New Idea for a Contest - Dungeon Crawl!

Comments

• I have the whole day off on Monday, so I need you guys to tell me at what time you can play test. It should take about 1-2 hours.
  • @BorosPaladin It's Monday the 21st. Don't worry, I had to google it to find out.
  • The play testing will be moved to a later date. I have too much on my plate (homework) to adequately prepare the boss.
  • Great because I have exams and will be busy until the weekend.
  • Pretty much the same, but my exams are all crammed into the first few days.
  • Mine are all perfectly crammed into the first and last day.
  • edited January 2019
    The boss has been changed. Now it shouldn't be as underwhelming.

Also, is Sunday a good day to play test for everyone?

Lastly, if you do decide to play test, I will need you to add 5 cards to your deck in any combination of nonland or land cards of your choice. As long as the color is within your commander identity and it doesn't create an infinite combo with any cards in your deck, you may put any card into it.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 I'm probably not going to playtest, but I do have a few ideas for less rare/ medium rarity treasures, mostly cycle cards or cards that help your teammates out.

"Haunted Construct", 2 colourless 2/1 Construct
    Flash.
    When Haunted Construct enters the battlefield, target teammate creates a colourless 1/1 spirit creature token with flying.

"Scrap Angel", 6 colourless 4/4 Artifact Creature.
    Flying.
    When Scrap Angel dies, target teammate gains 3 life and draws a card.

'Protect-a-tron', 2 colourless 1/3
    When Protect-A-Tron enters the battlefield, target teammate gains control of it.

3 Colourless: Untap Protect-a-Tron. Any player may activate this ability.

'Gold-Encrusted Golem', 6 colourless 6/4
    When Gold-Encrusted Golem enters the battlefield, up to two target teammates may search their library for an artifact with converted mana cost 4 or more and put it on top of their deck, then shuffle their library.

'Travel Satchel', 2 Colourless Artifact
    Travel Satchet enters with 3 Treasure Counters on it.
    2 Colourless, Tap: Remove a Treasure Counter from Travel Satchel, Target player draws a card.

'Fake Blade', 2 colourless Artifact Equipment
    Equipped Creature gains Menace.

When Trick Blade enters the battlefield, you may draw a card.

Equip - 1 Colourless.

I don't have the cards for these because the art is damn hard to find, but here are the concepts. I don't know if any of them are above regular power level for treasures or if they're too bad, but here you go..
    P.S I'll be posting more ideas for rarer artifact cards soon.

• edited January 2019
    Sunday sounds fine, though the time of day needs to be sorted out. Also @MonkeyPirate I'm not sure which version of the Cannibal worries me more.

Edit: Scrap that, I didn't know the new one could get hexproof.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Another thing, this time an actual boss. I'm going to come up with a bunch of boss concepts later, so be ready for a lot of text for card ideas to check!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dungeon-crasher-mack
    (Inspired by the unstable card Party Crasher.)
  • @Potato13 I would like to do that also!

Here's one to add to the red/black bosses if used.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Any idea as to when the playtest will be starting?
  • @MemoryHead I was thinking at 7:00 pm EST. Still have to prepare some things and do housework
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Never mind, that's midnight over here. I won't be around then.
  • So then when are you available?
  • If you mean today, probably any time up to around 4:30 - 5:00 pm EST (as in, I have to leave at that time).
  • Decks done!

We could start playing at 3:00-3:30 p.m. EST if we wanted to.
  • Ignore my previous statement. The play testing will happen at 7:00 p.m. EST once more (I'm sorry @MemoryHead ). However, I need more than one player to say that can play test at that time, otherwise I will move it to a later date.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Yeah, that's fair. Players might be a problem though.
  • I’m going to postpone play testing. I’ll choose a new date later
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 Second Boss I'm going to post, with an extra possible boss card (That could be made into a treasure)
    The Boss:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ancient-golem-tibi

The other card:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/deep-sea-dweller-1

Sorry for spamming you with so many ideas lately!
  • New date will be Friday at 4:00 pm. If you want to play test but can’t at that time, please suggest a time that works for you. Play testing takes about 1-2 hours.
  • If that's 4 pm EST for you then I'll probably be able to participate, though I'll be at FNM at the same time so I might be a little distracted.
  • I might but i dont know, i have fencing friday.
  • Play testing will happen in 30 minutes
  • Alright everyone, let the games begin!

So far we have @MemoryHead . Who will join
  • @all

I need everyone who wants to join post a comment that confirms they will participate before it is 5:00 p.m. Otherwise, I will postpone the testing yet again.
  • i can participate for a bit
This discussion has been closed.