Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    @Faiths_Guide

Really liked the Picky Buglar, I can see it very useful in sealed. Nice touch with the red mana. As for the Looming Vanguard, liked the Madness combo possibilities. And the card is 3 thoughness, good target for removal.

My first two cards, with a new (I think, at least) mechanic I've been working. Not sure about balance and effectiveness.

image image
  • @ronaldoangelim while the mechanic is interesting, green/black is not the color that fits with it best. A better dual color combo would be blue/green (does stuff with +1/+1 counters) or black/red (all about the aggression, not much control).

Some cards with a mechanic of my own:

image image
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 - I think entrap needs some adjustments so it would be simpler, easier to use and to understand. Here is what I would propose:

Entrap (Put it onto the battlefield face down as a 0/1 Mine artifact creature with defender. If that creature would die, instead exile it face up. If it's a nonland card, you may cast it this turn without paying its mana cost.)

Also, I think it would be better if you still had to pay the cost of the entrapped card, or maybe you could cast it without paying its cost if it's an instant/sorcery card with a low CMC.

Next up; a double-faced card:

image image
  • edited December 2018
    @tenebrisnemo
    Commented!

A trap card, useful for sniping off pesky Atraxa decks in commander:
  • @KJMartin
    I commented on your card!

Next up:
    image image

Leave a comment or favorite on at least one of the cards above, then post up to two of your own!
  • @faiths_guide
    Commented!

Two cards:
    imageimage
    I would prefer feedback on Olgor, but either is fine.
  • edited December 2018

I am not sure if this should be at 2 or 3 mana...

Feedback?
  • @KJMartin Olgor is interesting because I do not know the specific rulings...but does that affect power and toughness because if so isnt he basically just a win the game card?
  • @DoctorFro, I would suggest putting a counter of some sort onto Dawn Cloud Calvary to show that it has Lifelink. Also, I think the card will look much nicer with the proper border.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/benjamin-franklin-19
  • edited December 2018
    @DoctorFro, I'll use the ubiquitous @Beeswax as an example. The top card has the generic gold border while the bottom one has the correct white/black one. Hopefully this makes more sense.

• I have also edited my Benjamin Franklin to derive energy from storm counts instead of energy. Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/benjamin-franklin-20
  • Yea makes sense Injust don’t usually pay attention to those borders

Comment?

I am not sure about two things 1. is the implication clear that all players get the discount or does that need to be reworded
    2. I think the last part is right but i am not sure I it is typed right.
  • edited January 2019

I am not sure if I have this worded right anybody know the correct way?
  • edited January 2019
    @DoctorFro - I commented on the card pages.
    Being that this is my first card in 2 weeks, I really want it to be good.
  • edited January 2019
    @Ranshi922
    Even if it costs 6, Diabolic Tutor (4 mana) every turn seems a bit too good.
    Also usually blue tutor effect searches only instant or sorcery cards. Black is the color that you can search card of any type.

Here are some ideas:

{4}{b}{b} Mythic
    At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 2 life. If you do, search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Skip your next draw step.
    ^Vampiric Tutor every turn.

{4}{u}{u} Mythic
    At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top four cards of your library. Put one of them on the top of your library and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    ^Impulse every turn.

My card
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/insatiable-curiosity-3?list=user

• @Tomigon, how about now?
  • edited January 2019
    @Ranshi922
    So you didn't change the text. I don't know if it's intentional or not, but with that wording, if you have cards like Howling Mine, or instant card draw spells like Brainstorm,, that let you draw two or more cards during your draw step, all card draw become Diabolic Tutor. And technically if you replace an action with another action, "If you would ____, instead" is right template. And it doesn't need to say "you may", because if you have that enchantment, you wouldn't choose to draw normally.
    I suggest:

"If you would draw a first card each turn, instead search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library."

I don't know if it's too powerful or not. It costs 7 mana, so it might be fair. But enchantment that tutors every turn without any drawbacks feels like playing cheat mode on video games.. It doesn't seem like a realistic card to me.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/crowned-t-rex-1
    Speaking of cheat mode, I debated heavily with myself it's cost as technically it'll always cost SOMETHING but emphasizing Green's land based abilities as well as Green naturally hating Black, a card that punishes someone for playing black by bringing out a big creature does seem more casual good and hence made it a common. It's not really attacky enough to warrant trample but fits that big green monster mold, and it really just comes down too "if your opponent is playing black this card costs 2". I may be confusing magic pauper with yugioh "budget decks".
  • @Tomigon, I realize that it would feel like cheating; hence the way the flavor regards rules in a messed up way.
  • edited January 2019
    @TheAltRick - I don't know why it's specified that you must tap two untapped non-Forests as an alternative cost, it seems out of place for a creature that's green, as if you want to play this card in a deck that does not use Forests. Methinks the alternative cost is too complicated (and too strong), especially for a common creature. It may need some reworking.

Here is my card. Who wants to put their two cents?

Edit: Card edited with @Damnation's suggestion below!
  • edited January 2019
    @TenebrisNemo
    This looks like a pretty fun card to play with, but I probably wouldn't take my chances with the effect. Honestly, I would probably reduce the cost to {r} or maybe have it apply to all of your spells? Also read the card as "Hovering Board" the first two or three times around, haha.

Next Up

Edited with feedback from @TenebrisNemo!
  • @Damnation

I like Lurk a lot. The name is perfect and your reminder text is spot on. I think it would make an excellent mechanic at first glance. I like that you made the lurk cost pretty close to the mana cost since playing this for its lurk cost essentially draws you this card as opposed to madness which required the card already be in your hand. Overall, really nice design and cool mechanic with a lot of promise!

• edited January 2019
    @Damnation - I reduced the cost to {r} and made it apply to each noncreature spell. I also sometimes like to come up with a name that's hard for some people to read correctly at first glance!

As for your card, it reminds me of Twins of Maurer Estate. I believe it should cost as much as the Twins' madness cost, for the possibility of getting either onto the battlefield with their alternative costs appears to be the same. I would also like to propose a slight change in the lurk mechanic's first part, so it would be more identical to madness. Not sure if it's even an important thing to add, but the same thing is in madness, so:

Lurk {3}{b} (If you put this card into your graveyard from your library, put it into exile. When you do, cast it for its lurk cost or put it into your graveyard.)

Here's my recent card. It's supposed to play well with this card.

• @bnew07 - It appears you posted your card a minute before mine. However, I checked it too, and I liked it.
  • I just wanted to see what people think of this new kind of land idea
  • @dibbydubsdubs

That's a good idea, do you think I could use it in a cycle of lands?