COLONISERS: Season 2!!! (Colonisers of Edgerim)

Comments

• @Corwinnn
    This helps alot, thanks!
  • @Corwinnn Thanks for posting the exact link :)
  • edited January 2019
    Murder, unkindness, conspiracy. The realm of Corvus is tormented by distrust and danger around every turn, and is ruled by the birds we so lovingly refer to as common carrion feeders. Some of the non-bird populace has learned to coexist with them as servants and, in rare cases, equals.

But in recent times, Corvus has grown overpopulated. With more and more of the humans giving in, crows were sent to explore for new lands to inhabit. None of them returned. That is, until one day, a frail bird, a poor imitation of its once majestic stature, came back to Corvus, bearing news of a disc shaped world, ripe for the taking. The finest spellswords in the land were gathered, ready to conquer this new land.

But what if they were to be met with resistance more intense than just local tribes and wildlife? They needed to be ready for war. They'd utilize the same magic that enabled the humans and the birds to bond, the art of mental connections, and turn it against their enemies. Instead of strengthening ties, they'd cut the threads of their foes' thoughts and memories. And with each cut thread, the tie between Man and Avian would grow that much stronger.

imageimage

Watch your back, look around every corner, and sleep with one eye open. And know, no matter what, someone, somewhere out there, is out to get you.

EDIT: Lucretia and Gates of Conspiracy edited to make the bird tokens have flying, thanks to a good catch from @Memoryhead.
  • edited January 2019
    @Lujikul

2nd place not enough, huh? A glory seeker, huh?

Just what we need to keep the enthusiasm running around the place.

Good to have you aboard our ship once more!

(But seriously, getting 2nd place, but not being satisfied enough, so you come for more and get it perfect this time, that would be quite the arc don't you think?
  • @HeroKP The teams thing is fine, it's just that my original plan was for a faction that hated everything that didn't conform to them perfectly. Not going with that anymore so it'll be fine.
  • @Lujikul Only a tiny point, but should the birds that the Gate of Conspiracy creates be able to fly? I feel like they should be able to fly.
  • I think birds just come with flying unless they are penguins
  • @HeroKP @Lujikul

Ravens are a bad omen. I think that's not good
  • @Bowler218 But what if these ones ARE penguins? *dramatic organ music*
  • IN SECOND GRADE, I MADE A SOAP BOTTLE PENGUIN LOOK REALISTIC! I expect that same amount of Determination in being realistic.
  • @pjbear2005 Ooh, elementals. Out of interest, how does ashes to ashes function on creatures? Is it supposed to be an effect on entering the battlefield, death, casting or is it meant to be a passive? It makes sense on spells, but the Cremator has no obvious trigger for his ashes to ashes effect.
  • Oh yeah, I need to change it. It's an etb trigger
  • @AxNoodle
    Can I use some of the art you used? Also, He has some other cool artwork in his gallery, so, @HeroKP, can I have a multi species empire?
  • edited January 2019
    @HeroKP The Scourge is fine with forming a defensive pact with another nation, but do know that we will constantly be feeding on their weakest populace. A small portion of 200 young or 75 elderly will suffice for every week.
  • @Bowler218

... As long as you balance it within the lore of your world. I'll want an explanation on how a multi-species empire could come to be.
  • I'll be posting as soon as I finish the rest of my cards. Probably won't come until sunday
  • @HeroKP First, full set: https://mtgcardsmith.com/account/sets/37613 Second, story:

Eons ago, Coyts explored the northern forests after their gods telling them that there was great reward, as long as they never wanted to go back. They travelled for years, until they finally caught sight of something blue and winged flying through the air and something similar just out of the corners of their eyes. they were Tehans, creatures who could use anti-magic. They were descended from the first being of that plane, and had become his legacy.
    They lived together for years before a new creature came into the woods, they called them Man, and all three lived in peace. They built great tools and buildings, and even went out looking for more creatures to bring back. But a war started between the men and the Tehans, forcing both to leave the woods to the Coyts.
    The Coyts tried to get both groups back into the woods, to continue living how they once did, but that failed. Shortly later, a pond was found, and the Coyt leader, Silorn, drank from it, an saw just a little bit into the future. When his thoughts came back to him, the well was gone.
    The Tehans heard about this and came back, shortly before Man came back with weapons. But Silorn knew this would happen, and told his Tehan friend, Thela, to help build a trap that would keep the men from using their magic. A great empty moat was dug around the town, and residual anti-magic was put in it, and the moat was then hidden with snow, hidden from Man's sight. Man fell in to the moat, and found a tunnel leading out of the moat, but far from the forest.
    This is how the Coyts and Tehans started the Teoyt pack, and drops us just before the challenge.
  • @MemoryHead I was planning on making a faction that were the enemies of everyone too. Maybe we could team up in our misgivings and take over the world?
  • i'll try to join again if its ok.
    colours: blue, green.
    Leader:
    Army:
    Mannequin:
  • the Jarenian legion is the primary bastion of order on the military plane of Ezenlan, a world locked in everlasting civil war. Jaren decided he had had enough of war, and settled his army on a new world, unknowing of the many other factions wanting total control of the plane...
  • Oh wait i forgot the magic:
  • @HeroKP
    Did I give you a good enough story to run my 2 species empire?
  • @KorandAngels ...ok, you may join again

@Bowler218 The story is fine, but the link doesn't seem to work
  • @Bowler218 There might not be enough Tehan art to go around so sure, you can used some already used art. It is the card that matters, really, though most cards and card ideas come after finding art.
  • @KorandAngels What does Voidtouch do? Is it an ability you invented?
  • I'm on my tablet usually, so that's why i use links.
This discussion has been closed.