Trial of Insight

Comments

• @Arceus8523 I looked on its Wikipedia page, and it doesn’t mention that...
  • The real enemy is ourselves. We will rip ourselves apart slowly but surely. We all serve our own minds and can't comprehend its name for it has none beyond the generic term "brain" or "mind." Our quest, our trial is to overcome our own selves and become truly more than just who we started as.

@AxNoodle
    Does that work, then?
  • Those OmnipresentAnonymous things.
  • You've only solved one of the two messages our lord has told us to leave for you.

This cipher...
    Have you covered all your bases?

And always remember your dreams.
  • @Arceus8523 Hmm... I’m still not sure if that is his master, though.
  • You're running out of time for your trial.
    As of now, you have 5 days before our lord arrives...will you be awoken or left in this nightmare?

Trying to comprehend our lord now will not help you...more will be revealed as you move further along...we will be in contact with those we have deemed worthy.

Finish what you have before beginning anew.

For now, we sign off and leave you with this:

There is a key. There has always been a key.

Your time is ticking.
  • Is it possible it is linked to the Baku from Japanese/ Chinese folklore and mythology?
  • Tried that
  • Why do I feel like this is a wannabe undertale/deltaeune ARG, with him being gaster if anybody knows what I'm talking about.
  • @Bowler218 I know what you mean but you dont need to be rude about it. This seems fun and we aren't going to solve anything by bickering about the lore details. They said therell be more to come. Lets just focus on the puzzle. The card is clearly involved in some way. @LyndonF u got the first message. Can you figure out something from the card?
  • Also, the latest diary entry from GirlWithGoldenEyes mentions something of dreams. Heres the quote: "He's fulfilling my request to use the dream room, and yet it feels wrong. That nice old lady died here after all. Her head couldn't handle the dreams so who says mine can"
  • @AxNoodle "Cover all the bases" is a term meaning to deal with something thoroughly.
  • The posts by OmnipresentAnonymous are seriously creepy.

Also the 5 day limit seems to conicide Chinese New Year. This seems likely to be intentional from all the guesses from lore side. Maybe it is literally the Year Monster (pardon me for the bad translation) from Chinese legends?

As for the problem, it's probably to do with the fact that the message is potentially a number in some weird base (hint count the alphabet).

I'm not sure how close I am to the answer. Right now I just need some sleep.
  • @LyndonF Have a good sleep, I'll look out for stuff if it happens.
  • The feck is going on lol.
  • (Wakes up, does some experimentation and Googling)

Of course it was base ____64____ all along.

At least what comes out seems to be (just) an encrypted message...
  • I think the next clue would be the 'key' and that we need to 'remember our dreams'.
    There's something here, but I can't quite figure it out myself.
  • It’s a shame you still fail to find the answers you sought...I will allow you a final hint. I hope this can help to motivate you.

Time...planes...letters. They all shift.

There is a key.

Always remember your dreams.

If you can solve this final puzzle, riches await.

Farewell.
  • Time I understand, with speed affecting it. Planes may be referring to actual MTG worlds and the consistently shifting nature of the multiverse. But letters? Unless it's like letters in an alien language that change meaning, or like mailing letters with how they shift from owner to owner.
  • It could be a planeswalkers spark
  • And dreams, what do dreams have to with this? I've lately been dreaming of Undertale and Mass Effect x Halo 3: ODST. No way those have anything to do with this.
  • edited February 2019
    ...Obviously it's letters.

We already know that Planes and Time can shift, considering that time constantly shifts and Planeshift is already a thing. Letters is the only thing there that stands out.

@LyndonF you said you still had some encrypted text that you found when you used Base64? Could you post it here or maybe try finding a letter-shifting cipher?

Edit: I only say this because if it was focusing on planes or time, why include letters? It doesn't fit.
  • The key.
    There was always a key.
    The key to shift the letters.
    BUT WHERE IS IT? I FORGOT MY KEYS AND IM LOCKeD OuT Of mY
    dreams
    That has something to do with where they key is, surely...
  • edited February 2019
    (RETRACTED)
  • @LyndonF Did you get it? You don't have to show your findings if you have nearly won, but did you get closer or there?
  • I got there.
  • @LyndonF Congratulations! Looks like you win, and in two days time everyone else is going to die!
    (At least, that is what OmnipresentAnonymous seems to be implying)
  • I still don't understand most of what is going on.
  • You may still attempt to uncover the truth, following the puzzle. There will still be something for you to gain on top of the Insight of Our Lord
    Our vessel is allowed to help guide the way if they so choose.
This discussion has been closed.