Ravnica Allegiance with a spooky spin **Circuit Challenge**

With the Guilds of Ravnica out of the way and Magic the Gathering is giving us Round Two for Ravnica.

So in this contest, I want you the cardsmiths to make me Cards that you would think would be in the upcoming set.

Here are the ground rules.

#1 YOU MUST SAY THE CARD YOU HAVE MADE IS IN WHICH GUILD: Azorius, Rakdos, Gruul, Simic, or Orzhov.
#2 Only Single color or one of the five named guild colors can be used.
#3 MAX CARD COUNT PER CARDSMITH 10.

Really its that simple.

Oh now what about Mechanics... well I have decided that you the cardsmith may use one of these 15 mechanics.

For AZORIUS: Forcast & Detain and the custom mechanix by @Lastjustice: Arbiter- Long as you have exactly four cards, this creature *Effect*
For RAKDOS: Hellbent & Unleash and the custom mechanix from @strongbelieves: Reckless (Whenever this creature is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
For GRUUL: Bloodthurst & Bloodrush and the custom mechanix from @rednaxela Warcry (Whenever this creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it. At the beginning of your end step, if it didn't attack this turn, remove a +1/+1 counter from it.)
For SIMIC: Graft & Evolve and the custom mechanix from @KrampisZman Counterflux [Cost] ([Cost], {t}: Move a +1/+1 counter from this creature onto another target creature. Counterflux only as a sorcery.)
For ORZHOV: Haunt & Extort and the custom mechanix from Me, @Dechujoh64: Hinder N. (Choose a creature with the greatest toughness from among creatures you don't control and put N -1/-1 counters on it.)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You don't need to use a mechanic but if you do only use those above. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Finally, for the Halloween spin on this. You can only use Creature types that you think would fit the Halloween Mold.
Basilisks, Drakes, Elementals, Elves, Faeries, Mutants, Trolls, Golems, Spirits, Avatars, Demons, Devils, Dragons, Goblins, Horrors, Hounds, Imps, Nightmares, Ogres, Rats, Shades, Thrulls, Zombies, Centaurs, Cyclopes, Giants, Wurms, Angels, Bats, Gargoyles & Vampires.

Have fun Makin' Cards Everyone.
END DATE of HALLOWEEN 2018 at MIDNIGHT.

1st place: 5 faves a follow and 1 Circuit Point
2nd place:4 faves a follow and 3/4 Circuit Point
3rd place: 3 faves a follow and 1/2 Circuit Point
if I follow you already, add one fave.
All cards in this contest will receive an automatic fave.
Any Honorable Mentions that don't place in the Top Three will earn 1/4 Circuit Point.

Always remember to DEFEND YOUR GUILD!

Comments

• oof a tough choice. I love all the guilds... and if I am told to pick favorites I side with izzet and boros... I need time to think 'bout this.
  • @Ranshi922
    I think you can make cards for each of the guilds if you wanted.
  • John told me. I sort of assumed bc of the ending “Defend your guild”
  • edited October 2018
    Well, my main guild isn't apart of this... Guess I'll have to make cards for each guild represented here.
  • @sorinjace, that would be "a part" not "apart."

That's what I will be doing too unless something as powerful as a whim or inspiration hits me to do extra on one.
  • @Faiths_Guide if you want you may make however many cards for whichever guild is listed above. or stick to one guild.
  • @Dechujoh64 can it be any card type? I know creatures have to have a specific creature type, but are we allowed to make noncreature without any spooky theme?
  • @TheCenterOfTheUniverse Yes. You may. I'll add that notion in a little bit.
  • “Mighty” and “restore” don’t feel like their particular guilds. R/B doesn’t really do lifegain and Rakdos is all about pain, while restore doesn’t feel like it should be a mechanic representing an entire guild. (Sorry, I’m just voicing my opinion.)
  • edited October 2018
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 I agree on both counts 100%
  • edited October 2018
    @Dechujoh64 I want to make sure I understand the rules. We can use the mechanics above but don't have to, so would this card be a valid entry?

For my Simic Combine guild mates, something spooktacular:
  • edited October 2018
    @TezzeretofCarmot21 and @bnew07 Would you like to help me out then and find a more suitable custom mechanix?
  • Simic:
    Biotheurgy by @Beeswax
    Biotheurgy (Each +1/+1 counter you remove from a creature you control while casting this spell pays for {1}.)

Gruul:
    Warcry by @rednaxela
    Warcry (Whenever this creature attacks, put a
    +1/+1 counter on it. At the beginning of your end step, if it didn't attack this turn, remove a +1/+1 counter from it.)

OR

Assault by @JAM (modified by me)
    Assault (Whenever this creature attacks, you may remove this creature from combat and have it fight another target creature. When you do, that creature can't block this turn.)
  • edited October 2018
    @Dechujoh64
    Some mechanics:

For RAKDOS
    Painborn by @Animist
    Painborn (Each 1 life you pay while casting this spell pays for {1}. This creature enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it for each 1 life paid this way.)

Reckless by @strongbelieves
    Reckless (Whenever this creature is dealt damage, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
    --TheMechanix version
    Reckless (Whenever this creature is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Rush by @MaverickGV
    Rush [Cost ] (You may cast this spell for its rush cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's sacrificed at the beginning of the next end step.)

For SIMIC
    Collective by @Beeswax
    Collective (This creature has all activated abilities of creatures you control with collective.)

Metamorphose by Tomigon
    Metamorphose [Cost] ([Cost], {t}: Exile a creature card with power equal to this creature's power from your library, then shuffle. This creature becomes a copy of that card, except it has this ability.)

Counterflux by @KrampisZman
    Counterflux [Cost] ([Cost], {t}: Move a +1/+1 counter from this creature onto another target creature. Counterflux only as a sorcery.)
    New name idea: "Fluctuate" by @Feyamius

Mitotic by @Gafratt01
    Mitotic [Cost] ([Cost]: If this creature's base toughness is 2 or greater, exile it. Then create two creature tokens that are copies of the exiled creature except they have base power and toughness X/X, where X is half of the exiled creature's base toughness, rounded down.)
  • NOW MAKE SOME CARDS!
  • edited October 2018
    Azorius:
    imageimage

Simic:
    imageimage

Gruul:
    imageimage

Rakdos:
    imageimage

Orzhov:
    imageimage
  • Just a quick comment it is rumored these five guilds are under the influence of Bolas WOTC Dimir bio page
  • @Dechujoh64 can we add Skeleton to the list of creature types?
  • The five not in GRN
  • @DoctorFro check out this article by Mark Rosewater on the design of Guilds of Ravnica and Ravnica Allegiance:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/guild-order-part-1-2018-09-10
    Two of the guilds in GRN are under the control of Bolas, and those two both have Planeswalkers as guild leaders (so Izzet and Golgari). 3 of the guilds in Ravnica Allegiance are going to be under the influence of Bolas with planeswalkers at the helm.
  • or
    we will be seeing another planeswalker at the helm of another guild.
  • wait... nevermind. (F U Ral. I thought you were cool.)
  • Golgari arguably isn’t...hmmm @TheCenterOfTheUniverse I missed that apologies
  • Yep. Also Ral's description said that he is willing to do almost anything to protect his home. He wouldn't side with Bolas. (Niv might've tho)
  • Just a simple Golgari uncommon:

• edited October 2018
    Azorius

Rakdos
    image image

Simic

Orzhov
    image image
This discussion has been closed.