Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• Tomorrow evening and sunday I will work on this!
  • edited September 2018
    Nothing to see here, move along.
  • The temple thing was just posted today
  • @Jonteman93 why fly on a bird when you are one? :D
  • edited September 2018
    Guys, I think it's time to create a map of Clancularius, including the following places: Gewar, Nyaaki, Vinheim, Levial forest, Rivermouth, Tristania Wizarding Academy, @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos's forest, and anywhere else people want to add. I shall start:

On the eastern coast of a continent called Frynheina, near the equator, there's a sea filled with islands. They are populated by human city-states who trade on the sea (the Ya'whoto). (This is reminiscent of Greece but more tropical, with a Southeast Asian or Caribbean feel.) One of the islands is called Uilna and it contains the city-state of Nyaaki and the famed yet secret Jugiha Temple. To the east of the Ya'whoto, on the open ocean, the merfolk kingdoms are. To the west of the Ya'whoto, there is a great forest called Cestina where the elvish society is located, a loose alliance of states. North of Cestina lies the Huelka Range, inhabited by dwarves (cue @BorosPaladin). South and west are open. I was thinking that Vinheim and the rest of @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos's creation is north of the Huelkas (just a suggestion). @Everyone, please add to this!
  • edited September 2018
    West of the Huleka mountain range lies the Itaran union a collection of Romanesque city states created from the fall of a mighty empire. To the north lies a multitude of medieval human kingdoms constantly at war with one another, the union prevents a major invasion but skirmishes and trade are plentiful along the border. In the center of the mountain range lies a valley inhabited by a multitude of Nordic clans who cooperate with elves, dwarves and each other i order to fight the monsters near the first circle and keep them at bay. (think something like the Starks from game of thrones.)

You guys can veto anything I said but that's what I want to add.

I think I might have to get in on the story blurbs now.
  • @Jonteman93 do the lands slots give us more cards to make that aren't judged because iv'e been wanting to make a dwarven mountain for a while.
  • @BorosPaladin I may be wrong but if you use your spell slots to make lands, they will be judged.
  • edited September 2018
    I've got Photoshop (Yay!), so I'll be creating a map. I haven't read all your story things, so if you could please tell me where exactly the things will be located, I will update the map as we go. I'll post it as soon as I'm finished. Also, I want to put everybody's spawnpoints on there, so once the map is finished, could people tell me where on the map you all came here?
  • Here's my map-story. Selamore is a large continent north of Frynheina. On the east of the continent is a vast desert, one that nobody has ever explored fully. It is devoid of life other than the lizards and few plants that thrive there. There are rumors of a tribe of Viashino that have adapted to the harsh environment, but they are widely regarded as myth.

West of the desert is the Forest of Ruins. As the name suggests, there are an abundance of ancient towers, castles, and cities left from an unknown kingdom. Many are filled with riches, but even more also have traps.

The rest of the continent is covered by the Great Plains. These plains are dotted with human cities and settlements, but the main ruling power of the northeastern part of the plains is the kingdom of Paqura. The plains are split by the Terihar Mountain Range, which, like most mountain ranges on Clancularius, is inhabited by dwarves. In the range lies the Searva Volcano. It is rumored to be watched over by a powerful elemental. (Who, if you have been reading my story, is Sean.) The southwestern portion of the Great Plains is pretty much open range, with kingdoms on multiple continents vying for control of the area.
  • @BorosPaladin
    Land slots are not extra slots but the limit of slots you can use for lands. That is lands that are used in your spell book and included in your point total.
    You can however make any amount of lands that are set as flavor/story cards, that is cards that are not included in the spell book and thus not judged either.
  • @ShaperKyon @Aggroman15 Far north of Cestina are the Tehan villiages... for the moment. They move sometimes. WhOOo magic
  • Do you guys think the challenge this week is reasonable?
    The cards I would had in mind are cards that have flavor that can be connected to travel rather than mechanical.
    Would you maybe want me to change it or include a secondary challenge this week which is easier to grasp from a mechanical point of view?
  • edited September 2018
    @Aggoman15 Hmm...I think I will have to squish Frynheina in order to fit another continent north of it. All right, here we go:

The equator passes through the Ya’whoto Sea and Cestina Rainforest. @BorosPaladin I guess that Nordic valley in the Huelkas will have to be pretty high to have a North-like kingdom because it’s basically in a tropical region lol. (Unless you want to relocate it or take away the Nordic flavor). Many rivers flow from the Huelkas to the Ya’whoto Sea in the south and the Ferrar Sea in the north, that separates Frynheina from Selamore. To the northwest of the Huelkas, the Itaran Union lies around the mouth of one such river, in a semitropical, Mediterranean-like climate. East of the Itaran Union and north of the Huelka Range lie the Wild Lands, an untamed wilderness of hot savannah, rolling hills, dense forest, expansive lakes, and dismal wetland. The Wild Lands border the Ferrar Sea to the north and the ocean to the east, and are home to a variety of human, elf, dwarf, tehan, viashino, other fiefdoms and nomadic tribes. Some of these often raid the Itaran Union but are unable to conquer it.

I feel no need to discuss Selamore in depth since only @Aggroman15 has designed on it. I will say that it lies in a temperate climate zone (between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Arctic Circle).

@Jonteman93 Since you have just explained that the travel theme is flavorful and not mechanical, I think this challenge is fine.
  • @BorosPaladin You could relocate the valley to the Terehar Range, as it is above the equator.
  • Ok. So. Does anyone know how to get a picture that you have saved, such as one you photoshopped from scratch, to here without it being blurry? Because the last time I tried doing that, the picture came out blurry.

• edited September 2018
    (So, for this particular challenge, do we have to wait until the map is finished or what?

@Aggroman15 Maybe you could google some tutorials about it? Sorry, I'm no expert in that due to the lack of a good PC lol.)
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos No. The map is just a fun thing that we are doing so that we can see what the world would look like, and so that we can kind of plan out where we want our character to go next and stuff like that. It is recommended that everyone contribute to the map, but it is in no way required for the challenge or this contest.
  • @Aggroman15 (Well, the map is just for the direction and encouragement for people so they can work together and make a bit stories here and there in their character's journey anyway.)
  • @Jonteman93 Do these "Adventure Montage" cards have to be in our colors? Because not every event that happens and important person I meet is going to be able to be defined in my colors.
  • @Aggroman15 The flavor/story cards don't have to follow any rules except that it must be stated that they are flavor/story cards in some way.
    So they can be any color regardless of your own.
  • @Jonteman93 Can I make a 6 cmc card with kicker that goes to a higher mana cost?
  • @ShaperKyon Kicker is only an additional cost and optional as well so it is not counted into the cmc. So yes of course.
  • @Jonteman93, can I just keep powering up my planeswalker's arson-al and not go by plotpoints?
  • Of course. That's what I do more or less.
    The initial and still active intention with this whole journey is that you decide your own story and if you even want a story at all.
  • edited October 2018
    @Jonteman93 I lost interest in writing a story; I don't enjoy writing pieces of lore now that Thedure is gone. Ah well. Here's my land for the challenge, hopefully it fits as a rare card.

Spell slots left:

Legendary: 0
    Rare: 1
    Uncommon: 2
    Common: 5

Oof, I think I may want to clear out my common space (haha get it), it's looking a bit full.

Edit: WHO IS MOST DARING TO FIT THIS LAND INTO THE WORLD. WHO SHALL COMMIT TO THIS ARDUOUS TASK. THIS IS MY CHALLENGE.
  • Okay, so I've got two new cards for the challenge plus another card for kicks, hopefully this all will push me out of the bottom three.
    My Max CMC:
    My current slots left are:
    3 Rare
    1 Uncommon
    2 Common
    My color(s) are:
    Red
  • @Arceus8523, you never disappoint me! I hope you win the whole thing!
  • @Jonteman93 I would have continued making cards but it got boring waiting for this challenge to take action from the inactivity and late timing from when the challenge was suppose to start on.
  • @WickedShadow196 Yeah I was unsure how long I should have let people join before the challenges. I taught 3 weeks were enough but it was seemingly too long instead. I'm sorry for that.
This discussion has been closed.