Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @pjbear2005 sure I guess I’m going to do that as well for my un set cause there will be a lot of flipping coins
  • edited January 2019
    @pjbear2005 That card is good! It is a solid win condition and its abilities are balanced by its specific mana cost. There is not that much that is bad about it.
    Dehibilitate
  • edited January 2019
    It's been a little while, let's get this discussion rolling again.

@MEGAElixer
    Commented on the card page.

Next Up:

I personally think that I'm poor at balancing/designing Planeswalker cards. I'd love to get some insight on this one. Favorite or comment on the card page then post up to two cards of your own for feedback (on at least one)!
  • edited January 2019
    @Faiths_Guide I feel like he doesn't synergize well enough with one thing. He has superfriends synergy on his passive, but creature synergy on his -7, and artifact destruction on his passive. I would try and narrow him down to focusing around a theme more. Maybe his passive could be something like "Whenever you activate a loyalty ability of Thepsis, Highstrung actor or a creature you control deals combat damage to an opponent, put a loyalty counter on Thepsis" if you wanted to theme him around creatures. Of course, I'm not much good at planeswalkers either. Thoughts on Verallor? (I mean, besides the fact that I forgot to write mays...)
  • @notmyprimespeaker I like it. First take on it was "oh, it's a walker that can't get counters" followed by "whoa, that's weird". In relation to the effects, the "may" clause thing you're talking about probably doesn't matter. The two effects that tick down are each effects and wording them so that the effect is optional is a pain (or impossible, not totally sure) while the first ability is always able to target him in theory, and in theory will never be unable to. It's like how there are cards that say "deal X damage to target player" for example. If your opponent can give themselves hexproof it has to target you and it backfires, but it's so obscure a chance that it doesn't matter.

The typically annoying threat of making a 2 CMC planeswalker is offset by the fact that Verallor doesn't do anything at all if you use the first ability to give him another counter and the only other thing you could do immediately, the -2 effect, probably won't do much in the early-game. In fact, the biggest gripe I have about the card is that the set symbol is Zendikar. I just can't think of any Zendikar factions or tribes in both the original and second block that would have anything to do with this.

Sorry that was so rambling.

Any thoughts on this thing?

• I feel it's kinda weak on the p/t part, maybe if it was 3/4 or 4/4 it would be good.
    Any thoughts on these two?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/delian-shapechanger
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/delian-mana-wolf
  • Bowler218: Great cards! Maybe you should change the (3) to {3} so it looks like how it does in Magic. I like the transformation aspect, it works well.

I'm so glad there's a discussion where people can look at other people's great cards without being at the top of the Popular list. Here are some of my favorite cards that I've made:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bloodthirsty-ambush?list=set&set=38052
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/hoard-of-treasure?list=user
  • @bigbadbooknerd Did you just... link me to all of my own cards? Well played, sir. Well played.
  • @notmyprimespeaker,
    @bigbadbooknerd's link will actually take everyone to their own cards XD
  • @Faiths_Guide I know how it works, I was just saying my experience
  • @notmyprimespeaker, I wanted to see what you guys would think of your own cards
  • edited January 2019
    @flamedragon12
    I've commented on both card pages. @DomriKade did most of the work and left you some incredible feedback!

I have revised Thespis, so I'd really like feedback on him (again), but, if you'd prefer, you can simply comment on Deistic Reversal instead.
    image image

*PLEASE KEEP THIS DISCUSSION FREE FROM ALL OFF TOPIC CHAT. ALSO, PLEASE COMMENT ON CARD PAGES SO THAT FURTHER DEBATE CAN HAPPEN THERE AND SO THAT IT WILL ALWAYS BE READILY REFERENCED BY THE CREATOR*
  • What about us who can't post on card pages?
  • @Bowler218
    Maybe PM is a good option?
  • edited February 2019
    How about this:

• edited February 2019

Comments?
    If you like it drop a fav ^^!

@bigbadbooknerd
    How do I get it into my graveyard maybe the mechanic should include the graveyard part
  • @DoctorFro, cute combo with Dictate of Erebos and Grave Pact. My only comment would be to add a comma after "the Void's Hand dies."

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/malaquetzil-salamander
  • edited February 2019
    Each other permanent it could target?
    @Temurzoa
    As it stands there is no qualification for dealing the 5 damage, so null 5 damage...and just a sacrificed creature.

I get the implication just I think there might be some words missing not sure how to word it though

At the end maybe "possible targets"?
  • edited February 2019
    "How much?"

"Your life."

Edit: Reduced cost by {1} so it would be even more balanced...?
  • @TenebrisNemo I commented and favorited your card.

I've been working on this design for a while and I want to format it better. Any Ideas?
  • @pakashara
    I attempted to post a response on your card's page, but Disqus was acting up. Basically I would suggest approaching wording the way I attempted to here.

Next Up:

Leave a fave or a comment on this card, then post up to two of your own to have at least one receive the same.
  • @Warlord_Cyro
    You must leave a like or comment on the card preceding yours if you wish to post your own :)
  • edited February 2019
    How about this, supposed to be a flip, but could not fit on the cards:

imageimage
  • Why is there a CMC for the R/G flip? And making a ton of 3/3 tokens opens up a lot of possibilities, you should drop the 5/5 to 4/4 or 4/5, and put a limit to how many boars you can have.
    G/W is ok, but I think 8 mana for a token, which doesn't allow for things that say non-token creatures, is to much. Just make it it's own card, and preferably legendary. If you stick with the token, make it a legendary token as it's a "named" token.
    Those are just my thoughts on them.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/iliad-ice-keeper?list=user
  • edited February 2019
    @Bowler218

You have to pay {4} for each boar though, making it harder to do all the time, which is its only real ability. About the CMC, I intended it as flip at first but it did not follow through.
  • edited February 2019
    Alright, we're getting a little off track here.

[Interjection]

@Warlord_Cyro & @bigbadbooknerd
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. We're trying to keep this discussion as clear as possible so that people have the simplest time knowing what to comment/fave when they post their own card for critique.

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post one or two cards for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on at least one of the cards preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, almost every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

-Next Up-
    Mangletusk

[ Leave a fave or comment on my card and then post up to two of your own! ]

P.S. @Bowler218, you came in in the middle and seemed to adhere to the rules correctly ;)