The Adventure Crew *First Official Saga Challenge*

edited January 2019 in Sagas
Howdy Pardners *Tips Hat*

Welcome to the Adventure Crew! This is the first challenge officially in the saga category and will work kind of like a D&D campaign.

How to enter:
1.Create a legendary creature and up to 3 signature cards, post a story and your stats will be determined by me.
2.Wait until the cut off date

On the 25th of December I will pick 5 people to become adventurers.

As we go through the journey you will be faced with challenges to create story, cards and make your character more powerful. Some encounters will be held in untap.in for the people that have it. (Idea from Dungeon Crawl)

Comments

• When making your character, keep in mind of these classes. You are not set to use only one or one of them but they are good starters:

Barbarian: The barbarian is usually a savage or tribal warrior, but can also be nomads. Uses some magic but mostly direct fights.

Bard: Bards are Charismatic and use music to cast spells. They are kind of like rogues but with instruments. Signature could be an instrument or something. Use magic and don't fight directly.

Cleric: Clerics are intermediaries between the mortal world and the distant planes of the gods. Like no ordinary priest, a cleric is imbued with divine magic. Both magic and direct fights would occur.

Druids are an embodiment of nature’s resilience, cunning, and fury. They claim no mastery over nature. Instead, they see themselves as extensions of nature’s indomitable will. Magic and Nature focused.

Fighter: Questing knights, conquering overlords, royal champions, elite foot soldiers, hardened mercenaries, and bandit kings—as fighters, they all share an unparalleled mastery with weapons and armor, and a thorough knowledge of the skills of combat. Not much magic. Direct fight focused.

Paladin: A paladin swears to uphold justice and righteousness, to stand with the good things of the world against the encroaching darkness, and to hunt the forces of evil wherever they lurk. Different paladins focus on various aspects of the cause of righteousness, but all are bound by the oaths that grant them power to do their sacred work. Some use magic but mostly use direct fights.

Monk: Monks are united in their ability to magically harness the energy that flows in their bodies. Whether channeled as a striking display of combat prowess or a subtler focus of defensive ability and speed, this energy infuses all that a monk does. Magic used with direct fights.

Ranger: Far from the bustle of cities and towns, past the hedges that shelter the most distant farms from the terrors of the wild, amid the dense-packed trees of trackless forests and across wide and empty plains, rangers keep their unending watch. Ranges use magic and direct attacks freely.

Rogue: Rogues rely on skill, stealth, and their foes’ vulnerabilities to get the upper hand in any situation. They have a knack for finding the solution to just about any problem, demonstrating a resourcefulness and versatility that is the cornerstone of any successful adventuring party. Slim to no magic.

Sorcerer: Sorcerers carry a magical birthright conferred upon them by an exotic bloodline, some otherworldly influence, or exposure to unknown cosmic forces. Use magic and don't fight directly.

Warlock: Warlocks are seekers of the knowledge that lies hidden in the fabric of the multiverse. Through pacts made with mysterious beings of supernatural power, warlocks unlock magical effects both subtle and spectacular. Use magic and don't fight directly.

Wizard: Wizards are supreme magic-users, defined and united as a class by the spells they cast. Drawing on the subtle weave of magic that permeates the cosmos, wizards cast spells of explosive fire, arcing lightning, subtle deception, and brute-force mind control. Use magic and don't fight directly.
  • edited December 2018
    What is our max starting CMC, the big thing about saga contest is that your character starts weaker and has the ability to grow.
  • edited January 2019
    @BorosPaladin That's a good point, thanks for telling me.

Max CMC for your character and your spells right now is 3, your character can be 2 colors and your spells can be 1 of either of those colors.

Slots:
    Max CMC: 3
    Character Colors: 2
    Spell Colors: 1

Signatures: 4
  • @pjbear2005
    Thank you, I will now go make a character.
  • edited December 2018
    So I am supposing we are allowed old cards, so here I have an interesting character.

Wizard of counterspells and antimagic.
    (This includes unmaking existing stuff too I suppose.)

Some signature spells:

(Wondering what a Tehan is? It is a creature I made up that is a cat/dragon/serpent/fox. If you saw Planeswalker's Journey you would know.)
  • @pjbear2005 Must a character be of these classes? I am a little tired of them. (SO MUCH DND)
  • Followup, my idea was an artificer.
  • edited December 2018
    Hello there! Just a few quick questions:
    - Is this set in the Magic the Gathering Multiverse?
    - Do were have to follow one of the Dungeons and Dragons classes?
  • Or alchemist
  • edited December 2018
    I'm giving up on this challenge.
  • edited December 2018
    @Mantis17 you need to make the p/t WAY lower than that. Considering his utility, I’d make him a 1/3 . Also, red/blue doesn’t generally have access to land tutors, so I'd get rid of the third ability.
  • @Tigersol @FizzyGig

You do not have to go by the D&D classes, those are just there as reference in case you wanted to follow them.

This might have some MTG lore in it but it isn't going to go like a typical story from it.
  • @Bowler218

Yes, creatures are allowed.
  • @pjbear2005
    So could I be from an existing Magic the Gathering plane that accidentally stumbled across a gate between planes?

imageimageimage

This is my character and his signature cards.
  • Completed the final card on the list
  • @BorosPaladin How do you make the cards appear visually without using a link
  • Ok, so I went very low power for my first go. If necessary, I am willing to remake slightly more powerful if need be. So meet Artia Thastian, alchemist extraordinaire!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/artia-thastian

Spellbook: (or more accurately, potion array)
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/enlightening-brew
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/volatile-brew
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hidden-mixery
  • edited December 2018
    @FizzyGig
    Artia is very, very powerful.
  • WARLOCK TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I will make a card tommorow
  • @BorosPaladin
    literally a boros paladin lol
  • @Tigersol yeah, pretty powerful (I don't quite see a very very amount but...) but look at supporting cards!
  • edited December 2018

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.