Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• I will change the deadlines for each challenge to 17:00 (5 pm) London time each Friday instead. Since I'm busy during the day the deadline is postponed so many times it only leads to uncertainty.

Also I'm sorry for the bad quality of the challenges recently. The combination of your different colors, some kind of logic to the challenges and my lack of inspiration have led to the reduced quality.
  • @Aggroman15 Your land is a mythic. You don't have a mythic slot (yet). Do you still want to keep it until you get that slot?
  • edited October 2018
    Yea that was the idea thank you...that is why i put it at common rarity
  • @DoctorFro Travel with Friends basically gives a creature in your hand flash with a drawback (defender). A creature with power 0, 1, 2 will probably cost 1 or 2 mana, so I'd say Travel with Friends is pretty balanced for a common power level. (By the way you have to make an actual card with Cardsmith, even with placeholder art, to enter it in the challenge. You may not have seen @Jonteman93's message about this.)
  • edited October 2018
    Dark Days to Come - Part 2

"Oh man, we've actually just been combing this gigantic forest for days. I still believe that we should take the sea and the river route instead." Darius, the thief extraordinary wasn't really an adventurer. He was technically a person of civilization. But when the situation arose, anyone could break down the limits of their own confinement.

The black-furred, wolf-shaped nightmare entity the thief was riding on its back was still silent as ever. A courtesy from the armored wraith-king of nothing, or just his planeswalker employer.

"Hmm, according to the journal of the dead man, it seems like we're already close to our destination. And this is better than just floating on a raft in the middle of the ocean anyway." Answered Jag'dranoth on his own nightmare-wolf mount as nonchalant as ever. Unlike his winged brethren, the wingless Underworld spawn didn't harbor such malicious or heroic soul. In fact, they were almost too humanlike. And in such place, such trait would be considered as a blight in their dark society.

"Fine. It's just that this... wolf just creeps me out everytime I see its eyes." Despite of it, the thief just seemed to be sitting calmly on his mount.

"Nightmare creatures can emit various effects towards the living beings, especially to humans and animals. The most palpable effect is the fear. But you seem to be just a little uncomfortable despite of all that." Responded the wraith-walker who lead the hunting party. Still the dark spirit was in focus of the search of the said location according from the direction he obtained from his pillaging act in the village near the shore before and translated with the help from his necromancer associate.

The ride was currently being at a slow pace because of their proximity to the said location.

"Is that the... portal gateway?" Darius pointed towards a moss and vines-ridden concrete structure that shaped like a giant doorframe that had semicircle shape on its top. Runic engravings were also palpable across its surface.

"It should be, but it looks depowered. Someone has to make the mana flow to activate it." The wingless demon added in as they were approaching the structure.

Arrived in front of it, they three then stopped.

And the wraith-walker just raised his right hand, and with a flow of dark mana, the portal frame was engulfed in a purple haze. The runes were also came alight with purplish glow, and then, the vortex.

"Um, who would go first?" Darius chimed in.

His demon companion just chuckled.

"You can go first."

"Really Jag?"

"Stop dawdling and follow me." The wraith-walker beckoned and just went into the portal instead.

"Heh, don't be such a man-child, little thief." Taunted the demon.

Darius grimaced, then shrugged, and he finally rode along into the portal, following both of his somewhat otherworldly companions.

"Such a luck." And the thief could only sigh in his exasperation.

- || -
  • edited October 2018
    The snake is back! on your back! crawling back! to your... ear.
    Whisper whisper.

"Tonight two voices has been silent and only 12 remains."

As it crawled back down your back it stopped and said.

"You might want to be careful. Who knows what might fly by and miss you with an inch."

• 11 hours... riiight. For some reason I thought I had today
  • @Ranshi922 Sorry but I can't delay the deadlines. If I delay the dealines more I'll need to push forward the future deadlines as well. Also my Friday is running out. It's already dark here. I need to close this challenge and begin the next.
  • edited October 2018
    Eliminated

Ranshi, The Grand Blaze has been silenced and sent home.
    Lugik, Dream Emissary has been silenced and sent home.

image image

@Ranshi922, @Lujikul
    You two have sadly been eliminated this week. I hope you'll continue to have fun and feel free to continue following this journey if you would want to.
  • @ShaperKyon I believe they only have half cried it until art is given
  • edited October 2018
    Challenge #6 - Mistaken rivalry
    What a lovely day. You are making progress and you are only a few weeks from the tower. What could possibly go wrong now?

WHOOOOSHH!

A ball of concentrated magic sweeps pass you just inches before your face. It collides with the trees/rocks/ground/clouds a bit away and explodes in a large powerful blast. After grasping what just happened you look in the direction from which the ball came. You notice someone in the distance. How dare he/she attack you!?
    You prepare your new powerful spells as you approach the fool.

The challenge
    Create cards that are quite useful against this special opponent of yours.

For this challenge you are given one of the following:

Option A
    * A new color
    * 1 higher mana cost
    * 1 mythic slot
    * 1 uncommon slot

Option B
    * 2 higher mana cost
    * 1 mythic slot
    * 1 rare slot

I took option A
    Jonte's example cards:
  • A little explanation is in need I believe.

This challenge is about making cards that would prove useful against this opponent of your that you believe attacked you.
    You can't "win" or "lose" this encounter and storywise you will not fight to the death, rather you'll fight and then somehow are separated.
  • @Jonteman93 (So, I can also write down a short story that includes your character then.)
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Yes you can do that.

This is true for everyone. However I advice people to keep it "realistic" rather than "propagandist".
  • edited October 2018
    @Ranshi922 R.I.P.

V. Beirani, part 2/4

"Kyoniq."
    "Kyoniq!"
    "Yes?" asked Kyoniq, looking up from Zejid's Overview for the first time in hours. A young woman was standing over him, the wizard named Seira of the Lore Ward who had guided him through the Archive. Kyoniq had finished reading about the Tower hours ago, and had now delved into other subjects, devouring text after text: geography, history, biology, magic, science, culture, literature…
    "Pyuri is here," said Seira quietly. "She wants to speak with you." Seira nodded her head and stepped to the side. She had been watching him most of the hours he sat in the Archive, taking notes on his reading choices and his notes. She may seem quiet, but her mind was always working, gathering and interpreting information.

Pyuri the necromancer was walking up through the Archive doors. She had removed her bone-adorned leather tunic, which Kyoniq guessed were her “work clothes,” and was now wearing an elegant black dress and boots that echoed as she walked. The glowing horned skull hung on a cord tied around her waist. “Bad news, my friend,” she said sarcastically to Kyoniq. “It turns out that Haliza wasn’t the end of our problems. Her disciples have gathered in the jungle and are attempting to alert the elves of Cestina, which is not good for Jugiha. They also seem to have acquired an artifact called Beirani. I’ve consulted with the Lore Ward member on the Jugiha Council and he said that they’re trying to use it to summon something called the Serpent. Something about aether and sparks. You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” exclaimed Pyuri, noticing the worried looks on the faces of Kyoniq and Seira.
    “The Spark Serpent is an aetheral entity that lives by eating the sparks of planeswalkers,” explained Kyoniq. “I am a planeswalker, so if the Serpent is indeed summoned, it would remove my spark and strip me of much of my power.”
    “Yeah, I knew you were a planeswalker,” mused Pyuri. “It’s pretty obvious considering your magical power. No wonder Haliza’s followers are trying to summon the Serpent!”
    “Without the Serpent to deal with you, you could overrun them before the reinforcements arrive,” added Seira. “Beirani is their only hope to stay alive.”
    “We must leave at once!” said Kyoniq. “I can’t allow Haliza’s followers to summon the Serpent. We must take Beirani.”

Pyuri and Seira quickly assembled a force to strike Haliza’s disciples. Kyoniq and Seira would be accompanied by several wizards from the Lore Ward, and some of Pyuri’s zombies. She, of course, would not be going.
    “Are you going to send the same human zombies again?” asked Kyoniq to Pyuri. “Haliza dealt with them pretty easily.”
    “Don’t worry,” said Pyuri. “This time, I’m bringing something a little…bigger than before.”

imageimage

The trio met up with the mages in an alcove above the Archive. One, a merfolk, stepped forward and identified himself as Fei’wet of Gyllia. “I wield form-shaping magic similar to your own,” he explained. “The other specialize in psychomancy, water and wind elemental magic, illusions and countermagic, and binding and weakening magic.”
    “You certainly have quite the repertoire,” remarked Kyoniq, impressed.
    Fei’wet nodded curtly. “Shall we set off, then?”
    However, Kyoniq stalled the group outside the temple, noticing the drakes once again. They were blue with orange or red accents and perched on the rocks, chirping loudly. He watched one’s agility as it caught a fish from the water, accelerating and turning instantaneously. “Fascinating,” muttered Kyoniq. He bonded to a couple of them and led the way out of the temple, the drakes trailing behind.

imageimage
  • edited October 2018
    Can any other characters that we have in our story help in this fight, or is it 1 on 1?

Also, are the different options just for what you want, or are there any other implications based on option A or B?

Also, do you have to wait for your opponent to respond to make a move? Or can you just create your own version of the fight, and your opponent creates theirs?
  • @Aggroman15 If they are in your spellbook then they can help.
    However that is just storywise since this encounter does not have any real impact outside of the challenge. Unless you want it to make more impact that is.
  • Nah. So options A or B are just whichever one you want, no special things happen depending on?
  • @Aggroman15 Yeah exactly.
    They only give different things to do in split challenges. There will be one more split challenge in this journey.
    You will be given the choice option two times more. (Both will include the color option and a non-color option.)
  • edited October 2018
    @Jonteman93 @Aggroman15

This is my new mechanic: Contravene. It is an ability that triggers an effect whenever a spell or ability is countered.

For the record, I will choose option B. I think I like Demetrius as a two color planeswalker. I don't want to dabble in black or red just yet (green's off the table.)

Spell slots left:

Legendary: 0
    Mythic: 0
    Rare: 2
    Uncommon: 2
    Common: 5
  • @Jonteman93 @Aggroman15

You ready for another spell? No? TOO BAD, COUNTERSPELLING TIME!!!!

Spell slots left:

Rare: 1
    Uncommon: 2
    Common: 5
  • edited October 2018
    @MonkeyPirate2002

Counterspells? NOPE!

Fliers? NOPE!

• Also, I will be choosing the second option. I eventually want Aggrol to be U/R/G, but I want to add blue when it feels less random.
  • edited October 2018
    Dark Days to Come - An Encounter

"Portals portals, and more portals." Commented Darius on top of his nightmare-wolf mount.

Overall, the landscape was indeed intriguing. Floating islands filled the horizon, and almost each of them had the the same gateway portals on top of it. The design was also very similar with the one from the forest on the surface world before.

And in the distance, he could see someone was approaching the hunting party. Jumping from island to island.

"Um boss, I believe we have a problem."

Septim Vulganos raised his armored left hand, and he just jumped from his wolf mount onto the ground below.

On top of his mount, Jag'dranoth just grinned.

"Looks like the welcoming committee is coming."

And with a shook of the ground, the stranger finally arrived.

Now the party could see that the stranger was a male humanoid white tiger who had a sort of runes that had green glow inscribed on the many part of his torso.

"I am Jonte, the Warden of life and the wilderness. And I have noticed that your foul presence is unwelcoming. I can't tolerate that you just walk freely on the surface world and wreaks havoc everywhere." The cat raised his hand. A greenish orb that steadily grows in size was suddenly appeared on his palm.

And with a burst of green magic, a great horned beast with a luminous horn then appeared beside him.

The armored wraith-walker just stared at the cat, and slightly turned his head towards his minions.

"You both shall leave. This is my problem alone. We'll meet again in the next rendezvous point."

"As you command, boss. Let's go!" The demon kicked his mount, and jumped towards another island with a portal gateway that floated somewhere far below.

Darius just stared in silence, and nodded. Then his nightmare-wolf finally just jumped towards the demon's position, and both were vanished as they went through an already active portal gateway.

Currently, both of the combatants were just in a staring contest.

"Ah, a beastmage. So simple minded, but yet so determined." Taunted the wraith as he materialized his unnamed steadily-smoking with dark-magic cracked greatsword.

"It is in my duty to uphold the life on this world. I have the power to accomplish it, therefore I have the responsibility." Answered the cat with a frown.

The armored wraith just walked slowly to the left, and turned to face his opponent in a beckoning manner.

"Then show me what you've got, beastmage."

"Grraagh!" The cat roared, and jumped high in the air while his horned beast charged towards the wraith.

The nightmare-wolf that was just stared in silence turned into a smoky substance with a pair of glowing yellow eyes, and the substance flew towards the charging horned beast and engulfed its head, causing it to change its direction and fell. But it wasn't done as it rose up again and change its focus towards the remterialized again nightmare-wolf that encircling it similar to a real predator. Then, the black wolf leaped.

-|| -

Engulfed in a greenish aura, the cat-planeswalker smashed the ground with such impact and magic that it caused the ground to be spiked upwards on all directions around him.

But even before the cat hit the ground, the armored wraith had already stepped back to avoid the impact.

In a thrusting position imbued with dark magic, he charged onwards through the spiked ground without even moving a feet. It was like he was quickly teleporting although he was just moving at such quick speed.

But the greenish aura of might was still holding his cat opponent strongly. It seemed like he just hit an indestructible object.

The wraith repeated his moving strokes and slashes again, and again, and again, but tje cat just held both of his hands in an 'X' position, still without showing any kind of damage.

"Grraagh!"

With a blast of magic, the wraith finally barrelled back through the jagged grounds due to the shockwave, and just stood again like nothing ever happened.

"Heh, you're not so bad after all, beastmage." The wraith innerly smirked.

In response of it, the cat wizard released another green orb, then just punched the ground with it.

The ground trembled, and an uncountable amount of large vines and plant matters were suddenly sprouted out from the ground itself, engulfing the large area around the caster, and all of them went into the wraith's direction.

Another large vines that sprouted from beneath the wraith were tried to engulf him, but it was quickly decayed to death due to his own activation of his classic brand of dark magic, the decaying aura.

The same thing was also happened to any other vines that tried to reach him. Adding with the slashing motions, no plant matters would ever came close to touch the king of shadows.

"Weak." The dark planeswalker taunted again.

"Grrr...." His cat opponent seemingly frustrated in his endeavor, although technically he still had something else in his sleeve. Something that would surely devastate the whole island and beyond it but such endeavor would be fruitless because his dark opponent seemingly had the glaring edge over the speed alone.

"Mark my word, dark one. We will meet again, and I will be sure that that would be your last."

"Keep trying then, beastmage. I could use a light workout in the future."

"Grrraaagh!"

And with that in mind, the cat just jumped away towards another floating islands until he was vanished into one of the portal that lied far from the fight that just happened. Slowly, his rhino summon that was in a fighting with the nightmare-wolf was also dissipated into the green mana itself.

'Such a great first impression.' A smug thought was appropriate after all.

'But still there are other important works to do. It seems like I have to prepare something too for the future encounters against such adversary. I believe that they can quickly learn from their mistakes. And that matter is concerning.'

The sky and the horizon in that particular world was still breathtaking nevertheless.

'So what is this realm called? Did the necromancer say something about the Overlay? Doesn't matter right now.'

"Let's go, wolf."

Time passed on.

"Well, that was underwhelming, achoo!" On another floating island, a humanoid bear who just observed the whole scene sneezed.

-||-
  • (Gonna make the cards soon, I'll take the option A.)

Upgrade:

* A new color
    * 1 higher mana cost

My free slots:

* 1 mythic
    * 1 legendary
    * 2 uncommon
    * 2 common)
This discussion has been closed.