Creature Feature (ongoing)

Comments

• edited September 2018
    @Estuways
    Alternatively, you could crop them as I suggested (to achieve an upper-body/torso image) and you wouldn't even know they were originally "centaurs."

• NEVER EVER CHOOSE SOMETHING THAT HAS ONLY ONE TWO THREE FOUR ETC.
    NEVER CHOOSE SOME CREATURE TYPE THAT HAS LESS THAN [BLEEPING] 10!
  • Somone request pheldagrifs
    They have only 2 old ages
  • Ok to settle this, someone please create an "izzet" themed noggle creature using the picture @Faiths_Guide provided, but guys try to keep the requests not too difficult to find art for from here on out please thank you! :) Noggles are interesting but I can see @Dechujoh64's point, we need to be less obscure with our creature requests.
  • edited September 2018
    HERE'S THE GOD [BEEP] [BEEEEP] [BEEEEEP] NOGGLE!

NOW A GOD [BEEP] [BEEEEP] [BEEEEEP] IZZET HUMAN WARRIOR!
  • Um wow ok @Dechujoh64 it's cool man, goose faba
  • Goose Faba
  • edited September 2018
    (Cup Row is an actual Izzet street on Ravnica, btw.) How about a Faerie?
  • @sorinjace pick 4 random cards you havent favorited
  • @Estuways has priority guys and he requested a faerie, so let's see a cool izzet themed faerie from someone!
  • edited September 2018
    This contest hasn't been posted on for a bit, so I may as well start things up again!

Yes, Faerie Dragons are a thing. Let's keep it simple for this next one. How about an Izzet Goblin.
  • edited September 2018
    @Aggroman15 is right!

We have reached the deadline!

3rd place @Faiths_Guide
    Please list 3 cards you'd like favorited

2nd place @Estuways
    Please list 4 cards you'd like favorited

1st place @Dechujoh64
    Please list 5 cards you'd like favorited
    (Yeah, the Noggle creature got you the win. Thank @Faiths_Guide for the wacky idea, and play nice! Lol)

Here is this deadlines criteria for each creature requested:

Each creature this deadline must have Convoke

@Aggroman15 requested a goblinwhen the criteria was it had to be izzet, but now the new criteria is convoke, so instead if an izzet goblin, create a Goblin with Convoke.

Good luck guys!!
  • Oh, convoke is a fun theme.
  • edited September 2018

And I think I have to choose a new creature type... How about a zombie with convoke?
  • edited September 2018
    @sorinjace Yay! I got a win! Luckily, the competition was so limited this time, with 4 total entries, guess my chances at a place among the top three were at least 75% anyways, LOL! I'll get back to you soon with fave requests, never had to do those before. My card library is still pitifully small, too. Noggle's aren't my jam really but the card is good, in my opinion. @Aggroman15 thanks for freeing us of limbo. I bet Izzet-looking faerie dragons are so niche that finding lots of great artwork wasn't easy.
    Also, hell yeah, zombie with convoke sounds dope. I'll try to get around to it tomorrow or the day after. If someone else is faster, by all means, I'll just share mine for funsies then.
    Also, @Jadeor lol, that's 4 times 2 damage on up to 4 targets AND a 3/2. This card would be worth $$$.
  • @Estuways wow I hadn't seen how OP it is... what if it's 2/2 and each creature deals 1 damage?
  • How about Anticipation Beacon and 2 more of your choice from my other latest 8?
  • edited September 2018
    @Faiths_Guide you got it my man! Thank you for the sweet community support you quietly provide, it does get noticed man I promise it does. How did you like working on the set symbol for @Dechujoh64 btw? He volunteered my custom set I started last year for the set symbol it was nice of him, I wish I had that avatar he has ;) the symbol you made is of all 3 sets combined to make one for the site here.

Anyhow, guess what I found? A stash of my old sketches that survived the past 12 years. I took pics of them with the phone so I can make cards with them, I'll make a set folder for them on my profile. My art isn't no way near as good as yours, but it is my art and I love how original this mini self project is going to be, hopefully you'll take the time to check the cards out (or anyone for that matter) and please don't judge me too harsh on my art, I'm no @Faiths_Guide but I'm not that terrible (I don't think.)
  • And yeah a Zombie with convoke, damn I'd make it but I'm hosting this and I only make cards when there seems to be an issue with creature feature, or if it's an example card, or if it's asked of me by a fellow cardsmith that participates on this thread.
  • @sorinjace
    I was happy to help @Dechujoh64 out. I was told that it was a combination of three ideas ;)

Awesome, let's see some personal art! I need to find time to make some more of my own.

Have you found time to leave the faves yet?
  • edited September 2018

Zombie with Convoke! I think it would be cool to see a wizard with convoke!

Here it is. Now, create a Shade with Convoke.
  • Ooh a shadow with convoke, nice choice of creature for convoke @TenebrisNemo

@Faiths_Guide I'm sorry i can't remember if I faved the cards or not, so I'll head over to fave the ones I will h[m
  • edited September 2018
    I know I'm late, this is my Convoke Zombie anyways.
    @zizick123 Yours is excellent.
    Edit: Here's the proper link to the card on mtgcardsmith. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/noxious-cryptstalker
  • @Faiths_Guide, your cards have been favorited.

@Estuways, did you delete your Zombie, the link is busted.
  • @sorinjace, right, weird, it worked fine when I posted it. It's the first time that I've tried linking to the mtgcardsmith card while showing the full art picture. I've added the link.
  • Right on!

So @TenebrisNemo has priority at the moment, and his creature request is Shade, so guys the challenge is create a Shade creature with convoke!
This discussion has been closed.