*SPOILERS* Ultimate Masters - Incredible set!

Just when we were spoiler hungry, Wizards sprung a surprise Masters set on us! And boy, it looks like a doozy!
Ancient Tomb! The manlands! Karn! Liliana! Tasigur! Snappy! Goyf! Hierarch! Finks! Witness! The three OG Eldrazi Titans! Gaddock Teeg! Lord of Extinction! Demonic Tutor! Dark Depths! Prices dropping around the board! Wizards’ Sneak stat is incredibly high!
Check it out below. Are you as hyped as I am?
https://scryfall.com/sets/uma?order=spoiled
http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-set/uma/

Comments

• I know I'm pre-ordering a box from my LGS as soon as possible. That Through the Breach art is something else.
  • Way too highly priced... over $300 for a 24 pack box? No thanks.

To me, the borderless cards they have there is how ALL mtg cards should be, not just promos. I'll be in the market for some of those on ebay later on for sure.
  • @RayearthIX
    If ebay is your plan for those, watch out for fakes. They've been circulating more in general lately.
  • edited November 2018
    @Lujikul ship me a new art Tasigurrrr. I play tasigur's new groove in web (basically 30 polymorph effects)
  • I'm somewhat disappointed that this will be the last of the Masters sets (according to the WotC announcement). They were not bad, and if they are basing this decision off the sales of Iconic Masters and Masters 25, then they should understand that sales were bad because they were badly curated sets, and not because Masters sets themselves are a bad idea. The pricing for UMA is also off the charts. I assume it's because of the guaranteed box topper promo, but can you imagine the state of the people who open, say, Lavaclaw Reaches? They'd be furious. I agree it makes little sense to print an incomplete cycle, but still. Same goes for Eternal Witness, Kitchen Finks, and Lord of Extinction. They don't pull the additional value that seemingly comes from the guaranteed promo card. MM17 was an example of a masters set that actually justified its price tag. This doesn't seem to justify that. Also, 300$ is the US price, which itself is high. But what about us non-US players? This is selling for 500$ outside the US, and for that price I might as well buy a playset of Lili or Goyf or Snap or whatever value card I was hoping to pull. Also, there's a strong argument for knocking Goyf down to rare. Reprinting it at mythic isn't too helpful.
  • This set is so good the box toppers <3
This discussion has been closed.