(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #2: Creation Rhapsody

edited October 2018 in Just for Fun Contests
While I love to see the takes on my sets you guys', gals', and other fellow planeswalkers have, it’s time to SPICE IT UP! It’s time for TCPG, the chain of contests designed to make cardsmiths think outside the box, but the most important thing is for everyone to have friendly competition and good fun!

I’m glad to see this is taking off, so let’s start another (Don’t worry, the first one is still ongoing)! This go round will be less gimmicky, but it’ll be just as fun! If you want to participate in a deadline, comment with a list of three to ten songs. (Sorry for the inconvenience, but they must be in English.) I’ll get back to you with a list of ten songs you can use for the current deadline. Three to five of the songs will be songs you sent me in that list, two or three will be related songs, and the rest will be a mixture of songs of my choice, random songs, and songs other people have submitted.

You can submit up to five cards per song, up to eight cards for every two songs, and up to ten cards per deadline, using only the songs in the list I gave you for that deadline. You may not give me any song you have made a card for in the past two deadlines. Please mark any songs with explicit lyrics/language or music videos with explicit content. I will do the same.

Occasionally they’ll be random deadlines and prizes like my other TCPG challenge, so get ready for that! Now, bellow it out!

Comments

• edited October 2018
    :3
  • @Tommia, There are only two here that I like... Why isn't there any Panic at the Disco, damn you!? *Shakes fist in mock ire*
  • I plan on people being able to recommend songs, so don’t worry. Soon, your time will come... MUAHAHAHAHA-
  • Get to the words! I like word games! >:( :)
    I toned this card's inspiration from Wake Me Up down a whole lot. It was the flavor. My logic went as follows:
    "Wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older"
    |
    v
    People don't get wiser when they are older per say.
    +
    Also people refer to death as an eternal sleep.
    +
    Also peoples' thoughts on how ghosts work.
    ||
    When a soul is tethered to the mortal plane, they must fulfill their deepest regret. There are many people who rue not learning more...
  • Hey everyone! The :3 is clickable above! It leads to the best song!

I took Not Gonna Die by Skillet
    My logic is... fairly simple i believe xD
  • Now that I can finally take some time to do this, it’s time for the revamp of this contest... very simple rule changes.

If you want to participate in a deadline, comment with a list of three to ten songs. (Sorry for the inconvenience, but they must be in English.) I’ll get back to you with a list of ten songs you can use for the current deadline. Three to five of the songs will be songs you sent me in that list, two or three will be related songs, and the rest will be a mixture of songs of my choice, random songs, and songs other people have submitted. You can submit up to ten cards per deadline, using only the songs I gave you for that deadline. You may not give me any song you have made a card for in the past two deadlines.

Now, without further ado, anyone can enter!
  • @pjbear2005 Sorry about the delay. I didn’t forget about the contest. :3

Here is your generated list of songs

Five Songs You Chose:
    - Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
    - Africa - As made famous by Toto
    - Heavy - Lincoln Park
    - Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story - Hamilton Musical
    - Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing - Set It Off

Three Related Songs:
    - Don’t Stop Believing - Journey
    - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
    - Knocking On Heaven’s Door - Guns N’ Roses

Two Semi-Random Songs:
    - Run Away - Linkin Park
    - 45 - Shinedown
  • Oh boy! A song from Hamilton; the musical still far too expensive to get tickets to... no joke. When it comes to Philadelphia, even seats that are practically behind a pole cost in the 600 range. Singe seats
  • edited October 2018
    I'll generate a list of songs for myself once I'm actually able to get on my computer. In the meantime, @Ranshi922 (and everyone else who applies) you are allowed to still submit a song list even though you already entered before the rules switch. Your previous entries count for this deadline, but NOT towards your card limit for this deadline

I have a custom built gaming pc, but I can't even use it because I can't afford internet... so I have to wait for a time when the internet isn't being used, or spend an eternity making cards on a finicky iPad that always wants to update.
  • Lol! How ironic! XD
    (If it is costing you too much, I would gladly take it off your hands so you can afford internet.
    Let's pretend that's how internet and buying a computer works... _:D)
This discussion has been closed.