Colonisers of Astraliastra

Comments

• edited October 2018

• The next challenge is an exploration challenge!

You need to type: I SEND MY EXPLORERS TO:

And then fill in the blanks. I will then tell you what you found there, and you will get to respond with making a card. I will pick 3 people with the best cards that will expand their territory. The other 4 will be content with what they have.

Not participating in this contest won't result in an elimination, but you'll miss a chance to expand.
  • @Lujikul @sanjaya666 @Vardrus @ASubtleGhost @ningyounk @Bobman111 @Aggroman15

Ain't that a beautiful lineup of names?

Now, go! Expand your empire!
  • I SEND MY EXPLORERS TO:
    The octopus islands for some free real estate and to discover their secrets
  • @HeroKP
    (Do we get to invent a location, or do you want a cardinal direction to fill in the blank?

If it's a location:

I SEND MY EXPLORERS TO the nearby ruins of what looks like an abandoned temple.
    Let's see what kind of false gods they worship around here.
  • edited October 2018
    @Vardrus

The Octopus islands it is!

Now, when the sorcerers arrive on the island, they are greeted by an empty cost, sparkled with crystals of some kind (*winky face*), that seem to focus light.

Now, you do something cool with this (as in make a card that utilises the crystals), you get to keep half the islands!

But, if someone beats you, you're not gonna find any use for the crystals, and your colonists will come back considering the isles irrelevant.

• @ningyounk

You aren't allowed to pick a location, but, coincidentally, I wanted to lure you into a temple anyway OwO

So temple it is!

At your arrival, the pagans in there (made up of desert elves or something???) seem to recognise you. Using your divine powers to decipher their language, you realise that the priests are split in half - some think you are the angels from their legends come to save them from the impending DRY SEASON OF DOOM (like winter in game of thrones but the exact opposite)

And some think you are siren monsters from their folklore, coming to feast on them once they die from starvation induced by the DRY SEASON OF DOOM (yes, I am going to capitalise that every time I use the term)

Find a way to make do with this situation, and you will gain control of the theocracy, and get one step closer to crossing the desert.
  • I send my explorers towards the southern part of the western clade.
  • I am going to make a dandy flavor card for everyone! Everyone who POSTS that is...
  • @ASubtleGhost

Here's the kicker, you see...

Do you go along the mountains...

Or do you go down the mountains and reveal yourself to mundane humans?

The mountain route is long, so you'll cover less territory, but do you want the humans to know you exist yet?
  • @HeroKP Until we know more about the humans' motives, power and technological level, I say we avoid them and go along the moutain range. The long way it is.
  • edited October 2018
    @ASubtleGhost

The mountains are filled with resources, yet they desperately lack sentient races (at least that you know of...)

You did find some birds with steel-hard wings and magical feathers that explode when they die though...

• edited October 2018
  • fmsfms
    edited October 2018
    Sorry hero. Been renovating my new house only to find a couple of leaks so I have been working overtime to fix those and then check to ensure there are no more leaks or dry rot creeping in.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • @fms

Oh, that's ok. I'll tell you when part 2 is out so that you can actually participate :)
  • After a few (disastrous) attempts at either taming or slaying the creatures, the scout teams have learned to deal with them from afar, with relative success.
  • I send my explorers to the northern part of the Western Clade, at the point where the body of water separating the Eye and the Clade is thinnest.
  • @ASubtleGhost I cannot put into words how much I like it, nor can I explain why I like it. It's just amazing
  • edited October 2018
    @Aggroman15

Actually, you got pretty lucky. Your ships are sailing through the bay, with no distractions whatsoever. Taking over this plane will be a bree....

OMG WHAT ON EMRAKUL'S GREEN EARTH IS THAT THING?! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! WAIT, IT LIVES IN WATER, OH MY GEE GOLLY!

• After researching about the strange crystals and their effect on light, King Exor himself managed to turn those crystals into a weapon, by charging them with their own magic power, that shoots the light focused within the crystals in a focused beam that burns everything in its path to the ground... once it's finished at least, since it is still under construction at the moment.

• @Vardrus Great! That ought to scare them sheep (the smartest things that live on the octopus islands, as far as you know) into submission!
  • And yes, I'll hint at there being a hidden race living in hiding on the plane CONSTANTLY
  • Ruler of sheep, nice title don't you think?
  • The Anserian Empire shall delve deeper into the Dark Woods. You can never have too much nature.
  • If you can't kill it with fire, kill it with water!

• @Lujikul

So you decide to go deeper down the rabbit hole. Literally! The whole deep forest is covered in giant holes!

Are these homes for some kind of twisted beasts? Are they caused by the magic of the hidden men? Is it some sort of catatonic reaction?

Lesser-willed troops are slowly losing their minds, and there are tales of strange voices talking in the forest.

That's all you have to work with. Good luck.
  • edited October 2018

TO give you a sense of what it feels like.
  • The Anserian Empire has decided the most effective course of action is to rid themselves of their lesser-willed troops. Left unchecked they'll inevitably bring about disaster.

• @Lujikul

This is just so cruel, horrifying, and I love it.
This discussion has been closed.