(Ongoing) Tommy’s Cardsmith Party Games #1: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comments

• OU GOOD GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plz do it
  • Plz do! I was going to use those anyway. At least I’ll get points!
    ㅅ ㅗ ㅅ
  • Oh crap!
    @ranshi922
    Give me 7 words!
  • edited November 2018
    Dunno if I did this challenge right
    Here's what I've got
    I read more into what's happening and realized the words were directed to someone else, sorry
  • sombody used one of my words! oh shoot! oh shoot!
    (starts running around in circles)
  • Boom. Some new words on the list, and words now last the whole deadline. Rules? Made to be broken. Man I haven’t gotten on my tablet lately... (this is the most current word list, but it doesn’t count as a new word list in contest rules.)

@Bowler218 Don’t worry. Any number of people can use a word... until it’s gone.
    • Noisome (adj): Having an offensive smell.
    • Quay (noun): A waterside platform for loading and offloading ships.
    • Muster (verb): 1. Collect (a number or amount of)
      2. Gather troops, especially for inspection or preparation for battle.
    • Supplemental (adj): Provided (to complete or enhance) what’s already present or available.
    • Dragonesque (adj): Resembling, or characteristic to, a dragon.
    • 1. Saboteur (noun): A person who engages in sabotage
      2. Sabotage (noun): To deliberately damage or destroy, normally for political or militant advantage.
    • Morose (adj): Gloomy and ill-tempered; in a bad mood.
    • Transpose (verb): To cause two objects to change place.
    • 1. Bigotry (noun): Intolerance for those with different opinions than oneself
      2. Bigot (noun): A person who engages in bigotry.
    • Verdict (noun): A judgement on something; an official decision on a civil or criminal dispute
    • Moral Quandary (noun phrase): A point concerning the judgement of right and wrong (ex: The moral quandary of killing in self defense)
    • Merriment (noun): Cheerfulness; fun
    • Tenacious (adj): Persistent. Not easily dispelled.
    • Camaraderie (noun): A mutual trust between those who have spent much time together
    • Thrice (adverb): Three times
    • Blackout (noun): 1. A failure of electrical supply
      2. A suppression of information, especially one inflicted by the government
      3. A temporary loss of consciousness
    • Throttle (verb): 1. To attack (or kill) someone by choking or strangling
      2. To limit, especially in terms of amount (ex. Data throttling, the throttle in a vehicle, et cetera)
    • Candelabrum (noun): A large, branching candlestick holder, used to hold multiple candles or lamps
    • 1. Vexatious (adj): Causing anger, frustration, or worry
      2. Vexatious Litigation (legal term): Legal action, normally with no legal merit, brought upon for the sole purpose of harassment. (Ex. Suing someone knowing there are no grounds to sue upon)
    • Swift (adj): Quick; having speed
    • Scienter (noun): Knowledge of one’s crime or wrongdoing. (Ex: Knowingly selling a car with no brakes)
    • Sesquipedalianism (noun): The tendency to use long words
    • 1. Megalomania (noun): A mental illness indicated by illusions of grandness and power.
      2. Megalomaniac (noun): A person who suffers from megalomania.
    • Silicosis (noun): Lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano.
    • Alcazar (noun): A Spanish (style) palace or fortress.
    • Lycanthropy (noun): The condition of being a werewolf.
    • Irksome (adj): Irritating or annoying
  • edited November 2018
    imageimageimage
  • @MagicChess That word was from a previous word list. Since it’s an honest mistake, I’ll still judge your entry, but remember to use words only from the most recent list.

@Hergusbergus You’re fine. Words can be used by anyone, even if they’ve already been used, until they’re not on the most recent list.
  • Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In the meantime, I’ll be tormented by family members that never speak to me on any other day of the year.
  • This weekend, i get that too! Let's share the stories we get!
  • edited November 2018
    Extra! Extra! One day only! Inspired by the chaos of Black Friday, as well as Cards Against Humanity’s incredibly absurd 99% off sale, from now until Sunday, Nov 25th (EST) we’re holding a Fire Sale!

Event - Fire Sale!

Anyone who comments during this event will receive a completely random item! The item could be a Mythic Rare prize, something as simple as a favorite, or even junk or a hazard, but heck! It’s free!

(Note: If you receive a hazard, you also get another item.)

• @Tommia Where do you comment? Here?
  • Why the 25th?
  • edited November 2018
    Here's one for Lycanthropy, and one for Swift.

imageimage

Ok I commented, now give me free stuff.
  • @Bowler218 One day would be the 25th for me.

Anyways, time for the items up for grabs... one day later. Sheesh I was out late...

@Ranshi922 For you? We have a buy one 50% off, get two free sale on knives! Everyone likes knives, right?

You Got:
    Knife (Common, Activated): Use this to deal two damage to a creature entry.
    MODIFIER - Loose Handle: There is a 50% chance that the knife will break, doing nothing.

@Hergusbergus Here will do. As for you, we know that TVs are a common Black Friday gift, but why watch TV when you can watch fireworks?! We still have surplus fireworks from the 4th of July, so they’re all 90% off!

You Got:
    Fireworks (Common, Activated): Use this to deal one damage to every creature entry in a deadline, even if they’re submitted after this item is used.

@Bowler218 Let’s see what we’ve got for you... hmm... I’ve got a Bowler Hat right here! All hats BOGO!

You got:
    Bowler Hat (Junk): At least it’s stylish!

@Aggroman15 Free stuff? Absolutely! You get a free Trump Card just for visiting!

You got:
    Trump Card (Uncommon, Triggered): Automatically used at the end of the deadline. Your trump card has a random chance of being picked as a winning card.
  • Nice.

(If I'm being honest, the first thing I thought of when I saw Trump Card was a playing card with Trump on it.)
  • Yikes, looks like I missed the sale. :/
  • @sorinjace But you didn't miss Cyber Monday!

You get:
    Hacking Module (Rare, Activated): Use this to treat an artifact entry as your own.
  • Haha sweet.
  • Sesquipedalianism - The condition that I unwittingly bestowed upon myself. (It is defined as the tendency to use long words. (No joke; you must read my essays!))
    (My essays are typically lyrical philosophical syntheses... For those who were not wondering.)
  • So what items do I have?
  • edited July 2019
    Welp, I didn’t find what I was looking for, but I found this.

Yes! After literally HALF A YEAR, I’ll be continuing this contest... so, refreshers? Yeah. I’ll great right to it... you’ll need it.

OH! And since you all had to wait so long, everyone gets a complementary prize. Just comment to claim it!

Anyways, new deadline, and now, anyone can use any word they want, at any point! Even if it appeared before, you can use it! All entries, however, must be new, and the word must be unique and interesting, or very rare.

Remember! Five cards per deadline, and you can use any word, even if it’s been used! At the end of each deadline, prizes will be rewarded in at least three, but up to ten, semi-random categories! The deadline will be revealed at least one week in advance.

Prize Recap:

@Ranshi922
    - Knife (Common, Activated): Use this to deal two damage to a creature entry.
    - - - - > MODIFIER - Loose Handle: There is a 50% chance that the knife will break, doing nothing.

- Time Capsule (Rare, Activated): Use this to enter any card you’ve ever made into this contest, even if you submitted it before.

- Demon’s Rage (Mythic Rare, Activated or Triggered): Summon an all powerful demon to do your bidding. The demon will destroy up to three entries of your choice, two entries of ‘it’s’ choice, and one other random entry. If you do not call upon the demon within this deadline or the next, it will act upon its own will, destroying ten entries of its choice. Demon’s Rage cannot be sacrificed or destroyed, and its effects cannot be prevented by any item or event.

- A Magic Chest (Rare, Triggered) - Keep this with you. You’ll need a Magic Key to open it, but it contains a Mythic Rare prize! Magic Keys can be earned from completing challenges or events, or as a rare prize.

@crazybrain228
    - Just a Few Too Many Bombs (Rare, Reusable) - Use this to deal 3 damage to an entry -OR- destroy an artifact entry. You can use this as many times as you want during the deadline you use it on, until you throw the bombs away. Every time you use it, however, it has an increased chance of backfiring, destroying every entry you’ve entered during the deadline, as well as all of your prizes. If this happens, you’ll be unable to enter for the rest of the deadline.

@sorinjace
    - Aegis (Mythic Rare, Interrupt): Use this to nullify ALL of the effects of any prize or event that would affect you, excluding prizes and events that ignore protection prizes.
    - Hacking Module (Rare, Activated): Use this to treat an artifact entry as your own.

@Hergusbergus
    - Fireworks (Common, Activated): Use this to deal one damage to every creature entry in a deadline, even if they’re submitted after this item is used.

@Aggroman15
    - Trump Card (Uncommon, Triggered): Automatically used at the end of the deadline. Your trump card has a random chance of being picked as a winning card.
  • WE ARE BACK!
This discussion has been closed.