Planeswalker's Journey

Comments

• edited October 2018
    (Here are some of my new entries. Gonna continue the story later too.

And those cards should be good against the jank that belongs to you, @Jonteman93

image image image image

EDIT: Okay cards fixed.

My free slots: Okay, no more free slots.)
  • @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos I'd play Psychic Decay over Thoughtseize any day.
  • @ShaperKyon Kinda complicated if it comes to balance tho.
  • @Jonteman93 @Aggroman15

What? You thought you could get away with making your spells uncounterable? I'm not a one-trick pony you know.

Spell slots left:

Rare: 1
    Uncommon: 1
    Common: 5
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 What is your niche? You seem to be countering spells now, which makes us both white blue counterspells.
  • @Jonteman93 @Aggroman15

Spell slots left:

Uncommon: 1
    Common: 4
  • edited October 2018
    Hey! You can't do elementals! That's my thing! Well, no matter. Ice won't do much against fire.

• Okay, @ShaperKyon , you have in my opinion one of the most unique walker gimmicks/themes, so I'm excited.
    To take care of power and toughness modifications:
    imageimage
    And to take care of clone effects:
    imageimage
    My Max CMC:
    My current slots left are:
    1 Mythic Rare
    2 Rare
    0 Uncommon
    1 Common
    My color(s) are:
    Red and Blue

Now for a brief lore update on our newly-izzet walker(s):
    Once they had encountered Kyoniq, while Estus was the current personality in control, Estus figured the only way to really defeat Kyoniq was to use his own powers against him in some way. His studies had made him adept at mimicking other magic-users and through the course of this fight, he slowly picks up blue as a new color. The new blue mana within the body also established a new connection between Archie and Estus in the form of a telepathic link, allowing the other personality to act as a voice-in-the-head of the personality in control of the body. It is through this link the two reach more of an understanding of one another, and start working to willingly switch between the two personalities. The two still don't exactly see eye-to-eye, but they now recognize they really need one another if they're to succeed in this journey.
    (Not an entry, just a walker update.)
  • edited October 2018
    @Aggroman15 I hate to rain on your parade (water puts out fire ha ha so there), but Melt-Mage Elemental's ETB trigger is ridiculously narrow. I would either make it less so, give an alternate effect, or have the trigger be a kicker ability, because most of the time you're paying for 4 mana for a vanilla 2/3.
    @Arceus8523 Wow the pressure is on! I will meet your challenge once I catch up on my story which should be soon.
    @AxNoodle @MonkeyPirate2002 Well, I'm afraid I'm going to shift into white…which will create the third white-blue planeswalker and the second white-blue aven planeswalker. Sorry! :-)
  • @ShaperKyon
    For the record, since it has been specified this isn't a death match, I propose a truce at the end of it all.
  • edited October 2018
    (Ignore this message. Just fixed some things about my latest cards.)
  • edited October 2018
    @AxNoodle my niche is mostly bounce effects. I am merely dipping into W/U counterspells to deal with Mr. Aggressive over here.

@ShaperKyon why not go into Green? That would be more fitting for your niche--creature augmentation and fabrication.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Four reasons:
    1. Green is about natural strength and letting nature take its course, fatties, fight effects, pump effects, etc. Though Kyoniq seems similar mechanically, he is quite different ideologically: he is about changing creature's forms, copying them, and trying to see how different creatures can get from their "natural strength."
    2. In a similar contest called Tournament of Champions (which has been put on hold due to the disappearance of our host @TenebrisNemo but that's irrelevant), where we designed legendary creatures instead of planeswalkers and fought each other, I also started with a mono-blue character and planned to bring him into blue-green, then blue-green-red. I planned to bring Kyoniq into blue-white and then blue-white-black for the sake of difference.
    3. Archie and Estus are red, and white is the enemy of red. Archie and Estus have direct damage, and white has damage prevention.
    4. White has tons of cool pump effects that would work well with Kyoniq's niche.

Wow, after typing this, I realize it qualifies as a full-on rant. Oh well.
  • @ShaperKyon okay, thank you for giving me your reasons to go for blue white. There's nothing wrong with having multiple planeswalkers of the same color. We're all different in our own ways anyway. I hope you have fun with your decision!

P.S. I betcha @TenebrisNemo is gonna show up at one point. Let's make a bet: I say it will take at least 1 day before he comments on this site. Whadda you think? :D
  • @ShaperKyon Yes, I know that it is really narrow, but I created it to deal with @MonkeyPirate2002 's newfound interest in elementals. I tried hard to come up with a good other way to portray the same effect of melting ice, but I wasn't sure what that would be. Also, with the "Water beats fire so it shouldn't be able to destroy water elementals" thing, something called evaporation happens when water gets heated up, so there. I may increase the Melt-Mage's P/T to 4/4 or something so that the ETB trigger is just a nice bonus should it come up.
  • edited October 2018
    @Jonteman93 @Aggroman15

You underestimate the High Fjord. You're going to need more than fire to win this fight!

Spells left:

Uncommon: 0
    Common: 4

Edit: Yes, the Ice Block is a creature.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 From what I can tell, @TenebrisNemo is an active cardsmith even though they have more or less abandoned the Tournament. And since I have mentioned them, they will probably comment on this thread. However, 1 day is kind of short so I will take that bet.
    @Aggroman15 NooOoo ThE wAtEr ShAlL nOt BE evAPoRateD
  • edited October 2018
    Well, you're going to need more than 0/1s!

Simple but effective.
  • *quietly sits in corner and watches while working on his secret project*
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Yeah. Yeah you do. Let me just make some quick edits...
  • @Arceus8523, I love the new Estus!
  • There we go. A bit more expensive, a bit more easy to kill, but does super big trample damage.
  • @Aggroman15

I see what you did there...
  • edited October 2018
  • When Alex awoke he found himself kneeling and wrapped in chains in a large courtroom surrounded by 5 or so guards and a man in black robes and a silver mask.

"So what do you have to say for your comrade." Said the guard who appeared to be the captain. The man in the silver mask then looked down at Alex.

"This man in no comrade of ours," Said the man in a low husky voice. "all members are accounted for and this man is no one of them."

"Hmm, I don't buy it, you can't trust these brotherhood scum." Said one guard who stepped up and got into the man's face.

"Now, now, Scallius. Enough." Said the captain. The man then turned and started walking towards Alex. Alex then looked up and stared at the man. His eyes began to glow blue and the shadows began to form around him when he was suddenly struck in the back of the head. Alex shook his head and continued to stare at the man.

"Ugh, you brainless goons. Damn this curse." Said a dark voice in the mans head. The mans eyes went wide and he staggered back a bit.

"A shadowspeaker, I thought they were all dead!" Said the man in shock. The captain looked at the man in confusion. "Can you not hear it, " Said the man with wide eyes. He stood up and began to undo Alex's bonds.

"Hey what are you doing!" Said the captain as he began to walk towards the man.

"He is to dangerous to be kept here, he must be released." Said the man, his eyes glowing a strange blue hue.

"Hey, you stop that." Said the captain, but it was too late. The chains fell and Alex rose to his feet, and with one fell stroke he cut both the captain and all the guards in two. He then re-sheathed his hook and looked to the man, who stood completely stone faced.

"So, you can he-" He was abruptly cut off by a sharp object entering his esophagus. He reached up and pulled a dart like object out of his neck and passed out.

To be Cont...
  • @Jonteman93 could u tell me how many slots I have left
  • Bc I lost track and I would like to record them
This discussion has been closed.