Planeswalker's Journey 2: Return to Clancularius

Comments

• edited November 2018
    DELETE
  • @HeroKP I think it's more of a complexity issue than a power issue.
  • edited November 2018
    DELETE
  • Can we just start? I have been waiting way too long to get started.
  • @HeroKP overly complex is an understatement
  • edited November 2018
    DELETE
  • edited November 2018
    @HeroKP bah, blue players and their need to make everything needlessly complex... Oh, snap.

I made this card made for the first planeswalker's journey. Unfortunately, I also was eliminated during the same challenge this card was made for (if only I had made one more card >_<).
  • @heroKP that reverse turn thing is A) a paradox, since it causes itself not to be played and B) useless, since there's nothing stopping the affected player from doing the same thing. unless you use it on your own turn because you made a mistake...
  • this is a story card: image
  • @HeroKP

How are those commons and uncommons?
  • edited November 2018
    DELETE

• edited November 2018
    @HeroKP uh, most tutors that put the thing into your hand are uncommons. The fact that the manifest one does that AND counters a spell makes it scream even more like an uncommon.

The cat counters a spell when it enters the battlefield if you have the right planeswalker on the board. That is too much value to be a common.

With the dramatic dramatic reversal card, it's practically a "take an extra turn" with several catches for a SUPERBLY cheap price. Extra turns on their own have been classified as mythic. You consider your dramatic dramatic reversal an UNCOMMON.

This is why everyone is saying your cards are not fit for their current rarity types.
  • @HeroKP
    Isn't Astral Companion's second ability backfiring because you cast Æon at sorcery speed, so when you cast him the Astral Companion resolves first, has to counter a spell, and therefore has to counter Æon? Does this mean he is a...
    DUN DUN DUN
    A traitor in disguise?
    Also, thanks for keeping the niche of Azorius counterspells in the game, that was my niche and colours in PJ1 :)
  • @AxNoodle Yeah, but only if you have an Æon out already in addition to the one you cast. Astral Companion's ETB ability won't trigger unless Æon is on the battlefield.
  • @ShaperKyon Good point, but isn't the second ability still useless?
  • 2 days left to argue about cards
  • edited November 2018
    DELETE
  • @HeroKP You just tagged yourself.
  • @AxNoodle @Bowler218 @ShaperKyon @MonkeyPirate2002

Y'all know what? It is a big piping mess. Instead of trying to be a red herring, I'll just be a blue herring and actually make myself. Expect a new entry soon!
  • Tomorrow, we will jump out of a (flying bus/airplane) dimensional rift into a random area.
    PWJ2, here we come!
  • edited November 2018
    @Aggroman15 My entry:

Niche is lands and mana.
  • edited November 2018
    @shaperkyon that emblem is to strong for a -6. it would work as a -9.
  • edited December 2018
  • Coming in last minute with a control-themed Ahalia tribal!

For more context:

Ahalia is a tribe of rodents and dragons, situated on the plane of Votaria (which was isolated from the rest of the multiverse until Æon visited it for a few milliseconds and tore a hole in its iron curtain). The dragons protect the rodents, and in return, the rodents stimulate an ancient power with them, which grants them great physical pleasure, but also gives them the ability to become incorporeal for a short amount of time. Their last planeswalker leader, Agaia, died recently, and just at that moment, Hiro (I) strolled past the plane. I am now their de facto leader.
  • @heroKP where did AEon go? you mentioned him on your replacement planeswalker.
  • @HeroKP
    Hate to ruin this for you but our max CMC at this point is 3 for creatures so Moonwatch giant and thunderous lightningsteed are both illegal entries. Hiro is fine though as the limit for our planeswalkers is 1 more than our max CMC.
  • @KorandAngels Yeah you're right. Is this better?
  • @HeroKP, @BorosPaladin is correct. You need to fix the CMC on 2 of your cards, as your max is currently 3.

@ShaperKyon Are you going to add any supporting cards for your guy?

ATTENTION EVERYONE! THE JOURNEY WILL START SOMETIME LATER TODAY! GET YOUR LAST MINUTE ENTRIES OR SUPPORTING CARDS IN!
  • IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!
    DU DU DOOO
    DU DU DU DU DOOO
    DU DU DOOO
    DU DU DU DOOO
    DU DU DOOO
This discussion has been closed.