Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Deleted due to unimportant lol.
  • New planeswalker card and cards for the challenge.

imageimageimageimage

• @BorosPaladin I see you’re using my custom mechanic. Cool!
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Yeah it works really well with what I want some of my planeswalker to do great idea.
  • I haven't found the time for this and been really busy, so looks like i'm dropping down the points board
  • Lugik's defense for challenge A is ready!

• edited September 2018
    image image

I will give you these two now for the challenge. More cards + story coming soon. I'm busy right now.
  • This time the snake did not crawl up your shoulder. Instead it hanged down a branch or shelf beside you and whispered.

"Tonight two voices have silenced. 14 voices still speak."

• edited September 2018
    Last week's challenge (I do not have time to find art, Sorry) @Jonteman93

Grow, Void of Emotions
    {2}{W}{B}
    Legendary Creature - Demon Wizard
    Rare
    At the beginning of your upkeep destroy target creature with power less than Grow, Void of Emotions' power.
    Whenever a creature with power 2 or less dies draw a card.
    3/3

Herald of Grow
    {1}{B}{B}
    Creature - Demon
    Common
    When Herald of Grow enters the battlefield destroy target creature with power 2 or less
    1/1

• Eliminated

Zaha, Eldrazi's Herald has been silenced and sent home.
    Thedure, the Inventor has been silenced and sent home.

image image

@ZAHADOOM, @ TheEnderDragon
    You two have sadly been eliminated this week. I hope you'll continue to have fun and feel free to continue following this journey if you would want to.

• This week's challenge

Sacrifice for the Loved
    {1}{W}{B}
    Instant
    Rare
    Choose target planeswalker you control, you may remove any number of loyalty counters from it. You gain 5 life for each loyalty counter removed this way.
  • What are the scores, I might need to ramp it up this weekend if i want to casually meander along this journey...
  • I have been rather busy these last days and still am. Work work work.
    I'll give you the current rankings, some information regarding the tower, the man and serpent and the new challenge later when I get home. It'll probably take 3-5 hours or so.

In the meanwhile. How do you guys think this is going this far?
    What do you think of the challenges? Are they too limited?
    Do you get a good amount of cards?
    Are the challenges fun?

There are 14 planeswalkers left and 9 of these will be eliminated before we get to the center "the seven rings".
    So I wonder how long time you would want that to take.
    I had first planned 6 (A total of 10 pre-central challenges)
    Another option could be 4 (A total of 8 pre-central challenges)
    What do you think? Would you want the journey be longer or shorter?

Note: The seven rings and the tower will take hold during two weeks and host two special challenges with limited entries.
  • Do you mind if I can join this? It seems interesting.
  • Welp, I am going to get eliminated bc I cant keep up with all that I want to do here and what I have going on irl... how much I loved my summer routine...
    get up, eat, shower, CS, go to work, lunch, CS, Cards, read, work out, CS, dinner, TV and games, bed... twas a simple life of a "cleaning lady" (i just say that bc ive never seen a cleaning service with dudes in it...)
  • @Jonteman93 is it okay that I posted my cards like that?
  • @Jonteman93 Yeah, I will able to actually post things on time if I could post them like that. I just don't have time
  • @DoctorFro @Bobman111
    Yes and no.
    I can allow partly but since I actually don't have the finished card I can't give it full points.

However I would like you @DoctorFro to at least post the card with a placeholder artwork like Bobman now did with feast of souls so I can put it into the excel file.
    I will judge the cards as usual but I will only give them approximately 2/3rds of what they would be worth with fitting artwork.
    You can take your time to find the artwork and then just replace the card and you'll be given the full points. (I won't count that as editing the card so it can be done after the deadlines.)

Oh and the artwork does not have to be perfect for the card just fit the theme.

Does this sound good to you?
  • Here is the ranking from last challenge:
    please inform me if any of the slot information is wrong.
    The slots include those cards posted recently.

1st: @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos - have 0 slots unused.
    2nd @Aggroman15 - have 2 common and 1 uncommon slots unused.
    3rd @BorosPaladin - have 0 cards unused
    4th @ShaperKyon - have 1 common, 1 uncommon and 2 rare slots unused.
    5th @Bobman111 - have 1 common and 1 uncommon slots unused,
    6th @Decaldor - have 2 common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare slots unused.
    7th @MonkeyPirate2002 - have 3 common, 1 uncommon and 1 rare slots unused.
    8th @AxNoodle - have 1 common, 2 uncommon and 1 rare slots unused.
    9th @LyndonF - have 1 common, 3 uncommon and 1 rare slots unused.
    10th @Lujikul - have 3 common, 1 uncommon and 2 rare slots unused.
    11th @DoctrorFro - have 2 common and 3 uncommon slots unused
    12th @Arceus8523 - have 1 common, 1 uncommon and 3 rare slots unused.
    13th @Ranshi922 - Have you chosen option A or B yet? You have 3 common, 3 uncommon and 3 or 4 rare and/or a legendary slot unused.
  • oof... when do i have until?
  • edited September 2018
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 Sorry but this journey has been going on for 4 weeks now so no more people can join.

@Ranshi922 Don't stress too much. I recommend that you sit down and use some of your rare slots so you catch up.
    You have until next deadline which is 10:00 am London time next friday. (Or when the snake reports how many voices has been silenced thereafter.)
  • Ok. So sunday will work. I have lots of CSing to catch up on.
  • edited October 2018
    You investigate the remains of the settlement that you had fought to defend or overtake. You find out from one of your allies or one captured by you of a series of notes/books/scrips/runes that explain more about the tower and its master.

It turns out that you are not the first planeswalker to walk this land nor is this current group of planeswalkers the first group. Many groups of planeswalkers have came and gone with a mere century or so passing between them. All seeking the tower and its master, all hunted by the ethereal serpent, The spark eater.
    The master of the tower is by some sources simply called the master of the tower. Other sources call him the old one as he have been there before even the oldest of historical records. Some call him the master/controller of serpents. However the common title for him is the game master. As these traveling planeswalkers, some good, some evil, some insignificant, some lawful, some chaotic all appear during such regularity that it all has begun to appear as some kind of inter planar game. Where their world is the playground and he is the host. Why else would everyone seek the tower and why would the serpent lure them there? Why would so much happen soon after a planeswalker appears in the land? It is as if the planeswalkers are tested, challenged, trained.

The tower is by all sources mentioned as such. The tower. The great tower. The pillar of the world. The tower is located in the middle of an island in a lake that is surrounded by swamps, mountains and forests. This region resembles that of seven rings so that is what it is refereed to. The land of the seven rings. A place that is very different from the land around it. It seems as if the passing of centuries and ages does not affect anything within as it does to that which is located outside. Many curious and mortal travelers and explorers have tried to enter the seven rings but it is defended by five great beings called the five guardians.

Challenge #5 - I'm going on an adventure!

In the notes you also find a map that show you how to get further towards the tower. The vast size of the journey you have before you is almost frightening but through dedication and a bit of magical power you know exactly how you will travel this huge land. Maybe you decide to take a ship and sail across the open sea. Maybe you travel in the stomach of great sea monsters. Maybe you prefer to fly high in the sky on the back of a huge bird, or a dragon. Maybe you want to travel simple by horse and wagon or by steam powered machines.

The challenge
    Create one or multiple cards that explains your great adventure. Be it vehicle, dragon or your own creative creation.

For this challenge you are given:

* 1 legendary slot
    * 1 rare slot
    * 1 uncommon slot
    * 2 common slots

Don't spend it all at one place hahaha.
    Note: posted cards don't need to be related to the challenge in hand.

Jonte's example cards:
  • edited September 2018
    I plan to catch all the way up this weekend
  • @Jonteman93 (I believe you will find that I have only one rare slot remaining out of four, the three used being Soul Sink, Jugiha Temple, and Ocean Traverser.)
  • @ShaperKyon Oh right sorry. I missed the temple.
  • @ShaperKyon lands aren't spells though, and the slots indicate for spells specifically.
  • @Jonteman93 Is that true? Do lands not count?
    Just for the future if I want to make another land.
  • @ShaperKyon I haven't actually thought about it.
    I don't see a good reason why they would not be allowed except that they are not a "portable" resource that the planeswalker can bring along.
    So from a game mechanical perspective: Sure.
    From a logic and journey persective: Dosen't really make sense
    It is part of the journey but not something that can be brought for the journey...

My head hurts.

I don't want to say go wild so.
    Lets limit the land uses to 3 common lands. 2 uncommon lands and 1 rare lands.
    Thus people can create lands but not too many. I think.
This discussion has been closed.