Colonisers of Astraliastra

Comments

• edited November 2018

As you can see, lots of things have changed! The Forsaken Angels sailed across the ocean and set up a colony on the now deserted eastern clade, ratha conquered the goddamned islands, the dwarves and humans formed a coalition to become masters of the western clade, Anseria conquered the isle and pushed Nya up into the continent (nya had to return home, so now the colony is being run by her deputy (who in himself serves the hero of the capes))

And those swirly things... they are portals!

And that's your next challenge. One portal can teleport a group of people to any of the other 2, so make a card that utilises this creatively!

• Im a bystander, but looking at the map, the angels cant get to a portal and the north and southwest will be in conflict.
    Sorry for posting here.
  • @Bowler218

I am fully aware of that. The southwest nations have never fought against another player, so it's high time, and the angels are so good I need to level the playing field. I guess they're just going to have a vision about them or something.
  • @HeroKP
    Okay, I was just double checking since I run stuff like this in my head and not giving someone access to a resource just isn't easy to balance.
  • @Bowler218 @HeroKP
    Actually, you did great mentioning this because I didn't realise it was going to be an issue for the Angels x) I would have straight up designed a portal card I guess xD
  • @all

What's the deal? Shall I speed things up a bit?

The deadline is NEXT MONDAY
  • @HeroKP
    Yes, usually I'd say you need to leave at least one week-end between each round because we all can get pretty busy during week days ;)

On that subject...

The alliance formed between the Fallen Angels and the House Dimir of Ravnica a couple weeks ago has finally bear its fruits. While the Angels are too far yet to see the northern part of the island by themselves, a Dimir informant just brought the news of a portal waiting for them a few miles away.

The Fallen Angels head its way immediately, as the whole purpose of their journey here on Astraliastra is to find the portal back to Valiir, their home plane from where they've been mysteriously locked out of, and this could very well be the real deal. I guess they're in for a cruel disillusion in a few days...
  • @ningyounk

That's the ticket! Love people taking initiative like that!

Also, this is just a suggestion, I'd like to see Moriel do something (next challenge, maybe?)
  • edited November 2018
    @HeroKP
    I thought about it! It's just that it's not a character that has been drawn many times, so I need to figure out a way how to use him. As he's also a powerful planeswalker, I'm probably going to make him appear only once and I want to make it count if I manage to pull it off ;)
  • @HeroKP I see that the portals are in the middle of the ocean. Are they accessible only by sea ? Or is it merely a trick of the light ?
  • edited November 2018
    @ASubtleGhost

\(IoI...IoI)/
    ||

I guess you'll just have to go and see!
  • Scouting comes first, maybe a little bit of assassinating early threats, but mainly scouting:

I didn't realize the problem with the ocean though
  • edited December 2018
    @Vardrus

The ocean isn't a problem. You conquered an ocean empire, for goodness's sake! (Well, on your second try, but who cares) A bit of water shouldn't be a problem for your ships!

Also, can you tell me where you landed? (You have the options of on the eastern clade, on the banana bread islands (eastern of the eastern clade), on the western mainland, in Nya's crumbling outpost, or on the bunno islands (between the two clades)?
  • edited December 2018
    The Anserian Empire makes way by boat to the northern portal to arrive to the ripe unconquered land of the eastern clade.

• The scouts arrived in the north of the western clade since the sorcerers have been passive long enough
  • edited December 2018
    @HeroKP Aye aye captain. The dwarves and the humans find out that their coalition can be fruitful in many ways. For instance, the terrible thunderstorms that rage across the western ocean had always prevented human exploration; but now that they have allied with the dwarven thundercallers and their ability to bend weather tantrums to their will, the human skybarges are free to go, explore, and find the portal in the South-West.
    As a sidenote : what color(s) are the humans ?
  • @HeroKP In the shadows, I have been watching this for a while.
    It looks really fun.
    Please can you notify me of Part 2?
    Good luck to everyone :)
  • @ASubtleGhost Great! Now just tell me where they want to go from the portal, and we're set!
  • @AxNoodle

Sure!

On a side note,

HOLY MACARONI, if ONLY the people who requested to be notified submitted, we'd still be at MAXIMUM CAPACITY!
  • @HeroKP well, you could have another wave of colonizers travel to Astraliastra who are ready to compete with the other nations.
  • YEAH
    LIKE ME!
  • I wish I could say like me, but I was sadly eliminated because the guilds hated my scry elemental. (Honestly, it was quite underpowered compared to the other cards, so I'm not really salty.)
  • @HeroKP Woops. I'll travel to the far eastern portal.
  • @ASubtleGhost

Good. Let the judging begin.

@MonkeyPirate2002 @pjbear2005 @Bowler218 But that would mean you skipped a chunk of the game, which is an unfair advantage. Look, This thing will be over in a month and I'll start season 2 after christmas, it isn't that long a wait
  • @HeroKP

That's what I expected to hear either way, so I'll be patient.
  • @HeroKP Sounds good. Thank you for the great competition.

• @HeroKP Is this contest still going by the rules, or can anyone join at this point?
This discussion has been closed.