Fanwalkers!

Hey all. I know I’ve gone quiet for some time, but I think this might be an interesting discussion.
Anyway, onto the subject. Fanwalkers! Fanwalkers are planeswalkers, and other characters made by cardsmiths like you. I’ve created several myself, and since MTGCS is such a diverse, vibrant community, I want to see what you have to offer!
Just post these details about your planeswalker below:
Name:
Plane of origin:
First planeswalk:
Colors:
Backstory:
Preferred form of magic (hieromancy, necromancy, et cetera):
Character’s strengths:
Character’s flaws:
You can add whatever you need to this list! I hope to see some cool looking planeswalkers!

Comments

• I’ll start.
    Name: Rusty Fallsworth
    Plane of origin: Devonia, a colonial plane that my friend calls “monsterless Innistrad,” where technology flourishes and people are constantly expanding their steampunk-powered cities.
    First planeswalk: After a planar hole ruptured at the bottom of a well, the planar energy caused several planeswalkers on Devonia to spark. Rusty was sent to Amonkhet, which coincidentally had just been connected to the west side of Devonia via a planar anomaly.
    Colors: Mono-white.
    Backstory: Formerly a middle class citizen of Devonia, well-respected by all. Ran a popular store before he sparked. After the planeswalking, Amonkhet became known as Fronteria, which was colonized by the Devonians. Due to his innate sense of right and wrong, Rusty became a sort of planar sheriff. He helped close the Ætherwell portal and reversed the Planar Crash. Later, in pursuit of Azor’s legacy, he was hit by a pure pillar of white mana on Zendikar. Cornered on Ixalan by his former friends, he enacted absolute justice planewide across the Multiverse before he was brought down by, like, 20 planeswalkers. (Something something Ajani, something something planar threat.)
    Preferred form of Magic: Hieromancy and law powers, like the Azorius but solely focused on justice.
    Character’s strengths: An innate sense of good and evil. A LOT of charisma. An excellent friend, a very dangerous enemy.
    Character’s flaws: Very blind to the harm he causes in pursuit of good. Kinda clueless.
  • Oh ho?

@Arceus8523, will you showcase Somnium. I might brush up on Jyotika...
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21, can we post multiple?
  • @Ranshi922

Almost certainly.
  • It's a real shame that you never completed the Cardsmith Origins set. I do imagine that with your experience creatin custom sets should allow for a potential renaissance of it to come to fruition?
  • @OmnipresentAnonymous
    Perhaps, but I did finish a core set a while ago unrealted to Cardsmith Origins: http://www.planesculptors.net/set/core-em
  • @Ranshi922 You’re meant to post multiples! Post 5, 50, even 500!
    (Am I laying it on too thick?)
  • edited December 2018
    All right then.
    Post as many planeswalkers as you want! My friend says I should allow fan fiction too, but...
  • Fan fiction would be cool just like not on the public forum start a group for that
  • Or just keep it platonic.
  • edited December 2018
    MTG Fanfcition: Tezzeret has a metal arm for more reasons than just aesthetics.
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21
    MTG Fanfiction: Clearly you don't know what sort of "mind sculpting" jace can do.
  • edited December 2018
    @Arceus8523 I have plumbed the depths of the Internet. The amount of completely strange Jace-Vraska scenarios I found disturbs me to this day.
    This is a joke. I am joking.
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21

You're thinking too cannon, uninitiated one, Jace x Vraska? That sorta happened. Jace x Marit Lage, on the other hand...

This is also a joke.
  • @Arceus8523 All right, I’m laughing too hard. Show me Somnium, man! I love that set!
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21

Mmmkay give me a little bit ^^
  • And @Ranshi922 Jyotika sounds pretty cool...
  • okay. I have a few. here's two. Eltan is my fanplane, a wintry, medieval plane full of war, goblins, and arcane secrets.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ignus-slightfeather-1
    Name: Ignus Slightfeather
    Plane of origin: Eltan
    Colors: Red and Blue
    Backstory: on Eltan, Ignus accidentally killed a whole gathering come to watch him. He was flung off the plane by the force of the blast, and still hasn't told his sister, Lusa. After the blast, Ignus went to Innistrad, where he became an alchemist. He began to perfect the art of transmutation, and figured out how to transform himself temporarily into Aether. He followed an Aether stream intothe Blind eternities, and faced off against the true nature of the Eldrazi. Scarred and empowered by this, he became stuck in the Blind Eternities. He began to orchestrate Aether flows, Directing planeswalkers' first, uncontrolled planeswalks and shaping the destiny of the Multiverse.
    Preferred form of magic: Transmutation and Aether Manipulation
    Character’s strengths: Extremely powerful, Plenty of intense magical study and a healthy resistance to explosion.
    Character’s flaws: Arrogance. He believes he can solve any problem that comes his way. also, he cant enter any planes.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-jade-owl
    Name: Lusa Slightfeather
    Plane of origin: Eltan
    Colors: White, Black, and Green
    Backstory: Her planeswalk and close scrape with death on a hunting mission brought something back with her. this presence followed her, killing small creatures and sometimes people. She travels the planes, trying to save everybody from the darkness everywhere, unaware that she is spreading it.
    Preferred form of magic: Healing, resurrection,and a bit of necromancy.
    Character’s strengths: Able to manipulate the veil between life and death.
    Character’s flaws: Believes that in the end, nothing anyone does really matters.
  • edited December 2018
    My entry.

Name: Thousand-Faces (Nameless)

Plane of origin: Yuggoth. A world so far from its main star that most of the living beings there are fungus-based lifeforms which are extremely varied.

First planeswalk: Dominaria

Colors: Black-Green-Blue (preferably)

Backstory: Among the others of its kind, Zrgob was considered to be just an average person. But in the eyes of the lower lifeforms such as the humans, Zrgob was a prodigy in the field of biology and thaumaturgy. One day, it conducted another experiment about of how to enhance a lifeform by creating its ultimate masterwork: An organism that could quickly evolve by just consuming a small speck of another organism. In the end, an accident happened due to the loss of control, resulting the merging of Zrgob and the organism, igniting its dormant planeswalker spark and resulting the birth of the new being called the Thousand-Faces, a lifeform without any real concrete form, an amorphous, sentient organic mass that could absorb mana from its surroundings and change its shape by consuming another biological beings.

But was that actually an accident or carefully planned actions? Nobody knows for sure due to the vanishment of its laboratory and all the evidences shortly after the accident happened.

Preferred form of magic (hieromancy, necromancy, et cetera): Biomancy, illusion, mind-control.

Character’s strengths: Genius-level intellect (still increasing after each consumption of another sentient being), has a complete control of every cell of its form, making it an excellent all-around in every class.

Character’s flaws: Losing the understanding about emotions turned it into a cold and calculating being, an uncaring entity that would only think based on possibilities instead of emotions, loss of innate sense of good and evil.
  • Name: Defair, Arcane Warrior

First Planeswalk: Ravnica

Plane of origin: Althariz, a world of Tolkin style fantasy

Colors: W/R/G

Backstory: After losing both parents to a raid of orcs, he wandered the country side looking for help. Years passed, and a cold, deadly winter came with another group of orcs hunting him down. They caught him, and as they were about to execute him then and there, he grabbed one's ax and killed another one with it. Magic corsed through his veins, the ground around him moved at his will. After a short battle, he ran. As fast as he could, and ran to a small bit of smoke. Orcs started coming out of the nearby tents, and that's when his spark ignited.

Preferred forms of magic: Terramancy

Character strengths: Connected to the world he is in, able to survive in harsh conditions

Flaws: Has the fantasy equivelant of PTSD, unable to work with others.
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21, have you even seen the Jyotika cards? or are you just judging by her name?
  • What do we do after we make these?
  • @Ranshi922 Yeah, I have. She’s the black flip walker that can become white and flips if you gained/lost 5 or more life, right?
    @Bowler218 Whatever you want.
  • I don’t remember the card’s mechanics, just the story and idea. XD
  • Oh right! My first color shenanigans card!
  • I have not yet made a card for this planeswalker, but here it is:

Name: Brink
    Plane of Origin: Dominaria
    First Planeswalk: The Blind Eternities
    Colors: Colorless

Backstory:
    In Dominaria, long ago, an aspiring urza took the mantle of genetic mutation. He took a powerful warrior, a tamed dragon, an imprisioned sliver, and a scheming lich. Urza then activated the experiment, attempting to give each one the abilities of the other, and it worked. Each one could practice anothers magics, but the dragon barely survived. It had mutated into a steel-skinned, skeletal mess of sliver, human, sliver, and dragon limbs. It had also grown so large that mountains dwarfed compared to it. Urza ran, fleeing for his life, as his monster killed the other test subjects.

Later, Urza returned to the beast, now resting where a mountain once was, with armies of powerful mages, and they began to cast a spell. A massive fireball grew from the armies' hands until it was the size of the beast itself. As it hurled towards the beast, the dragon's planeswaker spark ignited, flinging him to the blind eternities, where the true eldrazi stood. The mutations pressed upon the dragon led to its survival, and it even ruled over the eldrazi.

This is where Brink, Leader of the Eldrazi stands, waiting, biding its time, but soon, it will strike, and no plane will be safe.

Preferred form of magic: All, and some undiscovered by anything else.

Strengths: Can literally crush armies in its hands, enough strength to destroy entire planes. Can teleport to bling eternities, where no one can follow.

Weaknesses: Can only focus on one army, goal, or battle at a time, easily overwhelmed.

• edited March 2019
    image image image
    Cache is a mechanic by @fabiocbinbutter:
    [To cache a card] (Exile it face down. You may look at it at any time. You may draw from your cache instead of from your library.)

Related rules text:
    To cache a card means to exile it face-down as cached. Players may look at any cached cards they own at any time. If a player would draw a card and they own any cached cards in the exile zone, they may instead choose one of those cards and draw that card instead of drawing from the top of their library.

(The word "from" in the first sentence of Orinthene's +1 should be "of" instead.)

A little about the Archivist:
    Orinthene blinked, trying to clear her vision; it didn't help. The blurriness had nothing to do with her eyesight, rather, it was due to the heavy rain on the window pane through which she now squinted. "Torches?" she thought, "Could those little faint red glows out there be torches?" As she lived on the border of Avabruck, strange sounds and sights weren't really foreign, more intriguing then anything else. As the bright spots vanished from view, either because they were too far away or because the rain had swelled to a downpour, Orinthene decided she better turn in for the night.
    Orinthene was fourteen years old and lived alone in a small run down cottage, what many would call a hut. Not much to look at from outside or in. Her parents were loving wonderful teachers and guardians that had been... misplaced, somehow. Orinthene had carried on alone with a touch of grief and a longing to know just what had befallen her beloved father and mother.
    She awoke with a start only a few hours later to the sound of howls. "Mondronen" she surmised. Living this close to Avabruck meant that Orinthene knew enough that she wasn't easily startled or surprised. She drifted off to sleep.
    -YEARS PASS-
    Orinthene's discovered that she can planeswalk. During the werewolf attack after the wards around Avabruck's central cathedral, the Temple of Saint Raban, failed. She returned to Innistrad shortly after. She doesn't wish to be anywhere else, she'd begun to archive. Her hut had become a storehouse of documents and research. Mostly in an effort to determine the fate of her parents, she'd now delved into the mysteries of every race on the plane and documented her findings. She's recently learned of Arlinn Kord, she'd witnessed Avacyn cursemuting or killing hundreds of werewolves, and knows of the angel's church launching a new inquisition more terrifying than anything they've done before against the lycanthropes. Not much of it matters as long as she's left to continue her vigil and learn the full extent of what there is to be learned on Innistrad.
    Orinthene's sole goal is to be left alone and undisturbed. She has no desire to assist the coming Gatewatch or engage in the struggle of the native races. Her inherent powers are few, but empower her to keep her archive safe an obscured while simultaneously allowing her to go places others cannot as she collects little known facts.

(Sorry for my "novel" style and any mistakes I may have made. I know almost nothing of MTG lore, I just scabbed pieces off of wiki and MTG stories.)

Both Prep to Record and Studies' Familiar have undergone revision since last posting.
This discussion has been closed.