(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comments

• @Tommia, so we can use any words, even if they were used previously?
  • @Tommia, thanks for adding FUBAR, but I was thinking of it in the sense of the military acronym, which is F***** Up Beyond All Recognition. Used for when things go really bad.
  • My card using Blitzkrieg.

• edited October 2018
    @01101 As long as a word is on the most current list and has not expired, it can be used. Also, I added that as a valid definition.
  • @Ranshi922 I... um... oops...

Yeah... I didn’t... erm... think about that...
  • edited October 2018
    Surprise! The next deadline is October 12th! Get any last second entries in now before the board gets hectic with prizes! There will be six prize categories, with eight prizes to give out, so things should be fun!
  • edited October 2018
    Some players have items to use. This is a reminder of what items are on the field.

@DragonFaceEater
    Chicken Dinner: You can choose a prize category and winner in that category for the next deadline. (You can’t choose yourself and the category cannot be too specific.)
    Prize Modifier
    GREED (You don’t have to choose a winner for the category you choose. If you don’t, you can win in that category.)

@Ranshi922
    Thief’s Cunning: During this deadline only, you will be able to claim any card as your own.
    Prize Modifier
    FAIRNESS (That card’s owner may choose to do the same.)
  • I’m worried that if I use it, they’ll take a good entry
  • Do I get a compensation if I don’t use it
  • @Tommia I will be submitting a card using the Pundit word very shortly, i am also using this in a 5 part cycle I am working on for @TezzeretofCarmot21's cycle contest, shameless plug but if you guys are up for a challenge (because lets face it, cycle of cards is a lot of work and not easy to do) go check it out before it is over.

Also @Tommia, after I submit the card, what word(s) am I allowed to use because I noticed the contest has changed up, sorry it's been a little while I got swamped with work and other cards and contests and talking to my peeps such as @Ranshi922
  • @sorinjace, don’t go blaming this on me! XD

Pundit didn't get used in the name of the card, but it did get used in the flavor text of the card. I'm hoping that this counts!
  • I’ve decided to take the “this deadline only” limitation off of most prizes that have it. Some have been modified to last for multiple deadlines, while others can be used whenever. Here’s the current prizes it effects.

@Ranshi922
    Thief’s Cunning: During this deadline or the next, you will be able to claim any card as your own.
    Prize Modifier
    FAIRNESS (That card’s owner may choose to do the same.)

@sorinjace It’d normally only count if it’s in the name, but I’ll make an exception this time... :3
  • @Tommia, I used malism and hirsute already. Why are they in the list?
  • edited October 2018
    @Ranshi922 You may not have noticed when I updated the rules, but words can be used for up to 7 days after they’re initially used.
  • edited October 2018
    Before it runs out, i'd like to take Taradiddle... although i'm not entirely sure if i got it right:

• @Tommia, I call serendipity!
  • Serendipity - noun the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.
  • Oi! Whaddaya think you're doin'?!

I Love everything about that card. Nice job!
  • Thanks! I am really proud of it! (It might be a bad thing that the one of the first things that went to mind upon serendipity was cheating...)

I even checked with my AP English teacher to make sure the connotation was right
  • Well that smarts :3
  • edited October 2018
    ┐(°_o)┌
  • Soo any of the words are fair game? Mwahahahaha...

• edited October 2018
    @Tommia
    Go kaput - to fall or break
    (I referenced you in the flavor!)
    I actually did read the dictionary once because I decided to take my teacher's sarcasm literally.
  • @Tommia
    Eviscerated - to deprive of vital content or force
This discussion has been closed.