the list, two cards using up to three words from the list, or three cards using up to five words from the list!

So, now, it’s time for the prizes and the new word list! Prizes can be anything I choose, so be ready to see some off-the-wall rewards!

Prizes

Most Popular: @sorinjace’s Belligerent Paladin won the day with a staggering 15 Favorites! Such aspiring fame requires a prize with some authority attached to it...

Prize
    Divine Dictionary: Choose a word for your next entry. That word will be added to the list.

Best Combination of Word and Flavor: @TezzeretofCarmot21’s Melliloquent Song cast light upon a world of darkness. Maybe this will cast a light onto... the future?!

Prize
    Soothsayer’s Light: You’ll know the next deadline at least a week early

Best Functionality: @DragonFaceEater’s Curse of Affluenza puts the greedy into their place. Speaking of greed and putting people into places...

Prize
    Chicken Dinner: You can choose a prize category and winner in that category for the next deadline. (You can’t choose yourself and the category cannot be too specific [ex: Best Black Card would work, but Black and White card wouldn’t])
    Prize Modifier
    GREED
    (You don’t have to choose a winner for the category you choose. If you don’t, you can win in that category.)

Best Flavor Text: @Ranshi922’s Bacciferous Whelp leverages my favorite kind of humor in MTG... dark humor. Speaking of dark...

Prize
    Blackberry CHALLENGE: If your next entry is a black card or has black mana or the word black in its text (flavor text excluded) you’ll receive two prizes. -OR- You can eat the blackberry for a guaranteed favorite on your next entry.

Now, I’ll be back with the new word list. Tootle-loo!
  • I'm kind of sad that mine didn't win one of the flavor text awards, but I'm not salty or anything. Congrats to all the winners!
  • @Aggroman15 Don’t worry! You might just win this time! Or the next time, or the next time, or the next time,...

• edited September 2018
    Who’s ready for word list number three?!

Btw, just realized Mary Poppins Returns has been announced... what have I done?!

Bold words are from previous lists. Previous entrants can now enter again!
    • Asitia (noun): Lack of appetite, or disgust at the sight or thought of food. Word will expire if not used before the next card list releases.
    • Malfeasance (noun): The wrongdoing of a person, particularly a public official. Word will expire if not used before the next card list releases.
    • Parse (verb): To process. Word will expire if not used before the next card list releases.
    • Verisimilar (adj): To appear true/To depict realism, particularly in art. Word will expire if not used before the next card list releases.
    • Taradiddle (noun): A childish lie or fib; pretentious nonsense
    • Flabbergast (Flabbergasted, Flabbergasting) (verb): To surprise greatly/astonish
    • Bedazzle (Bedazzled, Bedazzling) (verb): To greatly impress with ability or appearance
    • Faustian (Faust) (adj): (Of a person) Having sacrificed their morals or soul for great power.
    • Bewilder (Bewildering, Bewildered) (verb): Cause (someone) to become perplexed/confused
    • Malistic (adj): (Of a person) Believing that the world is evil/Malism (noun): The belief that the world is evil
    • Viva Voce (adj): By word of mouth
    • Hirsute (adj): Hairy
    • Snollygoster (noun): A selfish person, 2 days left to use starting Sept. 24
    • Go Kaput (Verb Phrase): To break or fail
    • Serendipity (noun): A stroke of good luck; the playing out of events of chance in a favorable way
    • Vie (Vying) (Verb): To compete (eagerly [with someone or something]) to accomplish something, 2 days left to use starting Sept. 24
    • Shindig (noun): A large, lively party, normally in celebration
    • Skulduggery (noun): Underhanded behavior or tricks
    • Allodoxaphobia (phobia, noun): Fear of opinions, 2 days left to use starting Sept. 24
    • Bombastic (adj): High-sounding, but with little meaning; exaggerated
    • Potato (type of plant): Click here for more information
    • Cantankerous (adj): Ill-tempered; uncooperative, 2 days left to use starting Sept. 24
    • Vinificate (verb): To turn (juice or plant extract) into wine
    • Eviscerate (verb): To remove the innards of (an animal)
    • Yawning (adj): Wide open
    • Aegis (noun): Protection or support (of a person or thing)
    • Precocious (adj): (Of a child) having obtained certain skills earlier than usual (or expected)
    • Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (adj): Extraordinarily good; wonderful
    • Panoply (noun): A (full) suit of armor; a protective cover
    • Pundit (noun, added using the Divine Dictionary): An expert in a particular field whom is frequently called upon to give commentary or opinions about said field to the public.
  • @Tommia, I call Allodoxaphobia. It is also fear of others' opinions.
  • I also call vying and snollygoster
  • Here's mine for Cantankerous.

• Vying and Snollygoster
  • This is true about me...
  • @Tommia, I'd like to add this word to the list for my reward:

Pundit

Definition: (Noun)
    A self-professed expert in a particular field, especially as called upon to provide comment or opinion in the media; a commentator, a critic. [from 19th c.]

Pundit is a word that best describes the types of cardsmiths that feel they are experts at cardsmithing, and these types of cardsmiths can come across harsh to other cardsmiths with their comments on their cards sometimes, whether it is intentional or not, it is a great example of this word. Remember, media is basically this entire site, it is technology used in hopes for better communication with others, so the example I gave is very spot on to the definition.
  • edited September 2018
    @sorinjace You open the dictionary, turning to a page within and reading a word for curiosity. Suddenly, the page flies out of the dictionary and dissolves into light. “Your will has been granted” rings a disembodied voice.

@Ranshi922 You plant the blackberry in the ground, and, harnessing the mana of the realm, allow it to grow.

Your arcane power yields a berry with magical properties, and consuming it grants the following benefits.

Prizes
    Arcane Knowledge: You will know a single prize category before the next deadline comes.

Thief’s Cunning: During this deadline only, you will be able to claim any card as your own.
    Prize Modifier
    FAIRNESS
    (That card’s owner may choose to do the same.)
  • Cool. Can I use that thief thing at the very end just before judging?
  • edited September 2018
    @Ranshi922 Absolutely! I’ll give everyone a three-day notice at minimum.

Also, I should tell you now that you shouldn’t steal any of my cards because I can’t make myself a winner >~<
  • *tick tick tick tick tick*

“Hey everyone! I know it’s been a while since I’ve been to this page but- HOLY CRAP A TIME BOMB!”

Due to a week without entries, a time bomb has started ticking down... to October 3rd. If no one else enters by the end of that day, the bomb will explode.

This means that the word list, excluding those added via Divine Dictionary, will be wiped, as well as all entries, and the next deadline will begin. (Items that can only be used this deadline will not expire, meaning you can use them next by the next deadline if this deadline ends via time bomb.)
  • edited September 2018
    @Tommia, what time zone and what qualifies as the end of the day?
  • @Tommia, I use the thing to steal Cantankerous T-Rex.
  • @Ranshi922 Gosh dang it dude.
  • I win by default
  • I win EVERY PRIZE THIS ONE! *Maniacle Laughter*
  • edited September 2018
    Well, may as well create another one. Here's a Potato!

• The day ended ho so it doesn’t count
  • I typed the steal at the last min of the day
This discussion has been closed.