Battle for the Best (Creature Type)

Hello and welcome to the battle for the best creature type! This will be a long running challenge to decide what creature type is the best!

You will choose a creature type from the following below and create each of these to enter: 2 Creatures using that type and a tribal instant and/or sorcery and/or enchantment with that type.

This challenge will last until every creature type is used and one is left standing. Challenges will be given to everyone after they enter and after they complete and request a new one. Every 2 to 4 days, if there are enough participants, one creature type and it's owner will be eliminated. Since there are so many creature types, people will be able to jump in even if they have already been eliminated, for it to be fair to new people, challenges will be issued to new people before returning people. There will also be a reward system based off of jpastor's mystery box challenge and rewards.

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Creature Types Are: Aetherborn, Angel, Antelope, Archer, Artificer, Assassin, Assembly-Worker, Aurochs, Avatar, Azra, Badger, Barbarian, Basilisk, Bat, Bear, Beeble, Berserker, Blinkmoth, Boar, Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Camel, Caribou, Carrier, Centaur, Cephalid, Chimera, Citizen, Archon, ape, ally, advisor, beast, bird, spellshaper, minotaur, rebel, minion, dinosaur, dwarf, werewolf, siren, rogue, devil, demon, giant, troll, manticore, sphinx, faerie, atog, shaman, monk, gnome, nightmare, golem, licid, insect, pilot, treefolk, knight, elder, lizard, elemental, vedalken and sponge. Cleric, Cockatrice, Construct, Coward, Crab, Crocodile, Cyclops, Dauthi, Deserter, Djinn, Dragon, Drake, Dreadnought, Drone, Druid, Dryad, Efreet, Egg, Eldrazi, Elephant, Elk, Eye, Ferret, Fish, Flagbearer, Fox, Frog, Fungus, Gargoyle, Germ, Goat, God, Golem, Gorgon, Graveborn, Gremlin, Griffin, Hag, Harpy, Hellion, Hippo, Hippogriff, Homarid, Homunculus, Horror, Horse, Hound, Human, Hydra, Hyena, Illusion, Imp, Incarnation, Jackal, Jellyfish, Juggernaut, Kavu, Kirin, Kithkin, Kobold, Kor, Kraken, Lamia, Lammasu, Leech, Leviathan, Lhurgoyf, Masticore, Mercenary, Merfolk, Metathran, Mole, Monger, Mongoose, Monkey, Moonfolk, Mutant, Myr, Mystic, Naga, Nautilus, Nephilim, Nightstalker, Ninja, Noggle, Nomad, Nymph, Octopus, Ogre, Ooze, Orb, Orc, Orgg, Ouphe, Ox, Oyster, Pangolin, Pegasus, Pentavite, Pest, Phelddagrif, Phoenix, Pincher, Pirate, Plant, Praetor, Prism, Processor, Rabbit, Rat, Reflection, Rhino, Rigger, Sable, Salamander, Samurai, Sand, Saproling, Satyr, Scarecrow, Scorpion, Scout, Serpent, Servo, Shade, Shapeshifter, Sheep, Skeleton, Slith, Sliver, Slug, Snake, Soltari, Spawn, Specter, Spider, Spike, Spirit, Splinter, Squid, Squirrel, Starfish, Surrakar, Survivor, Tetravite, Thalakos, Thopter, Thrull, Trilobite, Turtle, Unicorn, Vampire, Viashino, Volver, Wall, Warrior, Weird, Whale, Wolf, Wolverine, Wombat, Worm, Wraith, Wurm, Yeti, and Zubera. (Copied and Pasted from the Creature Type Contest from KJMartin, used types will be removed)
  • edited January 2019
    Just checking whether I've understood the elimination system:

Every time period everybody who wants to play that week picks a type. They make two creatures and a tribal card for it. You pick one of the types used (the one with the worst cards, presumably) and eliminate it. The process repeats. Have I got that right?
  • Also, I'd recommend taking out the types that appear only on specific tokens such as Serf, Scion and Triskelavite.
  • @MemoryHead Correct, except, it wont be every week. The elimination will happen 2-4 days apart from each other (Perhaps longer depending on the amount of people) And whoever isn't eliminated continues on and requests more challenges (Similar to the mystery boxes) and can have chances at rewards and are given new challenges. I might also use a weekly point system.
  • @MemoryHead Good idea, thanks.
  • @Bowler218 did you mean to post the other form of Delian, this one is a wolf.
  • edited February 2019
    Deadlines will be every 4 days. The next deadline will be set into motion when 2 or more people join. @Bowler218 would you like a challenge?
  • edited February 2019
    Fixed the card
    Yeah I want a challenge
  • @Bowler218
    Your challenge is: Create a red elf card.
    Reward: Lucky Fruit: One favorite of your choice.
  • edited February 2019
    Prizes:
    1:
    2: Hugs: One favorite of my choice to a player of your choice.
    3: Lucky Fruit: One favorite of your choice.
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
  • So we choose a creature type and then it’s like mystery boxes but all revolving around that type?
  • Well since I am a whimp who’s afraid of getting caught in a spot where I cat find art, I will go with the most abundant thing:
    Wizards.

@Arinska, you might like this challenge thing. (I’m pretty sure you’d like to pick soldier, human, or knight)
  • @pjbear2005, I would like a challenge.
  • @Ranshi922 Before your challenge, you have to make the creatures and the spell. It says in the rules
  • edited February 2019
    You freakin' know I'm going with Soldier. I'd pick angel if art was easier to come by...
  • @pjbear2005

Bringer, Brushwagg, Camarid, Caribou, Citizen, Sponge, Deserter, Eye, Dreadnought, Graveborn, Lamia, Orb, Oyster, Pentavite, Pincher, Prism, Reflection, Sable, Sand, Splinter, Survivor, Tetravite, Trilobite, Wombat. That's a vague list of things that should probably get removed, though I'm sure somebody will want to do something with Brushwagg. They're a combination of types that appear only on obsolete tokens, types that appear only on one or two cards and could easily be something else and cards that are just silly to work with (primarily Bringer). There are probably some errors in this, please don't hate me.

I considered putting Blinkmoth on the list, but I'm sure somebody can work with it. I can, if nothing else.

Minion is technically still workable with, but it's discontinued and doesn't really have meaning.

Germ is workable, but you'd have to change it so people can make cards with Living Weapon instead of creatures.

Mole is arguably a type that goes in the top category as it only has one card and the card has no clear build, tribe or similar. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure people could do things with it.

Scarecrow (and maybe a few other types, not sure) appear multiple times throughout your list.
  • So ill go with Zombies if itisnt already taken. What do I have to do now @pjbear2005?
  • @sorinjace 2 Create 2 creatures using that type and a tribal instant and/or sorcery and/or enchantment with that type.
  • @MemoryHead I'll leave them for now and if anyone shows interest I'll keep them.
  • @pjbear2005 so create 2 zombies and either a tribal instant, sorcery, or enchantment?
  • edited February 2019
    Nevermind.
  • I would like to book goblins for me :P
This discussion has been closed.