(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comments

• May I join in?
    I want Bombastic
  • edited October 2018
  • Another one.

• Poltergeist - a particular brand of ghost (I dont feel like actually writing the definition)
  • edited November 2018
    Sorry I haven’t checked in in a while. Been busy, preoccupied, or just generally being with family. However, now I can keep things up to date, since the word list was on the last page...

Event - Broken Words

Instead of using a word on the list, entrants are allowed to use tiles from the tile pile to make a word of their choice! The word must be somewhat interesting and contain three or more letters, though five or more is recommended.

Tiles
    Five A’s, Eight E’s, Three I’s, Six O’s, Four U’s, Four Y’s, Five Vowel Tiles (Used when a vowel that’s not available is claimed), Twelve Consonant Tiles (used whenever a consonant is used), Twenty Five Blank Tiles (used when there is no tile for a letter being claimed). Count updated Oct. 23rd.

Now, for the rest of the words. (This is not a new word list)
    • Viva Voce (adj): By word of mouth
    • Shindig (noun): A large, lively party, normally in celebration
    • Skulduggery (noun): Underhanded behavior or tricks
    • Vinificate (verb): To turn (juice or plant extract) into wine
    • Yawning (adj): Wide open
    • Precocious (adj): (Of a child) having obtained certain skills earlier than usual (or expected)
    • Panoply (noun): A (full) suit of armor; a protective cover
    • Fubar (adj, added using the Grimmoire): Out of working order/Seriously or irreparably damaged/F***** Up Beyond All Recognition. Available until the end of the current deadline.
    • Klut(z) (noun): A very clumsy person.
    • Noisome (adj): Having an offensive smell.
    • Quay (noun): A waterside platform for loading and offloading ships.
    • Muster (verb): Collect (a number or amount of)/Gather troops, especially for inspection or preparation for battle.
    Expired
    • Bombastic (adj): High-sounding, but with little meaning; exaggerated. Expired.
    • Aegis (noun): Protection or support (of a person or thing). Expired
    • Enervate(d) (verb): To drain of energy. Expired.
    • Poltergeist (noun): A supernatural being responsible for causing physical disturbances. Expired.
    • Fire Away (verb phrase): To fire (a weapon) at something, normally with little regard. Expired.
  • What? The only letters you said were vowels...
  • There are twenty consonant tiles... they can be used as any consonant.
  • So... I'm kind of lost here, so I think I will go with whats available on the list of words. Sorry for my ignorance, but the tiles is kind of confusing to me.
  • Maybe I'm just tired? lol
  • edited October 2018
    RAH!

Just kidding. I'll check this thing when I get home. Just letting you know I haven't gone on a hiatus. . again.
  • I am using tiles to make the word Dance
    Did I do the thing right?
  • @Ranshi922 Yup! It’s that simple!

Btw... I finally got to check this site proper... yeeh...
  • Using tiles to make the word Dismiss
    @sorinjace, how is this for a counter for that Naga?
  • edited November 2018
    Nyahaha! I hope you had a... scary Halloween. Muahaha!

Anyways, I finally got finished cleaning up those tiles. I don’t have any new words, but I did find this case full of money... oh wait- THAT’S A BOMB!

Due to a week without entries, a smart time bomb has started ticking down... to November 8th. If no one else enters by the end of that day, the bomb will explode.

This means that the word list will be wiped, and the next deadline will begin. The smart time bomb will prevent entries from being destroyed, but the only prize category that will available (if the bomb goes off) will be Most Favorites.
  • edited November 2018
    Here’s the updated word list (this is not a new word list.)
    • Viva Voce (adj): By word of mouth
    • Shindig (noun): A large, lively party, normally in celebration
    • Shenanigans (noun): Secret or dishonest activities/silly, high spirited behavior; mischief
    • Vinificate (verb): To turn (juice or plant extract) into wine
    • Yawning (adj): Wide open
    • Precocious (adj): (Of a child) having obtained certain skills earlier than usual (or expected)
    • Panoply (noun): A (full) suit of armor; a protective cover
    • Fubar (adj, added using the Grimmoire): Out of working order/Seriously or irreparably damaged/F***** Up Beyond All Recognition. Available until the end of the current deadline.
    • Klut(z) (noun): A very clumsy person.
    • Noisome (adj): Having an offensive smell.
    • Quay (noun): A waterside platform for loading and offloading ships.
    • Muster (verb): Collect (a number or amount of)/Gather troops, especially for inspection or preparation for battle.
  • @Tommia, skulduggery is already a card...
  • @Ranshi922 Probably, now that I think about it. I never look at cards when I make word lists because I never have the time.

Anyways, the word has been changed. Huzzah!
  • Um... I don't like that beeping noise.

There are three days left until the bomb explodes.
  • Everyone! Run!

The time bomb will explode tomorrow. Unless someone submits a card soon, the word list will explode, and there will be only one winner for the current deadline. Feel free to claim a word to save from the impending blast.
  • edited November 2018
    Vava Moosh! I mean, Viva Voce!

• edited November 2018
    @sorinjace Using your arcane powers, the bomb disappears, dissolving into the Aether. We may now all let a sigh of relie- Oh man! I almost forgot the deadline!

The next deadline will be Monday, November 12th. With that in mind, here’s some important info:

- There will be three prize categories with four prizes total. The categories are: Most Favorites,
    Best Flavor Text, and Best Two Colored Card.
    - The following prizes are in play: @Aggroman15 has called green for the color pie challenge, and @01101 must call a color for the challenge (pick a color, make a card with that color, win prize). You must pick a color and enter a card before the deadline ends to receive your bonus prize.
    - @sorinjace’s Aegis has received a buff. Now, they can use it to nullify the effects of any one prize or event that would affect them, excluding prizes and events that ignore protective items..
  • Nooo! @Ranshi922, I'll avenge you!
    (*"Hackhem, sorinjace, Ranshi asked for the ban." "Oh yeah, almost 4got. Carry on, carry on..."*)
  • Um... that’s... a thing? Oh well. Guess they’re not banned from the contest then.
  • SLOW DOWN THERE, BUCKAROO!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.